Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Playboy" Reveals Origins of "The Walking Dead's" Michonne in April Issue

The origin of fan-favorite character Michonne is revealed in a special feature drawn by "The Walking Dead" artist Charlie Adlard found in the April issue of "Playboy."

Full article here.

I don't even know what to say about this other than WTF?

So if I have to buy an issue of Playboy to know the origin of Michonne? Guess Playboy is paying Kirkman some serious $$$ to do this. Since he's been quoted in other interviews as he's not interested in doing flashbacks of how the survivors got to where they are now.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

[QUOTE=CBR News;14863537]The origin of fan-favorite character Michonne is revealed in a special feature drawn by "The Walking Dead" artist Charlie Adlard found in the April issue of "Playboy."

This is so inappropriate. I hope they at least include it in the regular tpb.

I'm also not sure how I feel about this...will it be released separately at a later date?

If this doesn't scream she's in the final episode/third season, nothing does

Quote Originally Posted by bugalugs1 View Post
    Since it's not like Playboy cares about comic version of TWD, it definitely does.

I for one love to read Playboy for the articles :)

Quote Originally Posted by werehawk View Post

This is so inappropriate. I hope they at least include it in the regular tpb.
    It is not inappropriate whatsoever. The publication is well known for obtaining literature from outside sources to pad the content. Also it's always been the most tame magazine on the stands. Maxim is more revealing.

I do agree with your second statement; I only read the trades of Walking Dead, so I am concerned if it isn't collected in the TPB.

Its more annoying that you have to go out and buy a copy of the magazine just to get this. Kind of a slap in the face to all the fans that loyally follow the comic book. I would hope the same origin is reprinted in next months issue of the Walking Dead.

This confirms to me that Michonne will be in the Season Finale and in Season 3, so that makes me happy but having to buy Playboy to read this is annoying.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

I clicked on the link and I didn't see any nude pics. Thread fail

Quote Originally Posted by Squashua View Post
    It is not inappropriate whatsoever. The publication is well known for obtaining literature from outside sources to pad the content. Also it's always been the most tame magazine on the stands. Maxim is more revealing.

I do agree with your second statement; I only read the trades of Walking Dead, so I am concerned if it isn't collected in the TPB.
    That is what I meant. Inappropriate to make anyone go out and buy an issue of anything that they do not want just to get a critical? piece of something they enjoy. I would be just as annoyed if they put it in People not Playboy.

Of course, the assumption that anyone reading Walking Dead also likes naked women is insulting. Way to offend any female readers.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Here's the question that I'm sure will be on everyone's minds--will this be part of the centerfold? 'Cause Michonne with her samurai sword...yeah, that could work.

Seriously though, yeah, I hope it's included in the next trade. I would think so, considering that it's the same creative team.

That being said, this might become the first Playboy I ever buy.

Quote Originally Posted by bugalugs1 View Post
    I never thought of it like that, but now that you mention it--*SQUEEEEE!*

Quote Originally Posted by Squashua View Post
    Hell, Playboy has history with comics--as I recall, classic artists like Wally Wood and Steve Gurber did comics for them, same with modern artists like Adam Hughes and Gulliem March.

I'm going to be really upset if this appears in a future trade but not in an issue.