Page 12 of 756 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Zimmerian has made 44 calls to the police, 4 of them have led to criminal acitvity.Zimmerian has called about burglary , kids playing in the street.
    Last edited by Cavemold; 03-20-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Come on Cave...don't make excuses for this spineless idiot.
    Well (much as I hate to say it) Cavemold is right on this one point. Race is often used when describing someone to authorities. The problem is race as a sole description is ineffective.

Giving a description of Black Male wearing a grey sweatshirt, blue jeans, and white sneakers is about as vague as you can get.

Not sure if this has been posted.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/20...hot/?hpt=hp_t3
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Come on Cave...don't make excuses for this spineless idiot.
    Dont get me wrong he is murdering sob. Im just explaining standard police description . Zimmerian was using these tatics. The girlfriend recorded what happened and that should be enough edvince for a trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    Zimmerian has made 44 calls to the police, 4 of them have led to criminal acitvity.Zimmerian has called about burglary , kids playing in the street.
    Oh well then, that changes everything. 4 leads to actual criminal activity = 1 free murder.
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Algren View Post
    ...and still haven't arrested the murderer even though their own evidence (911 calls) pretty goddamn clearly shows that he shot twice, the second of which was obviously not self-defense.
    Not to mention the girlfriend of the victim coming forward, and pieced together a chilling last few moments of the teenager's life.
    The fact that Zimmerman hasn't been arrested only points out the incompetence or outright racism of the department.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    You're right, Ian. Unless Florida is different from everywhere else, self defense is an affirmative defense. That means the defendant has to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that he acted in self defense. The State does not have the burden to show that it wasn't self-defense. Their burden is the same as in any other homicide.

There's absolutely no question there is ample evidence to charge murder in this case.
    According to other coverage (and I can't find the link now), police have been very reluctant to make charges when self defense comes up. They just pass it up to the state level and let them deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    According to other coverage (and I can't find the link now), police have been very reluctant to make charges when self defense comes up. They just pass it up to the state level and let them deal with it.
    That's odd, though.
    I mean, that's like Old West, 'Well, here's yore gun back, let's go get a drink, Tex' kind of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Oh well then, that changes everything. 4 leads to actual criminal activity = 1 free murder.
    That's why the police let him go. They checked his punch card.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Which just means they aren't doing their job. Charging issues lie with the prosecutor, not with the police. They should do their investigation the same way no matter what. That investigation then goes to the prosecutor to decide if and how it is charged.

I can make up a chicken-shit self-defense claim on almost any crime of violence. If the police are using that as their standard they're incompetent.

One of the saddest parts of all the transcripts from 911 calls is the fact that the words "I'm not going to help" keep popping up.......I understand it, but it's still very sad.

BANNED

The FBI has more resources to make a case , so I see why the police would be scared to make case.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    Which just means they aren't doing their job. Charging issues lie with the prosecutor, not with the police. They should do their investigation the same way no matter what. That investigation then goes to the prosecutor to decide if and how it is charged.

I can make up a chicken-shit self-defense claim on almost any crime of violence. If the police are using that as their standard they're incompetent.
    Incompetent, or complicit?
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    The FBI has more resources to make a case , so I see why the police would be scared to make case.
    You're okay with the police being too scared to do their damn jobs? Seriously?

Why do you keep making excuses for these people?
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

BANNED

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/20/justic...l?c=homepage-t

Here's a link about the girlfriend being on the phone at the incident.