Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default WC12: David Glanzer Preview's Anaheim's WonderCon

With a new venue and a new weekend, Comic-Con International's WonderCon show works to maintain momentum as one of the premier shows in the country, CCI's David Glanzer tells CBR.

Full article here.

If WonderCon doesn't return to San Franciso next year, I will be livid!!!

Damn. I had no idea this show was happening in Southern California. I think it's a little late for me to consider it. If it's anything like Comicon I wouldn't be interested anyway
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If WonderCon doesn't return to San Franciso next year, I will be livid!!!
    I'm 100% with you. The whole point of WonderCon was to give people in Northern California a chance to have a convention like Comicon and the ones they do in New York, Chicago, Southern Florida and other parts of the country. For people in Southern California, Anaheim is only an hour and a half away from San Diego. I, and many, many, MANY of my friends can't afford to fly down to Anaheim for a few days to attend WonderCon. If it doesn't return next year to San Francisco, I think I might just have to boycott all cons put out by Comicon (including another of my favorites, APE) in protest. I want to know if there's some place we can post our protests so that Comicon organizers know that we're very unhappy about this.

I hope it stays in Anaheim next year. I think rather go to this than Comic Con.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueFan View Post
    I'm 100% with you. The whole point of WonderCon was to give people in Northern California a chance to have a convention like Comicon and the ones they do in New York, Chicago, Southern Florida and other parts of the country. For people in Southern California, Anaheim is only an hour and a half away from San Diego. I, and many, many, MANY of my friends can't afford to fly down to Anaheim for a few days to attend WonderCon. If it doesn't return next year to San Francisco, I think I might just have to boycott all cons put out by Comicon (including another of my favorites, APE) in protest. I want to know if there's some place we can post our protests so that Comicon organizers know that we're very unhappy about this.
    At least you have APE. We have nothing comparable out here. I might take the road trip up this year if I can save up enough money to get some sketches by the Hernandez Bros.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress