Page 1 of 170 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default The DC Numbers/Estimates Mega Thread

I know they're already discussing this on the Marvel boards, but...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/febr...es-charts.html

I'm absolutely gutted that I, Vampire and Frankenstein aren't even in the Top 100, and Demon Knights is close to falling out too.

But quite chuffed by the continued high sales of Justice League Dark, Animal Man and Swamp Thing. The Dark line is surprisingly strong, even taking into account the lower selling Res Man, I Vamp, Franky and Demon Knights. Certainly doing better, I think, than most thought it would, or than any of those titles would have done at Vertigo.

I hope the high critical buzz around them keeps DC publishing them at least until issue 16.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

BANNED

No batwing or deathstroke :(

Deathstroke, Grifter, Hawkman...I'm fine with all of these being canceled.

Batwing was good, not great. I think it'll stay around.

But I'm going to be totally gutted if I, Vampire, Demon Knights and Franky get cancelled any time soon, and will be very disgruntled if Resurrection Man dies a final time.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post

But I'm going to be totally gutted if I, Vampire, Demon Knights and Franky get cancelled any time soon, and will be very disgruntled if Resurrection Man dies a final time.
    That made the top 100 so its looking good

Plus many people are trade waiting
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

BANNED

So begins Ragnorok! Gentlemen it has been a honour serving with you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post

I'm sure resurrection man is on the chopping block. Deathstroke should be fine because of Rob series starting soon. Batwing I'm worried about.

I

This is a very depressing sales chart, IMO. I enjoy both I, Vampire and Frankenstein, so of course they're nowhere to be seen, and both Demon Knights and Legion are closer to falling off the list than I'd like. But at least Animal Man is doing well, I guess....

Looks like the double-shipping worked...so far.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Blue Beetle, Grifter, Legion Lost and Hawkman* are titles I read that failed to make the Top 100. I have been bracing for their cancellation for months now ...

*Yeah, Hawkman is awful so far, but I held out hope that it would improve because I WANT to like it. Heh.

Grifter and Hawkman are both being taken over by Rob Liefeld, so even existing fans of that title will have to re-evaluate (and who knows, perhaps it'll be better..)

For me, those titles were dead as soon as the announcement wa smade, though it was hardly any great loss.

Legion Lost has lost it's creator, so there is some instability there, and I think it's likely to be canceled as well.

People just cant get enough of Batman and Wolverine can they? I cant believe Demon Knights and Franky are so low.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Looks like the double-shipping worked...so far.
    I wonder if dc did the same thing .

I'm not surprised Marvel has the money and units... their sheer output is amazing. Glad to see DC get the top 10 two months in a row, and I'm particularly amused that Aquaman of all heroes is one of those holding the X-Men and Avengers at bay :)

However, with all the A vs X hype, I'm not going to be surprised if DC can't pull it off three months in a row
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    People just cant get enough of Batman and Wolverine can they? I cant believe Demon Knights and Franky are so low.
    Yup. If people wonder why Marvel's taken the stance they have, this is why. Double-shipping and $3.99 put them back in the front for at least one month.

Also, Journey looks like it's slipping down the list and DD looks like it's climbing. I guess you can't win them all. Another important point of note. The Venom event was a minor success for Marvel with numbers holding pretty steady over the four week period, and demonstrates more than anything else on this list how shipping multiple times in the month can skew numbers.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    I'm not surprised Marvel has the money and units... their sheer output is amazing. Glad to see DC get the top 10 two months in a row, and I'm particularly amused that Aquaman of all heroes is one of those holding the X-Men and Avengers at bay :)

However, with all the A vs X hype, I'm not going to be surprised if DC can't pull it off three months in a row
    I'm sure AvX will hit the top 10. Its inevitable. I'm much more sceptical about any other titles from marvel hitting the top ten other than AvX though. We'll see.