Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Tiptons Assimilate "Doctor Who" & "Star Trek" in IDW Crossover

CBR spoke with writers Scott and David Tipton about "Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who: Assimilation2," the first crossover between the Doctor and the crew of the U.S.S Enterprise.

Full article here.

My nerd brain is imploding. If only this had been a feature film.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

I can't frigging wait for this! I'm hyped! It's too bad the regular Doctor Who ongoing is getting cancelled. At least with this mini, I will still be getting the Doctor in comic book form.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

First the Legion of Super Heroes, now Star Trek TNG...who will The Doctor meet next? Superman? Luke Skywalker? Rip Hunter? Mr. Peabody and Sherman? Dr. Samuel Beckett? The Travellers (or whatever that show was called)? The gang from Time Tunnel? Red Dwarf crew? H G Wells? TOS crew? TOS reboot crew? DS9 crew? XS Enterprise crew? Voyager crew? Battlestar Gallactica (new or old)? The Linear Men? Fantastic Four? Macgyver? Optimus Prime? SG-1? SG-Atlantis? Destiny crew? LEXX crew? Farscape? Babylon 5? The Twilight Zone? Outer Limits? 3rd Rock From the Sun? Thermal Man? Spider-Man? Wonder Woman? Laura Croft? Indiana Jones? Game of Thrones? Walking Dead? Batman? Silver Surfer? Timecop? TMNT? Fringe? Bill&Ted? Hot Tub time machiners? Bruce Willis' character in 12 Monkeys? Neo? League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? Brazilian time travelers? The Simpsons? Futurama? Twin Peaks? X-Files? Supernatural? Freakylinks? Buckaroo Banzai? Mary Poppins? New Gods? Harry Potter? Frodo? Jeeves&Wooster? Sherlock Holmes? House? KITT? Demolition Man? Conan? The Traveler? Mork? Big Bang Theory cast?
    Last edited by dupersuper; 03-09-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

I just can't wait. So geekily excited. I might break my 'buy only 1 cover' rule fo rthis.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

... what all do you need to know about Dr. Who to get into this crossover? I've not seen any of the TV shows/books, etc. what all kind of continuity adjustments are made to merge the two sets of characters? will it be a shared universal history? or totally separate universes?

Let Neil Gaiman introduce you to Doctor Who:

There’s a big blue box. It’s bigger on the inside than the outside. It can go anywhere in space and time, sometimes where it is supposed to go. Something will go wrong, and there’s some bloke called The Doctor who’ll make it all right because he’s awesome. Now sit down, shut up and watch "Blink."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/04/...r-new-viewers/Neil
    "The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker side of the Doctor’s nature. Somewhere between his 12th and final incarnation."

... what all do you need to know about Dr. Who to get into this crossover? I've not seen any of the TV shows/books, etc. what all kind of continuity adjustments are made to merge the two sets of characters? will it be a shared universal history? or totally separate universes?
    The posts on this page might help introduce you to Doctor Who:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...rom-IDW!/page2

I would assume this would be two separate universes interacting since the TARDIS can travel to different universes on occasion. As such, I dont expect any adjustments to merge the two together. Of course, I could be totally wrong, it's just my gut instinct.
    EEEEEEEEEEE! YOU DONT DARE MOCK ME! YOU DONT DARE! EEEEEEEEEEE!

BANNED

Wow, I've waited for this crossover forever.