Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dynamite Comics overall "Ultimate Thread" for all comics.

So I thought it would be nice to make a thread where people can talk about tons of Dynamites comics like Bionic Man, Green Hornet, Last Phantom, Vampirella, Lord of the Jungle, Flash Gordon, Red Sonja, Ranger, Zorro, The Spider, The Shadow, Kato, and other heroes put out by dynamite comics!!!! What do you guys read not counting the Kirby books? I read Green Hornet, Bionic Man, Vampirella, and a couple others.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

I've been reading a TON of Dynamite Entertainment titles over the past several years, they've become my #1 comic book company and the top priority of all my comic book needs, even more so than my beloved "DCnU/New 52" stuff I've been engrossing myself with. As for the Dynamite stuff I read, well, it's a decent size list.....but I won't list Project: Superpowers and Kirby: Genesis titles since I consider them separate from the rest of the DE stuff....

Green Hornet (read Strikes and Year One too)
    Kato (read Origins too)
    Bionic Man
    Vampirella
    Flash Gordon (just started reading)
    The Last Phantom (I think it's ended now)
    Warlord of Mars
    Dejah Thoris
    Warriors of Mars
    Lord of the Jungle (just started reading)
    Red Sonja (just the core book, never actually read an issue but I've been buying it since issue #35.....)

Although I've been mostly with Red Sonja since Dynamite's first issue, I've been going back and forth between that title and Queen Sonja in recent months. It's really like looking at the character from two different points in time, with the latter being a slightly older version of the character.

Vampirella and Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris are both on my monthly pull list and I enjoy the heck out of both.

Other Dynamite titles I've had:
    Buck Rogers
    Battlestar Galactica (classic)
    Battlestar Galactica: 1980
    Painkiller Jane
    Robocop (first mini-series)
    Jungle Girl
    Terminator: Revolution
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

I only just started reading lord of the jungle, may consider bionicman or robocop.
    Like flash gordon but wish if it took place in a modern setting instead of a ww2 era.
    Same thing goes for the shadow it should have been modernized.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by C. Earl View Post
    Although I've been mostly with Red Sonja since Dynamite's first issue, I've been going back and forth between that title and Queen Sonja in recent months. It's really like looking at the character from two different points in time, with the latter being a slightly older version of the character.

Vampirella and Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris are both on my monthly pull list and I enjoy the heck out of both.

Other Dynamite titles I've had:
    Buck Rogers
    Battlestar Galactica (classic)
    Battlestar Galactica: 1980
    Painkiller Jane
    Robocop (first mini-series)
    Jungle Girl
    Terminator: Revolution
    I don't think of late that Queen Sonja has been as strong, as least as far as the writing is concerned on it, as has Red Sonja. Or maybe I am just finding that part of her life more interesting.

On my pull list though are both Sonja titles, Vampirella & both main Warlord Of Mars titles, enjoy all of them. I also pick up quite a few of the minis related to these.

Can anyone tell me is the Flash Gordon series they do worth picking up?
    Last edited by Super Robo Ape; 03-11-2012 at 02:34 PM.

I think flash Gordon is great. I bought the first 2 and read them a bunch of times, aside from Hitler making an appearence I found the action and story awesome with the art being really amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by HasbroSlayer84 View Post
    I think flash Gordon is great. I bought the first 2 and read them a bunch of times, aside from Hitler making an appearence I found the action and story awesome with the art being really amazing.
    Thanks for the feedback on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Robo Ape View Post
    I don't think of late that Queen Sonja has been as strong, as least as far as the writing is concerned on it, as has Red Sonja. Or maybe I am just finding that part of her life more interesting.

On my pull list though are both Sonja titles, Vampirella & both main Warlord Of Mars titles, enjoy all of them. I also pick up quite a few of the minis related to these.

Can anyone tell me is the Flash Gordon series they do worth picking up?
    It's totally worth picking up, especially since the plot is really easy to get into and the pencils are razor sharp, it just makes for a fun and very quick reading experience. Check it out, you may just like what you see. ;)

I don't know, I just can't get into anything Red Sonja from Dynamite. I much prefer the Genesis books, and the Tarzan, Hornet, Flash gordon titles.

Dynamite no longer has the rights to Buck Rogers. Barrucci, said at C2E2, the owners didn't renew. I expect IDW to get the rights soon, since the member of the family who deals with this stuff if Flint Dille, writer of 80's GI Joe/TF cartoons and the recent TF digital Autonomy series. He's got a relationship with IDW and they have been doing the newspaper strips.

I've been reading quite a bit of Lord of the Jungle, Bionic Man, and Flash Gordon lately via Dynamite, I'm also going to go back and read all the Vampirella stuff they've released and then possibly revisit Warlord of Mars from the beginning once again. I'm tellin' ya, Dynamite Entertainment is quite possibly the best comic book publisher going today and I'm addicted to a good chunk of their stuff, especially the Kirby line of books, and I'm also getting into their pulp stuff such as Green Hornet, The Shadow, and soon.....The Spider!

It doesn't get any love, but I actually like the new Voltron series quite a bit. It has enough quirky ideas added to make the story more interesting than I expected, and it's a property I've always adored. The art can be a little hit or miss at times, with the occasional pointless panel and/or indecipherable fight scene (or entire sequence), and so far it's been a little light on Voltron himself, but I'll stick with it and see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by EMeadow View Post
    Dynamite no longer has the rights to Buck Rogers. Barrucci, said at C2E2, the owners didn't renew.
    I think that quite a few licenses from Dynamite has expired over the years (Highlander, Xena, and Battlestar Galactica come to mind right now).
    I expect IDW to get the rights soon, since the member of the family who deals with this stuff if Flint Dille, writer of 80's GI Joe/TF cartoons and the recent TF digital Autonomy series. He's got a relationship with IDW and they have been doing the newspaper strips.
    I could see IDW releasing collections of the newspaper strips.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

i've been reading Dark Shadows and Lord of the Jungle month to month. really enjoy both of those comics. usually trade wait the Warlord of Mars stuff. oh, and the Last Phantom too. i enjoyed the first issue of The Shadow. i'd kinda forgot about the Flash Gordon series. need to get back into reading that.

I've enjoyed Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist. I read the first two issues of Lord of the Jungle, but didn't continue with it due to budget constraints. I picked up The Shadow yesterday but haven't got to it yet. I'm also looking forward to The Spider.