Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Mark Waid Wants Your Questions

Are you ready to stump Mark Waid? The "Daredevil" writer is seeking questions about comics trivia and minutia, his career and everything else for a special WonderCon 2012 panel.

Full article here.

Did you really have Daredevil sniff his fingers immediately after thinking about spending the night with Black Cat? Really?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

What was the name of the imaginary twin brother Matt Murdock created to hide his secret identity?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    What was the name of the imaginary twin brother Matt Murdock created to hide his secret identity?
    Mike, I believe.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

SHOW ME YOUR THUMBS!! BohemiaDrinker's Avatar

Hello there MR. Waid. In case you`re reading this (as sometimes you are) thank you very much for answering two of my questions last year. So:

1) Is there and end-point to the Irredeemable line of books? If so, how much time do we still have? Any plans in another book set in that universe?

2) As the fan everyone know you are (not the writer), the DC`s nu52; what`s your verdict? Liking it, hating, not reading it?

3) Concerning Digital Comics and piracy; digital Comics have finally arrived in a relevant way; with "day and date" releases and Comixology as it`s biggest implementer. I have no hard data on piracy, but I believe it did not shrink because of it; and I have seen on the net two major points worth noticing from people who claim to both pay for their comics and pirate, which are piracy still offering the best "product" in a lot of ways - allowing to download and manage your files however you want, while Comixology has a lot of restrictions - and the full price point, which would not justify the switch to Digital. Do you see validity in any or both of these claims? And now that they`re finally HERE, how, do you think, digital comics could improve in fighting/competing against piracy itself? What do you think could be improved?

4) Red-headed heroes in red uniforms: why do you write them so well? Is red your favorite color or something?

5) I have been paying more attention to Quibitt later, and have to ask... Is Plutonian really the Irredeemable guy from the title?

may the Force be with you

How do you think the world will actually end?

Mark, there's something that's been bugging me for years: When I first started reading Daredevil, way back in the 1980s or so, Matt was engaged to a young woman named Heather. IIRC there was some sort of tension in the relationship. Anyway, Foggy Nelson and Natasha "Black Widow" Romanov got together and forged two messages, one purportedly from Matt to Heather and one purportedly from Heather to Matt. Each said something like, "I don't love you any more and I'm breaking our engagement." The upshot was that Heather killed herself. My question is, what on Earth were Foggy and Natasha trying to accomplish by the forgeries? I probably missed some background because I started reading mid-story, but that doesn't seem like something a friend would do. What were they hoping would happen?

P.S. I loved your portrayal of James Jesse/Trickster I.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 03-12-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Mike, I believe.
    Shhhh, don't help him with the answer

So at this point, thanks to the Internet, we all know that Clark Kent's social security number is 092-09-6616. But what's his pants size?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Dear Mr. Waid,

Thanks so much for your work, and for being someone whom I have consistently enjoyed. As someone who a few years back decided to follow writers more than characters, it's been great to be able to count on a good, and worthwhile read when your name is on the cover. Often an excellent read too.

Your Daredevil run has been excellent (you had me when your publicity interviews you said something about how it might be an idea to not see any ninjas show up in DD for a good long while now), loving your Irredeemable/Incorruptible stuff, and looking forward to whatever the future holds for you right now.

1) I'm wondering what it would take to see you return to DC? I feel their current editorial climate is interfering too much with creative process at the moment and suspect this is why I am enjoying less of their output. Their writers seem handcuffed. Anyway, would it simply be a matter of being asked back, or would the climate need to change there as well?

2) What is a Marvel character you have yet to write in a monthly that you would love to have a chance at?

3) If one...was interested in adapting Potter's Field - excellent by the way (so excellent) - for a stage play, whom would one contact (let's assume that 'One' in this case is an actor/director who goes by the handle Schnitzy Pretzelpants). You can PM that answer if you like.

Keep doing what you do, man - and fighting the fight as well. I truly appreciate your outspokenness as well as your creative output. It's refreshing in this day and age.

What was Wally and Linda's mysterious wedding gift?

Thanks for this Mr. Waid. You are my favourite writer and I appreciate this unique opportunity.

1. Hate to start with something that might seem like a Nitpick but I always wondered why in Kingdom Come, Bane was used as one of the villains that
    destroyed the Manor after Batmans identity was exposed. Didn't he always know about Bruce Wayne?

2. What Pulp heroes would you like to write from Classic strips? Based on the sterling work you're doing on Daredevil, I think you could rock a Phantom book!

3. You've stated that Superman is your favourite super hero. I'm just curious as to your exact reasons for this?

I hope somebody ask him this, because I suspect that the way Ralph Dibny has been treated might have something to do with the way he left DC.

"What did you expect or hope other writers to do with the ghost Dibnys after you were done with 52?"

or

"Why do you thin DC has been ignoring the Dibnys after 52?" (no resurrection, rare appearances as ghosts, no more toys, the only satellite JLAer without a DCU Classics figure, no video game, reduced appearances in animation, no mention in the DCnU, etc.).

I'm really concerned about that character, which happens to be my favorite and I think is one of Waid's favorites.

Were you drawing a parallel to Bruce Wayne in your "Tower of Babel" when the Mole Man stole Jack Murdock's casket?
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

What is the back-story of the new Nova, Sam Alexander?
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!