Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I dont think WW could be with a man who is as obsessvie and dark as Bruce Wayne. Unless he could become a happier person and continue being Batman.

I was just rereading that series today. So great. I like how batman can't outfit her. So he has to out think her!

Quote Originally Posted by liopleurodon View Post
    Oh ... the Hiketeia was soooo good. the only bad thing about it was that is was so short. I remember screaming with glee when WW threw Bats out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakes View Post
    I dont think WW could be with a man who is as obsessvie and dark as Bruce Wayne. Unless he could become a happier person and continue being Batman.
    She could be With Him, When he is around Women he Softens up remarkably because he really is a hopeless romantic at his core who has been burned by women alot. Between Talia, Jezebel, Catwomen, Silver st Cloud, Dude just has a Bad run of women who take advantage of him.

I think a Him actually getting with a Superhero Girl would be a very nice change of pace. Also I want to see Damian and Diana Meet, Just so I can see Diana School the Little Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    She could be With Him, When he is around Women he Softens up remarkably because he really is a hopeless romantic at his core who has been burned by women alot. Between Talia, Jezebel, Catwomen, Silver st Cloud, Dude just has a Bad run of women who take advantage of him.
    Catwoman already did the job quite nicely.

I think a Him actually getting with a Superhero Girl would be a very nice change of pace. Also I want to see Damian and Diana Meet, Just so I can see Diana School the Little Man.
    Schooling Damian is Batgirl's job <biggrin>

Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Well, I favor the interpretation that Bruce has long since reached the point where he works hard to seem as obsessively grim-and-gritty as possible . . . for the sake of maintaining his image! In his heart, I think he knows (and occasionally says) that he's gotten trapped in a vicious cycle of needing to act as scary and focused as possible in order to keep the criminal element of Gotham from deciding they can get away with murder because Batman has "lightened up" or simply isn't appearing on the streets as often as he used to (say, if he was spending half his nights at home with a loving wife, for instance).

Or, to put it another way, I'm rather fond of the take that Steve Englehart once offered on it, in the final page of a story he wrote in the 1970s. In a narrative caption, he assured us that:

"-- And in truth, Bruce Wayne long ago learned to live with the agonizing fact of his parents' demise."

So, contrary to what some writers have suggested, Englehart's idea was that Bruce is no longer just a traumatized child at heart; no longer just seeking "justice" (or "revenge") because of what happened to his own family many years ago. That may have been why he started being Batman, but he's long since grown out of that stage. Now he keeps being Batman because other people need him to protect them from Joker and his ilk; not just because of a sense of "survivor's guilt" over what happened to Thomas and Martha Wayne when he was too young to prevent it.

Moving back to the DCAU Diana/Bruce romance, I think Bruce might actually be able to settle down with Diana and spend less time out on the streets at night . . . if he were convinced that Gotham City as a whole would not be worse off because of that. (Of course, if Diana relocated to Gotham as her home base, that might help . . .)

The Batman/Wonder Woman attempt at shipping was a really badly executed one and an idea that would work out badly for both characters since there is little logic behind it. WW is suddenly some love sick chick trying to date Batman, who frankly I don't blame for running away from her. Desperate much, Princess? WW simply does not make sense in his world and I like my Batman the way he is. The idea he needs WW to change him and make him better...just stop right there. He does not need her to do anything. He is fine as he is and there are other women who do more for his narrative that her. I can't see him doing much for hers either unless you change her entirely.

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

My idea of Diana and Bruce...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	254514_270496389737660_1271348804_n.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	105669

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post

face-down in the cats litterbox.

His drive was actually one of the things that Diana liked about him.

She Reminds Me of my Wife lol

I don't really ship comic!Bats and WW, because, well...even though Batman is my favorite superhero, I still figure Wonder Woman can do better than the brooding control freak with trust issues. It worked in the Justice League cartoon, sure, but that version of Batman was less of a control freak, and that version of Diana was less awesome than her usual comic self. XD (Don't get me wrong, I loved JLU...but if it had a weakness, I feel that it was its failure to properly convey the paragon nature of folks like Wonder Woman and Superman.)
    ...Mind you, the fact that I don't ship them doesn't keep me from immensely enjoying An Unusual Mission.

Quote Originally Posted by killercroc View Post
    The Batman/Wonder Woman attempt at shipping was a really badly executed one and an idea that would work out badly for both characters since there is little logic behind it. WW is suddenly some love sick chick trying to date Batman, who frankly I don't blame for running away from her. Desperate much, Princess? WW simply does not make sense in his world and I like my Batman the way he is. The idea he needs WW to change him and make him better...just stop right there. He does not need her to do anything. He is fine as he is and there are other women who do more for his narrative that her. I can't see him doing much for hers either unless you change her entirely.
    Does romantic attraction always have to be "impeccably logical"? In the DCAU take on it, I was perfectly willing to believe: "Diana feels attracted to Bruce, and is not shy about letting him know." Whether or not it was "logical" was not the point!

On the other hand . . . I would absolutely hate to see Bruce and Diana get married and settle down "permanently" in the regular continuity of DC's ongoing titles . . . I agree with you in principle that in the ongoing continuity of the core Bat-books, Bruce Wayne should not be married to a super-powered woman, month after month and year after year and decade after decade.

But since the separate continuity of the DCAU is no longer "alive and well" in the sense of multiple comic book titles and TV shows coming out every year, I am very fond of the idea that "in the end, after the JLU series ended, Bruce and Diana may have finally gotten together. In effect, once DCAU Batman was no longer busy being a lone wolf in lots of TV episodes and comic books, he may have finally achieved something resembling 'a romantic happy ending!'"

(In fact, I have a half-written fanfic which explores how that might have happened . . . I haven't posted any of it yet, though.)

Yeah, to make it clear to new readers:

- They were flirty in the TV show, but it never went anywhere really.
    - At a moment in the JLA comic (not either of their own titles), they were going to die and they shared a mutual kiss (i.e. it wasn't one of those 'he kissed me/no she kissed *me*' moments)
    - Bruce and Diana spent a couple of issues of the JLA considering what it meant and came to the realization that it wasn't meant to be.
    - It was never mentioned in any other book or any other title including their own individual books. It was one writer in one book for a few issues.
    - Year passed with absolutely nothing between them other than friendship.
    - Out of deep left center field, in the middle of Blackest Night, someone got the bright idea that Diana was in love with Bruce. There was no foreshadowing, no crossovers into anything other than this goofy crossover, and no words exchanged between the characters on the matter. She was in the thrall of the Black Lanterns and that image shown was in her imagination only as an explanation of how she broke the hold (because nobody could ever do anything so awesomely mighty on their own - Batman must be involved somehow)
    - It hasn't been mentioned since.
    Well to be fair it didn't make sense that they went Black Lantern in the first place.