Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Elder Member

Default Ultimate Comics: X-Men #9 Preview

Last edited by wyokid; 03-08-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Ummm.... cool art?

What a poor job by Marvel. The little we see looks good, I suppose, but I think they could have chosen at least a BIT more substance for a preview.

Nonetheless, I'm super excited to see Colossus again, and Medina's pencils look great still. I think this Camp Angel stuff has potential to be my favorite part of the story so far.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

BANNED

Meh. The poses don't look natural, they look stiff almost like they are posing; artificial poses. Specially Piotr's with his fingers on the floor. They could at least have given us another page.

On Vacation

damn they are still using 10 year old crap sentinels. give quicksilver 5 seconds he will get through. oh wait he did already. security sucks balls.

Elder Member

Another pointless double page spread (so now we have 18 pages of story) and a very cliche opening.

Also where are Colossus' lines? He had lines when he first appeared then they randomly vanished.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    damn they are still using 10 year old crap sentinels. give quicksilver 5 seconds he will get through. oh wait he did already. security sucks balls.
    It does say in the caption: DAYS AGO. Maybe this flashback is from before the Nimrods got activated, predating Issue #1.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Another pointless double page spread (so now we have 18 pages of story) and a very cliche opening.

Also where are Colossus' lines? He had lines when he first appeared then they randomly vanished.
    Ultimate Colossus doesn't have the lines. This page appeared with lines once before and people complained, a lot!

The preview doesn't show us much but I'm willing to bet that big black line on the bottom of the first 2 pages is FULL of spoiler-iffic text. I see no other reason for such a big black box there.

EDIT: also i don't think the double page spread is pointless. It sets the scene. Also the rusted old sentinels look cool. I always liked that design.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

You might want to check that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    also i don't think the double page spread is pointless. It sets the scene.
    I agree. As long as the rest of the book has substance, a silent spread can be great. Millar's Ultimates started with a full page spread and had at least one two page spread in the middle of the issue. Comics are a visual medium, sometimes you have to let the artist do some work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I agree. As long as the rest of the book has substance, a silent spread can be great. Millar's Ultimates started with a full page spread and had at least one two page spread in the middle of the issue. Comics are a visual medium, sometimes you have to let the artist do some work.
    A scene like that could have been a wide shot single page or even a splash page. Considering the low page count this is pointless. Leaves us with 17 pages of content with decompression to top it off. Ugh. No wonder this is a 2-part story. I could have written this to be a single issue story.

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    A scene like that could have been a wide shot single page or even a splash page. Considering the low page count this is pointless. Leaves us with 17 pages of content with decompression to top it off. Ugh. No wonder this is a 2-part story. I could have written this to be a single issue story.
    Oh, I didn't realize that you had read the rest of the issue.

And the latest issue of Ultimates had two separate silent full page spreads. I didn't see you complaining about the pointlessness of those pages.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    Ultimate Colossus doesn't have the lines. This page appeared with lines once before and people complained, a lot!

The preview doesn't show us much but I'm willing to bet that big black line on the bottom of the first 2 pages is FULL of spoiler-iffic text. I see no other reason for such a big black box there.

EDIT: also i don't think the double page spread is pointless. It sets the scene. Also the rusted old sentinels look cool. I always liked that design.
    There better be, This could easily be done in one panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    You might want to check that again.
    Are these not lines? They look like lines to me :\

BANNED

Those are scratches, not lines. Without the scratches his skin is smooth. Try Ultimate X-Men #18, he has lines in that one.

First off, look at his chest. The rest are clearly just scratches.

Secondly, you obviously didn't bother to flip through the rest of the issue.

Those are bullet scrapes/ explosion scuffs! It's been widely agreed that apart from a few artist mistakes, Ultimate Colossus is smooth skinned.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.