Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Marvel At SXSW: Mark Waid Takes Nova To Infinite Comics

The writer whose passion for digital comics has been on display at cons and online brings his tablet-first findings to Marvel as Mark Waid explains how his Nova "AvX" tie-in story for Marvel Infinite Comics is just a first step.

Full article here.

The first story stars new Nova Sam Alexander
    No thanks.

This kind of diminishes the hopes of a new Nova (print) series launching after AvX. So now what?
    Avengers, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, FF, Hawkeye, New Avengers
    Animal Man, Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League
    Saga, Thief of Thieves.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Mark Waid is writing it. I see no reason not to at least give it a try.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Didn't read the article, but of they make this 99 cents, even at 10 pages per, I think this has a lot of potential.

Waid's DD book is perhaps the best crafted book on the shelf today.

So I'm on board. It's got me for at least a few issues.

Chaotically Neutral Specimen 297's Avatar

"hey marvel should take a few chances and do books aside from Captain America and Spider-Man books"

"hey marvel should take a few chances and do books aside from Captain America and Spider-Man books and put big-name creators on them"

"hey marvel should take a few chances on new characters and do books aside from Captain America and Spider-Man books and put big-name creators on them"

Marvel does that. People still complain and say they're not interested.

See you all in a few months when you're all complaining about how Spider-Man's got another book and Marvel don't ever give characters like Nova a chance.
    I'd just like everyone to know that not only am I dropping Marvel, I'm dropping this forum considering I'm not even allowed to voice a negative opinion because a thread "isn't about me".

Quote Originally Posted by Specimen 297 View Post
    "hey marvel should take a few chances and do books aside from Captain America and Spider-Man books"

"hey marvel should take a few chances and do books aside from Captain America and Spider-Man books and put big-name creators on them"

"hey marvel should take a few chances on new characters and do books aside from Captain America and Spider-Man books and put big-name creators on them"

See you all in a few months when you're all complaining about how Spider-Man's got another book and Marvel don't ever give characters like Nova a chance.
    Quoted for truth.

I personally feel like Speciman's post is one of those where the saying "If it doesn't apply, let it fly" applies. I'm not in the category of people he's talking about, but I agree with him because I also see those complaints made daily it seems.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Waid and Immonen? Can't say no to that.
    Expletive Deleted

I don't have an IPad so i'm screwed. would have purchased this too.

Edit:
    Why don't they just put these digital comics I own on a website that can be accessed on my laptops browser. Stupid that this stuff is only on smartphones and tablets. I own about 200 digital comics, but can only view them on a tiney phone, kinda seems stupid.
    Last edited by Jack J Napier; 03-11-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: New to say
    "I visited Latveria and all I got is a bunch of Doombot heads."

-Deadpool-
    Doomwar # 5

Quote Originally Posted by Specimen 297 View Post

*Applauds*

Quote Originally Posted by gma2darescue View Post
    This kind of diminishes the hopes of a new Nova (print) series launching after AvX. So now what?
    Nah, I think it's a tool to launch him. The hint that Loeb 'really, really understands the character' sort of indicates that he's developed him for an ongoing, in my mind.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

I agree that this seems like a springboard for a new Nova series to come out after AvX. I hope it's the same creative team and $2.99. I'm all over it if it is. I have no issue with a new Nova. I think liked Spiderman, Nova worked best when he was out of his depth and Rich Ryder isn't that anymore. He's just Hal Jordan now for the most part. Plus wasn't it Waid who made Wally Flash come into how own.

Id they don't do a print version of this I imagine they will monetise it further by giving away a code for it free with an eventual Nova Tpb collection. Unless they can convert these to print and offer up a collection of all these infinite comics (as well as adding them as extra content for 4 or 5 issue tpbs that they seem so fond of doing.) at some point.

So I guess this is where we are going to see Van Lente's twins from the Point One. I imagine we will get a few of these until Marvel realise people don't have a whole lot of interest in them.
    Last edited by Sabrewulf; 03-11-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    I agree that this seems like a springboard for a new Nova series to come out after AvX. I hope it's the same creative team and $2.99. I'm all over it if it is. I have no issue with a new Nova. I think liked Spiderman, Nova worked best when he was out of his depth and Rich Ryder isn't that anymore. He's just Hal Jordan now for the most part. Plus wasn't it Waid who made Wally Flash come into how own.
    If it is Waid I'll be hugely surprised. Sam Alexander is very obviously based off of Loeb's son, and Waid made it clear that Loeb has a very specific understanding of the character. It seems strange that Loeb would go to all that effort and invest so much of himself if he wasn't writing the actual series.

Waid is on this because Waid is helping to pioneer their digital foray. Sam Alexander is going to be Loeb's.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

So Infinite Comics is just glorified motion comics?

I'm kind of disappointed, honestly.
    I. AM. THE. NEW. GOD.
    Across countless worlds, for countless eons, not a voice is raised in hope or joy.
    Across these worlds, these infinite lands throughout the cosmos, there is only Darkseid.