Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Van Lente Buddies Up "Archer & Armstrong"

"Incredible Hercules" writer Fred Van Lente takes on another dissonant dynamic duo in "Archer & Armstrong," relaunching in August from Valiant Entertainment. Plus, exclusive art!

Full article here.

Alright. This is officially the book I'm looking forward to most, followed by Harbinger. My concern is how many issues Henry will be able to knock out and who would be the artist to step up if he needs a break.

For anyone interested, IGN had an interview with Swierczynski on Bloodshot.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Yeah, have to agree. Mostly for the writer, but I'm now looking forward to this more than X-O. Never read the original series for some reason, love BWS just never got around to it. I'll have to scout my local comic shop for trades or issues (which will probably be in the dollar bins). Really hope this Valiant reboot works, they seem to have better creators going for them than the last couple of times. Only thing better would be a return of Quantum & Woody.
    A Fool for the Foom

Every interview makes me want to read these books more than I already do. This is just the perfect book for FVL.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Loved the original series. Those are some awfully big shoes to fill. I want it to succeed. If it's half as good as the original it will be better than most books out there today.

Quote Originally Posted by finfangfool View Post
    Yeah, have to agree. Mostly for the writer, but I'm now looking forward to this more than X-O. Never read the original series for some reason, love BWS just never got around to it. I'll have to scout my local comic shop for trades or issues (which will probably be in the dollar bins). Really hope this Valiant reboot works, they seem to have better creators going for them than the last couple of times. Only thing better would be a return of Quantum & Woody.
    I just bought all three of the remastered Valiant trades...though not cheap, they are well worth the money.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

You are [going to get to see where they came from.] As longtime Valiant fans know, Armstrong has two brothers, Ivar and Gilad. They are major parts of this book and of this relaunch in ways I'd rather not go into. Gilad is known Timewalker and Ivar is known as the Eternal Warrior. Armstrong, Timewalker and Eternal Warrior, their immortality all stems from the same source and you learn what that source is in the opening scene of "Archer & Armstrong" #1 which takes place in the city-state of Ur 10,000 years ago.
    Dude, if you are writing for Valiant get your characters right! Gilad = EW, Ivar = TW.

This kind of mix up on an interview doesn't really fill me with confidence that the immortals are going to be well handled.
    Last edited by havok1977; 03-15-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Liking the character designs the Sect ninjas look awesome.
    Just guessing but could the 3 immortals be really Noah's 3 sons from the Bible?
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Clayton Henry on art! I'm there.
    In war the elders may give the orders, but it's the young who have to fight.

I'm pretty psyched.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Dude, if you are writing for Valiant get your characters right! Gilad = EW, Ivar = TW.

This kind of mix up on an interview doesn't really fill me with confidence that the immortals are going to be well handled.
    I noticed that too, but you never know how the interview was conducted (by phone most likely), so it may have been transcribed incorrectly. Having read a lot of FVL's work, I know he is a stickler for continuity and does his research on characters and their backgrounds. That being said, I am giving him the bennefit of the doubt here.

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    Liking the character designs the Sect ninjas look awesome.
    Just guessing but could the 3 immortals be really Noah's 3 sons from the Bible?
    Weren' their names Japheth, Shem, and Ham or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatiko View Post
    Weren' their names Japheth, Shem, and Ham or something like that?
    Yeah I know, but the writer mentioned the great flood, so I was just guessing what he might do with it.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

I can't wait! I'm excited about all 4 of the new Valiant books!
    Favorite books: All books by Valiant, Green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman, Invincible, Uncanny Avengers, Five Ghosts, and The Sixth Gun.

Glad to see A & A. Quantum & Woody would be a nice crossover.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am