Page 218 of 756 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318718 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 11339

$50,000 for two months of "living expenses" sound a lot like "ballin' out of control" to me.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    You seriously think he raised over $200,000 in donations in less than a week? And keep in mind that he had already spent 50,000 of that on "Living expenses".
    Where's that about the living expenses at? Or are you just subtracting the bail amount from the donations since he said that he was broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    Where's that about the living expenses at? Or are you just subtracting the bail amount from the donations since he said that he was broke?
    Right here:

Although Zimmerman spent some of the contributions on living expenses, about $150,000 remains
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/27/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

Thanks.

That's pretty serious living.

Zimmerman and his people lied about how much money he had. They were claiming he was flat broke and couldn't even afford living expenses. That's part of why his bail was set so much lower than normal for a 2nd degree murder charge.

Also if it can be proven that Zimmerman's wife, mother, and father knew he had that amount of money they could be charged with perjury.
    What is "normal" for a second degree murder charge in that part of Florida, what I have heard that Bail is in the normal range
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    I thought they were saing he was broke and that's why the judge set bail so low? I'm not a lawyer so I ask this genuinely. How is this not perjury?
    If the money was for legl cost it goes tho the lawyers not Zimmermans pocket, It could be far higher and he still could be broke

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    After all, the point of bail is usually that the judge can trust somebody not to run away because the amount of money handed in is a crippling amount for that person. If it now comes out that somebody (possibly a racist with deep pockets) is paying however much it is and it won't affect Zimmerman at all, then these are new conditions that the judge needs to consider as the risk of Zimmerman fleeing is suddenly very real again.
    If he was going to flee would ha not have done that when he could have just climbed on a airplane legaly and gone wherever he chose?

The fear of him fleeing seems mostly imaginary now, just like it has always been.

You seriously think he raised over $200,000 in donations in less than a week? And keep in mind that he had already spent 50,000 of that on "Living expenses".
    Do you or the families lawyer have any evidence that it was not?

Do you think lawyers are not burning though that money like it was at a bonfire? That make it 50K for all expenses including legal, not for living expenses

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Do you think lawyers are not burning though that money like it was at a bonfire? That make it 50K for all expenses including legal, not for living expenses
    O'Mara (the lawyer) is the one that says that Zimmerman spent $50K on living expenses and he says that he didn't know about the money until last week. He also said that he charges $400/hour and that the costs could hit $1M, which I guess means that he'd be hiring a lot of help. Or just 8 hours a day for about a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    O'Mara (the lawyer) is the one that says that Zimmerman spent $50K on living expenses and he says that he didn't know about the money until last week. He also said that he charges $400/hour and that the costs could hit $1M, which I guess means that he'd be hiring a lot of help. Or just 8 hours a day for about a year.
    Actually O'Mara said he didn't know about the money until THIS week, before then O'Mara said he though Zimmerman didn't have any money at all.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

How did O'Mara expect to be paid his $1 million dollar legal costs if he didn't think Zimmerman had a dime ? Really ....I think the family was well enough to pay Zimmerman's legal costs more or less from the get go , before the donations became public really. I doubt a lawyer is gonna sign on for the possible income from a donation website lol.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

BANNED

Wow..this GZ guy. A coward and scheming lair. Balling after killing a unarmed kid. Smfh

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    $50,000 for two months of "living expenses" sound a lot like "ballin' out of control" to me.
    Or round the clock security, living in a hotel and a couple of flights to and from Florida plus stuff like keeping his mortgage and car payments up to date while he isn't able to work.
    Last edited by Iangould; 04-27-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    I thought they were saing he was broke and that's why the judge set bail so low? I'm not a lawyer so I ask this genuinely. How is this not perjury?
    Well for starters, perjury has to be under oath and the defendant has to be proven to be knowing lying or to be reckless in their disregard for the truth.

Lying in an unsworn statement before a judge is more likely to get you charged with obstruction or conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
    Last edited by Iangould; 04-27-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com