Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default The Phoenix Rises in New "Avengers vs. X-Men" Covers

Marvel has released three new "AvX" covers including "X-Men Legacy" #268, "Avengers vs. X-Men" #5 and "Secret Avengers" #28. The Phoenix continues rising this June.

Full article here.

BANNED

Everybody comes down with the Phoenix. Jean Grey, what a tramp!

BANNED

So almost the halfway mark and the Avengers are still fighting the x-men and the Phoenix is still coming. That's the best they can come up with 5 issues in. The same as the 1st issue. Yup this is going to be different.

I'm tempted by Secret Avengers mainly because I want to see Remender writer Ms Marvel and even Binary it seems. I think I will have to see a few reviews first to see how if this stands on its own.

I'm nor sure what a Frenzy focused issue has to do with AvX to be honest. This book was dragging so I dropped it until it found it's feet. A Frenzy issue would have dragged me back in but not mid-crossover. I'll pick it up in tpb I guess.

X-Men Legacy gets Rafa Sandoval as the artist? No fair! I wish he were on Secret Avengers.

Sandoval is awesome.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Hold on, I'm confused.

12 issues. 3 4 issue 'acts'. Each act handled by a different artist. Romita on first.

But...issue 5 is still Romita? Is the first act longer than the others? I suppose that would make sense given the comparable speeds of each individual, but still. Are we just going to get like 2 issues of Coipel and 2 issues of Kubert? If so, that's a little bit of a bummer, though not a deal breaker.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

One of the Good Guys maniacmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Hold on, I'm confused.

12 issues. 3 4 issue 'acts'. Each act handled by a different artist. Romita on first.

But...issue 5 is still Romita? Is the first act longer than the others? I suppose that would make sense given the comparable speeds of each individual, but still. Are we just going to get like 2 issues of Coipel and 2 issues of Kubert? If so, that's a little bit of a bummer, though not a deal breaker.
    That was exactly what I was about to say. I really hope this doesn't mean less Coipel.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Hold on, I'm confused.

I noticed it, too. Kinda lame if you ask me. With the even distribution, the change in artists seemed deliberate along with the change in writers. Now, it all just screams "gotta make that deadline."
    $3.99 IS TOO MUCH FOR A COMIC!

BANNED

It'll be fine. I'm really looking forward to all of this. I don't think they are cramming for deadlines, they just wanted to do this one in a different style. I also don't think the covers are telling the whole story, so freaking out that the plot looks the same based on the covers alone is pretty moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by NickFury90 View Post
    Everybody comes down with the Phoenix. Jean Grey, what a tramp!
    Oh, please!

You cad, you!

Like if you'd want her any other way...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    X-Men Legacy gets Rafa Sandoval as the artist? No fair! I wish he were on Secret Avengers.

Sandoval is awesome.
    AGREE! hell screw secret avengers he should be on the first 4-5 issues of the main AVX book instead of bloody John romita jr

BANNED

ok seriously that Jim Cheung cover is freaking amazing, CANT WAIT FOR THE SOLCITATIONS TO COME OUT SO WE CAN GET THE FULL IMAGE IN HD YEAH! stupid gaint back ground covering banner

hmmmm BINARY F@@K YEAH! wonder what alien city that is, probley the kree planet
    Last edited by Movieartman; 03-08-2012 at 11:50 AM.

This makes me think that Wolverine turns traitor to his own kind:

"As for the situation in "X-Men Legacy," events there are more reaction to the larger conflict -- the Avengers send a team to keep an eye on the X-Men and make sure they don't escalate matters by joining the Utopia crew," Gage said, "but they are more watching from outside, like cops at a Mafia wedding. Oh, and don't assume it was Cap who made the decision in all these cases!"
    Really, Logan!? You're gonna have the feds sitting outside of the school to make sure none of your crew defects to help Cyclops and the Utopia team? I hope I'm wrong about this...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This makes me think that Wolverine turns traitor to his own kind:
    Really, Logan!? You're gonna have the feds sitting outside of the school to make sure none of your crew defects to help Cyclops and the Utopia team? I hope I'm wrong about this...
    yeah but the utopia team is WRONG they are wanting a unverse ending entity to come to earth screw them!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    It'll be fine. I'm really looking forward to all of this. I don't think they are cramming for deadlines, they just wanted to do this one in a different style. I also don't think the covers are telling the whole story, so freaking out that the plot looks the same based on the covers alone is pretty moronic.

The war to save the Marvel Universe continues this June as the Avengers go head to head against the X-Men while the all-powerful Phoenix Force hurtles towards Earth!

BANNED

The first five issues are act one, you guys. There's five writers, after all, and they all get a turn.

The structure is 5-3-4, Romita Jr, then three Copiel drawn issues, then four Kubert issues.