Page 51 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 2543
  1. #751
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The True North, strong and free!
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Except for Cap, of course.

    Hah! Screw Cap, I'm Team Cyclops!


  2. #752
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Still the most Awesome picture in Comic Book history.


  3. #753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Still the most Awesome picture in Comic Book history.
    Not bad. Like this one, too:

    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

  4. #754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    See that is where We different. Spider- man is a great character but just not the character I looked up to. Superman was always the top of everything for me because he was the ultimate. He stood for a better way and always for doing what is right. I always loved that about the character. The Truth, Justice and I will say The American Way.

    He could stop a meteorite from hitting the earth one second then save a cat in the tree for a little girl the next. He is the unstoppable force of good with the power to take over everything if he wishes but instead he does what he can to help everyone no matter how big or small the problem. When written correctly this is Superman to the max.
    Just out of curiousity, what did you think of All Star Superman?

    Anyway, part of the reason I like Spider-Man is because he has a lot of what your talking about going for him, that commitment to trying to do the right thing, but he has to deal with the ramifications of life to boot. Unlike Superman, Spider-Man's powers often are anything but a boon to him personally. And he overcomes that and does the right thing anyway.

    They're both wonderful characters.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

  5. #755
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Just out of curiousity, what did you think of All Star Superman?

    Anyway, part of the reason I like Spider-Man is because he has a lot of what your talking about going for him, that commitment to trying to do the right thing, but he has to deal with the ramifications of life to boot. Unlike Superman, Spider-Man's powers often are anything but a boon to him personally. And he overcomes that and does the right thing anyway.

    They're both wonderful characters.
    It was good for what it was. I'm very touch and go with Grant Morrison. He does good work like ASS and JLA, then he does things like Batman RIP and Final Crisis that make me want to rip my hair out from the roots.

    But it was good. I being a huge Silver and Bronze age fan and like what he was trying to do but not everything was as it should have been to me.

  6. #756
    King of My World CagedLeo730's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ntikrst View Post
    No it doesn't, all one has to do to "sell out" is to bastardize their characters and properties in order to pander to a new demographic.
    By your argument, DC has sold out on several occasions. Batman has been pimped more than once. Superman has been changed as well. Don't forget dumbing Jay and Alan for Hal and Barry.

    Being Corporate, or being the Man has nothing to do with "selling out". I'm not the biggest Marvel fan, but from what little I read it seems like characters are the same as when I was more familiar with them a few years ago.
    DCnU not so much at all.
    People who've read Marvel for longer would disagree with you.

  7. #757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    People who've read Marvel for longer would disagree with you.
    Yeah, I was outlining a similar thought a little earlier in here. While I certainly don't think I'm representative of Marvel fans, it was the company that primarily got me into comics, and right now, I don't really enjoy the way they are presenting their characters, primarily because they don't seem to be staying true to some of what I saw as being the core concepts of those characters.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

  8. #758
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Yeah, I was outlining a similar thought a little earlier in here. While I certainly don't think I'm representative of Marvel fans, it was the company that primarily got me into comics, and right now, I don't really enjoy the way they are presenting their characters, primarily because they don't seem to be staying true to some of what I saw as being the core concepts of those characters.
    I could say the same for the current take on the DC Characters since I've been strictly a DC reader for over 30 years.

  9. #759
    ACTION! DANGER! ROMANCE! Paul Newell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    5,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelly_warrior_princess View Post
    Um, no offense but isn't that the exact opposite of what the reboot did?
    No. to you and others, but not too everybody. this is the problem I have with your point of view. It boils down to "I don't like it so I must prove it's wrong".

  10. #760
    ACTION! DANGER! ROMANCE! Paul Newell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    5,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelly_warrior_princess View Post
    An yet without knowing what the objective victory conditions needed to call it a success, i think we can pretty much conclude, without ever seeing these conditions, that this fell way short.
    Unless the objective victory conditions was merely to "sell more comics", then it didn't.

  11. #761
    ACTION! DANGER! ROMANCE! Paul Newell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    5,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelly_warrior_princess View Post
    of 17% across all diamond comics for the entire year up till this date. An 2 months ago it was a 30% increase: Clearly a huge drop in all readership. The fact that its still significantly lower then it was in previous years also suggests a failure of the reboot concept to attract a new & lapsed audience. Especially given the still decreasing sales on all DC reboot books.
    I don't see how you can extrapolate the reboot failing based on ALL figues from ALL comic companies without showing how the other companies are doing.

    But I do have an idea for charting DC's progress for this year, I'll share it with you shortly....Just got to get the kids dressed and off to school.

  12. #762
    ACTION! DANGER! ROMANCE! Paul Newell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    5,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    But nowhere as much as they wanted and hope for I'm sure. All they did was add more DC books to the top of a list that has it's highest comic selling in the 150 thousand range. Big wopdy doo...
    So what? An improvement is an improvement no matter what "size" it is. I find it hard to understand just how selling more books = things being worse.

  13. #763
    ACTION! DANGER! ROMANCE! Paul Newell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    5,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    But a true one I think. Sales are only going to drop from here. The freshness is gone.
    "It's true because I predict it".

    And that's what I find wrong with this line of thought. I think it's a success because the facts support that so far. Others think its a failure because they know the future with certainty.

  14. #764
    ACTION! DANGER! ROMANCE! Paul Newell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1996
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    5,382

    Default

    Here we go, comparison time. :)

    DC Sales (Jan-Mar) 2011 - 4,897,816 estimated units.

    DC Sales (Jan-Mar) 2012 - 6,488,030 estimated units.

    I'll update the estimates every month and we'll see how the pendulum swings....This should hopefully give us some idea about the sales trend for 2012.

  15. #765
    Junior Member Sk8maven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    470

    Default

    There is nothing more useless than knowing the answers to the wrong questions.
    Everything I state is JUST MY OPINION. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •