Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Green Takes On Indigo in Keown's "Green Lantern" #8 Variant

DC has released Dale Keown's variant cover for "Green Lantern" #8 written by Geoff Johns with art by Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy featuring Hal Jordan and Sinestro facing off against the Indigo Tribe.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    DC has released Dale Keown's variant cover for "Green Lantern" #8 written by Geoff Johns with art by Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy featuring Hal Jordan and Sinestro facing off against the Indigo Tribe.

Full article here.
    A) I love this cover and hope this & his Flash cover promises us a bigger DC project for Dale Keown in the very near future.

and

B) It's a relief they got that link fixed cuz I was pretty sure it would've been very hard to find it in the GL forum, LOL!

Washington.... the state not the place with the monuments.

Keown has always been great. I don't see him doing much interior work. The most he's done is the Darkness/Pitt thing 2 or 3 years ago and that one issue of Artificacts.

I always liked Pitt. It was a neat book.

I hope DC can get Keown to do a fill-in issue for one of their books. Or maybe he could do an over sized annual.

BANNED

has there ever been a variant that was better than the original?

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    has there ever been a variant that was better than the original?
    At DC, or do you mean in life in general? In general I've liked some of the retro-inspired variants for Archie's "Kevin Kellar" book. But that's usually more of a case of Cover A and Cover B.

I kind of like this variant better than the solicited cover, which is just Hal and Sinestro and some bats(?)
    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/green...reen-lantern-8

I like seeing Indigo1 and Munk on this variant cover.

I think the parody of the earlier Hal vs Sinestro cover was a variant back in GLv3 #60. That was cool
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...e=UTF8&index=1

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    At DC, or do you mean in life in general? In general I've liked some of the retro-inspired variants for Archie's "Kevin Kellar" book. But that's usually more of a case of Cover A and Cover B.

I kind of like this variant better than the solicited cover, which is just Hal and Sinestro and some bats(?)
    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/green...reen-lantern-8

I like seeing Indigo1 and Munk on this variant cover.

I think the parody of the earlier Hal vs Sinestro cover was a variant back in GLv3 #60. That was cool
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...e=UTF8&index=1
    In my knowledge I can only speak of the New 52, but so far paying 7-20$ for a worse cover does not appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    In my knowledge I can only speak of the New 52, but so far paying 7-20$ for a worse cover does not appeal to me.
    Well, I haven't paid much more than a dollar more for any variants I got. The GL#60 I found on eBay for like 3.99 or 4.99, I liked it enough for that price.

The Archie variants for Kevin are the same price as the regular ones (hence I think it's more of a Cover B thing) As for New52, I haven't been paying too close attention to any variants. This is the first I've noticed. I think it looks nicer- maybe not $7-20 nicer.