Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Dawson View Post
    Floppies are the seven inch vinyl records of comics with all of the obsoleteness and fetishism that entails.
    I guess I like records (even though I don't have any). Going off my last order including Mini-series and a few about to be cancelled.

DC
    Action
    All Star Western
    Animal Man
    Aquaman
    Batgril
    Batman
    Batman and Robin
    Birds of Prey
    Blue Beetle
    Captain Atom
    Catwoman
    Detective
    Flash
    Green Lantern
    Green Lantern Corps
    Hawk and Dove
    Huntress
    I Vampire
    Justice League
    Justice League Dark
    Justice League International
    Legion Lost
    Looney Tunes
    Mister Terrific
    My Greatest Adventure
    Nightforce
    Nightwing
    Resurrection Man
    Shade
    Superboy
    Supergirl
    Superman
    Supernatural
    Swamp Thing
    Voodoo
    Wonder Woman

Marvel
    Captain America & Bucky
    Captain America
    Dark Tower Gunslinger Waystation
    Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz
    Incredible Hulk
    John Carter Gods of Mars
    Legion of Monsters
    Villians For Hire
    Winter Soldier
    X Club

Independents
    Archie
    Army of Darkness
    Avengelyne
    Bart Simpson
    Blue Estate
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Charismagic
    Conan The Barbarian
    Flash Gordon Zeitgeist
    Game of Thrones
    Gold Digger
    Grimm Fairy Tales
    House of Knight
    Hawken
    Knightingail
    Legend of Oz the Wicked West
    Lone Ranger
    Lord of the Jungle
    Magdalena
    Mighty 7
    Misadventures of Adam West
    Myths and Legends
    Peanuts
    Sergio Aragones Funnies
    Seven Warriors
    Simpsons
    Strange Talent of Luther Strode
    Warlord of Mars Dejah Thoris
    Warriors of Mars

TPB's
    The Walking Dead

There are a few others but I cant say I would buy them every month yet. Now what do I win???
    Last edited by Kid Montana; 03-28-2012 at 05:57 AM.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Montana View Post
    Now what do I win???
    The ability to seek a 2nd job to pay for all of those.

(Been there, bought that many & more for at least a couple of years, as noted previously.)
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Just started a pull at an LCS near my work for the upcoming Valiant relaunch, though I don't expect it to be good. Valiant WAS Jim Shooter, and Jim Shooter chose to leave this new Valiant company. That sends the wrong message to me.

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    Just started a pull at an LCS near my work for the upcoming Valiant relaunch, though I don't expect it to be good. Valiant WAS Jim Shooter, and Jim Shooter chose to leave this new Valiant company. That sends the wrong message to me.
    I will say this for the new Valiant line: they definitely picked up some interesting talent to work on their books. Josh Dysart wrote one of the best series of the decade in Unknown Soldier, and Fred Van Lente's done some excellent and varied work throughout his career on everything from Action Philosophers to Incredible Herc. That indicates to me that the new Valiant is looking forward rather than backward. If they had just called up Bob Layton or something and did everything in the same way, I'd be far less interested. (And I like Bob Layton's work.)

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Josh Dysart wrote one of the best series of the decade in Unknown Soldier
    I really liked what he did with Neil Young's Greendale. He made it far more than a gn adaptation of the music and gave it its own soul.

That indicates to me that the new Valiant is looking forward rather than backward. If they had just called up Bob Layton or something and did everything in the same way, I'd be far less interested. (And I like Bob Layton's work.)
    Why call themselves Valiant and bring back the old Valiant properties if they aren't interested in looking back? Sometimes it's counterproductive to look back, and sometimes a company that was on the cusp of greatness and then ditched the man making it all happen so that it could become a soulless commercial success could use a revisit. Most serious fans of Valiant consider the Golden Age of the company to have lasted only up to the Unity event and are well aware of the major plans Shooter had for the universe beyond that point that were scrapped. It's why Acclaim brought Shooter back at the very end to create Unity 2000. They knew what the fans wanted, and it was Shooter's vision.

If Stan and Jack had been pulled off of Fantastic Four in their third year, the two were both still alive, and it was possible to finally get them back on the book, wouldn't you want that, or would you pass up the opportunity for the sake of looking forward?
    Last edited by shaxper; 03-28-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Mon View Post

Buying comics for the sole reason of reading them? What was I thinking??
    That's not what you said. You also had the reasons that you had to read them NOW, and for the reason that you were incapable of avoiding spoilers.
    Pulling for: HATE!; League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; Doktor Sleepless; S.H.I.E.L.D.; Sergio Aragones Funnies; The Manhattan Projects; MIND MGMT; Nightcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    The ability to seek a 2nd job to pay for all of those.

(Been there, bought that many & more for at least a couple of years, as noted previously.)
    Well I am lucky to be at a place in life with some disposable income, but my list really isnt THAT expensive. Couple hundred bucks for about 30 hours of entertainment. I would say that is a pretty decent return. If I were gaming more heavily instead I could easily surpass that.

Quote Originally Posted by inferno View Post
    That's not what you said. You also had the reasons that you had to read them NOW, and for the reason that you were incapable of avoiding spoilers.
    I'm done. What I wrote is there for all to see. I have better things to do now. Bye.
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Montana View Post
    Well I am lucky to be at a place in life with some disposable income, but my list really isnt THAT expensive. Couple hundred bucks for about 30 hours of entertainment. I would say that is a pretty decent return. If I were gaming more heavily instead I could easily surpass that.
    It probably helps, of course, if one isn't spending more than half that a month to feed a couple of dozen ungrateful feral cats in one's yard, not to mention the 3 cats in one's house. Which is to say, it must be nice not to have something wrong with one's mind.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!