Page 123 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2543
    ACTION! DANGER! ROMANCE! Paul Newell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Hi Saxth/future banned new member.
    Or more likely previously permanently banned member. He's sounding a whole like like Spektre, who wasn't above twisting facts to meet his conclusions.

ACTION! DANGER! ROMANCE! Paul Newell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rough_Diamond View Post
    http://comicsbeat.com/dc-sells-5-mil...em-end-to-end/
    Well, if they "lay them end to end" that means they do not include digital sales, only physical copies. What's more it probably means that DC did not sell more in 2012 than 2011. 26.6m seems too low for the success the New 52 had in 2011. So, I think we are far from seeing the whole story! And I do not see any articles from DC claiming they sold more in 2012. Don't you think they would have used that since so many people are saying that sales of the reboot are going down the toilet now?
    Well, first of all...That's 5 million over six weeks....So a month and a half. And laying end to end is a metaphor, not literal. They don't mention where or what type were sold, though this is at the bottom of the article you linked to:

"“Our digital sales have been better than we could have imagined and we are pleased that these sales are additive to traditional publishing sales in the comic book stores,” said John Rood, Executive Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Business Development."

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newell View Post
    Or more likely previously permanently banned member. He's sounding a whole like like Spektre, who wasn't above twisting facts to meet his conclusions.
    Oh this one has hundreds of banned logins. Lil' unstable.

BANNED

Mr.Newell I am not anybody you have "clashed" with in here before and I really resent your attitude that I am twisting facts: I have used official info provided by DC, you have only used (as you yourself have said in a previous post) data that does not include all the factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newell View Post
    Well, first of all...That's 5 million over six weeks....So a month and a half. And laying end to end is a metaphor, not literal. They don't mention where or what type were sold, though this is at the bottom of the article you linked to:

"“Our digital sales have been better than we could have imagined and we are pleased that these sales are additive to traditional publishing sales in the comic book stores,” said John Rood, Executive Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Business Development."
    When they said "5 million over 6 weeks" they meant the last week of August '11(when JL#1 came out) and the 5-week month of September 2011. They were not talking about a month-and-a-half of sales as you claim, they meant the #1s of New 52 books. The links I posted are from early October 2011 so they could not have included any October numbers. Plus, John Rood's comment looks more like a "our sales are even better than 5m" thing than what you make out of it. And I insist we still did not hear anything from DC about their best year in half a decade.

@billie0918: I do not even know what you are talking about and I could not care less...

So the reboot gave DC a sales bump and they're over the bump now? They're basically back where they started?

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    So the reboot gave DC a sales bump and they're over the bump now? They're basically back where they started?

Carry on.
    True. Although considering the sales trends before the reboot, it looks like DC would be in a much worse place now without the reboot. They continue to trend downward, but the reboot gave them a high point to trend down from, instead of the low point they had before the reboot.

Metal Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    True. Although considering the sales trends before the reboot, it looks like DC would be in a much worse place now without the reboot. They continue to trend downward, but the reboot gave them a high point to trend down from, instead of the low point they had before the reboot.

Metal Woman
    Let's not forget that the same people responsible for that downward trend remain in charge at DC. Expect history to repeat itself.

Let's not forget that the same people responsible for that downward trend remain in charge at DC. Expect history to repeat itself.
    You're blaming specific individuals for sector-wide trends. Or is every newspaper and magazine editor that saw their readership plummet over the last five years also incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Gunner View Post
    You're blaming specific individuals for sector-wide trends. Or is every newspaper and magazine editor that saw their readership plummet over the last five years also incompetent?
    Let's just say that those specific individuals didn't help.

BANNED

Carry on.
    Well, there have been several articles on how sales of the reboot were down to 2010's numbers already back in spring/early summer of 2012:
    http://blog.newsarama.com/2012/06/05...as-the-old-52/
    http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/0...p-data-charts/
    http://comiksdebris.blogspot.gr/2012...-to-month.html

Then DC did the BEFORE WATCHMEN prequels which have sold very well(but they were not part of the New 52 reboot) and the ZERO event(which only lasted a month) and managed to boost sales again. But Wave 2 was not the success DC had hoped for(half of the titles were making cancellation numbers by #4 and BATMAN INC. is selling worse than 2011's pre-New 52 book) and Wave 3 is a total disaster(all books will probably drop below 20k in a couple of months; most are already there at #3). Wave 4 has a JL book which will sell well but it also has VIBE, KATANNA and which THRESHOLD will be lucky to make it past #8. Plus, all the polls concerning DC and the New 52 show a vastly growing displeasure amongst fans about the direction DC has taken. DC's marketing is much more aggressive this past year, what with cancelling low-selling books and replacing them with brand-new ones but that trick is now wearing off: MEN OF WAR was axed and replaced by G.I COMBAT which bombed much worse; BLUE BEETLE was cancelled to make way for AMETHYST which is already selling LESS than BB!!! And from what I hear about their future plans they plan on publishing brand-new versions of KAMANDI, BLUE DEVIL, THE LOSERS, NEW GODS and other books which I doubt will be bought by the limited fan-base of older fans they have(especially those who cherish Jack Kirby); I won't even mention the words "new fans" because the reboot hardly got any...

I know I am saying things that do not sound pleasing to the New 52 fans. But the recent DC moves clearly show that they do not have a long-term plan for the company: the HELLBLAZER comic for instance was selling low but it had a TPB run which was going strong for 2 decades! The new CONSTANTINE book will probably be cancelled by #30 and that will kill its TPB earnings too. Unfortumately it seems that DC people are desperate to prove they can make more money NOW and shoot themselves in the foot in the process...

OK Rough (Saxth, owlwoman, etc, etc, etc) surely DC's five year sales high is music to their ears?..KA-Ching.

As for DCs efforts to broaden their books with lower tier characters, good for them! Sure things like Katana and Vibe may fail (see recent Marvel examples like Gambit, Captain Marvel, Red She Hulk, Defenders for other examples) I applaud the effort.

Obviously things like Trinity War, Sandman, MOS and JLA will bring in massive numbers this year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    OK Rough (Saxth, owlwoman, etc, etc, etc) surely DC's five year sales high is music to their ears?..KA-Ching.

As for DCs efforts to broaden their books with lower tier characters, good for them! Sure things like Katana and Vibe may fail (see recent Marvel examples like Gambit, Captain Marvel, Red She Hulk, Defenders for other examples) I applaud the effort.

Obviously things like Trinity War, Sandman, MOS and JLA will bring in massive numbers this year.
    Sandman will bring in massive numbers??? I choose to ignore you completely from now on, I do not even understand what you are talking about half of the time; what does Staxth mean? Oh plz! Don't bother to answer!

Sandman will bring in massive numbers??? I choose to ignore you completely from now on, I do not even understand what you are talking about half of the time; what does Staxth mean? Oh plz! Don't bother to answer!
    Welcome time-traveler! From which decade you come from? Of course it will have great sales! It's the most celebrated book of the industry!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Welcome time-traveler! From which decade you come from? Of course it will have great sales! It's the most celebrated book of the industry!
    Oh you mean the kind of "great" sales the DREAMHUNTERS had a few years back? I'll even do you the favor of adding an extra 30k!

Oh you mean the kind of "great" sales the DREAMHUNTERS had a few years back? I'll even do you the favor of adding an extra 30k!
    I guess you talk about single issues. But I'm sure it will be a massive hit as a HC and I'm willing to bet that the first issue will sell more than 70k.