Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Jason James on the New DC Comics Website

CBR News spoke with DC Comics VP of Interactive Marketing Jason James about the publisher's website redesign and the company's hopes and plans for its updated web presence.

Full article here.

BANNED

>can only comment through facebook
    >no anonymity now

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

uh oh here comes the complaints about the site
    Last edited by CTpitch; 03-13-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    uh oh here comes the complains about the site
    Yep. All that redesign and I can't get a simple alphabetical list of what books are in store this week.

Fails at its number one job.

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    uh oh here comes the complains about the site
    Well, do you like it?

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, do you like it?
    If the just do a better job on the solicitations it would be okay
    Bummed about the message boards but to many damn trolls were on it
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skeetsHD View Post
    Yep. All that redesign and I can't get a simple alphabetical list of what books are in store this week.

Fails at its number one job.
    Yep, that's my problem too.

I loved how the last version could give me an alphabetical list (no pictures taking up space, just a list) of what titles were available in a given week for any week in the next two or three months. I used that function daily and now it's gone.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.

If all of the interaction is on Facebook and Twitter, what do we need the DC site for?
    Am I missing something?
    Not slamming it, just not sure I understand what they are going for.
    Then again, I don't like Facebook and won't do Twitter; so maybe it's all just passing me by.
    "In times of CRISIS, it's of utmost importance to always keep ones' head."- M. Antionette

Dill Crockery Knoodle Jones-That Stillwell guy

Why does it seem like CBR and Newsarama are always afraid to ask real questions to DC and Marvel? Fans have been extremely negative about the redesign, so much so that DC took down the homepage comment section the very first day because it was almost entirely negative. You ask about the message boards, but no follow-up questions to the same canned response we've already heard? This interview is no different than a DC press release.

I like what he says about it and the thought process of the site.

I mean, while i appreciate the fact that without anonymity you take more care of what you post, i am afraid of posting or liking something and it appearing on my facebook.
    Also, the solicits are very hard to find and figure out. DC's solicit page and The Source were much better before.

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flamebird View Post
    If all of the interaction is on Facebook and Twitter, what do we need the DC site for?
    Am I missing something?
    Not slamming it, just not sure I understand what they are going for.
    Then again, I don't like Facebook and won't do Twitter; so maybe it's all just passing me by.
    you can leave comments on almost every page of the website,you just use your facebook name to do it,so its on website stuff.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post

I mean, while i appreciate the fact that without anonymity you take more care of what you post, i am afraid of posting or liking something and it appearing on my facebook.
    Also, the solicits are very hard to find and figure out. DC's solicit page and The Source were much better before.
    create another facebook account just for this,i did,and the source wasnt able to post comments,now you can,on everything.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post

You can change the settings so that your comments won't show up on your actual FB page. Just uncheck the add to FB box.

I like it. Many sites are doing this or have done this now. Using existing or emerging social media to fuel comments. It also means more hits on search engines and possibly more eyes on their features/newsworthy items.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    you can leave comments on almost every page of the website,you just use your facebook name to do it,so its on website stuff.
    That's my point; I think maybe I'm just too out of touch to adapt anymore. I've had friends nag me till I got a facebook page, but I never use it cause it just seems so user un-friendly.
    I can't seem to wrap my head around logging in to facebook to talk on DC website. Seems counter-intuitive.
    But really, I seem to be in the minority that doesn't like the Facebook format for much of anything.
    "In times of CRISIS, it's of utmost importance to always keep ones' head."- M. Antionette

Dill Crockery Knoodle Jones-That Stillwell guy

Quote Originally Posted by Flamebird View Post
    That's my point; I think maybe I'm just too out of touch to adapt anymore. I've had friends nag me till I got a facebook page, but I never use it cause it just seems so user un-friendly.
    I can't seem to wrap my head around logging in to facebook to talk on DC website. Seems counter-intuitive.
    But really, I seem to be in the minority that doesn't like the Facebook format for much of anything.

i have a comic and real life facebook page,just sign in,and go comment on stuff on the DC website.its actually pretty cool,but for the fact that the places i post on the website isnt very busy.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch