Page 75 of 151 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2264
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    How so? Didnt you see DC One Million Superman in there? I think it's pretty obvious that while it's not canon, it doesnt exclude other superheroes.

I mean, did you see any of them in Action? Does that mean Action isnt part of the DCnU?
    While those stories are by Grant Morrison, I'm only talking about All Star Superman. Which unlike One Million and Action Comics, has the freedom of being in its own universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I disagree, I think Superman being in his own universe is pivotal to All Star Superman.
    What about the references to Batman in All-Star Superman?
    Pull list: Aquaman, Batman, Batman Inc, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman Unchained, JLA

Quote Originally Posted by Judge-Dredd View Post
    From a pic of the Fortress:

Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 04-30-2012 at 02:46 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Judge-Dredd View Post
    I think a nod to Batman is different from Superman and Batman getting together to fight bad guys.

But this is exactly what i'm talking about. You can tell any story you want about Superman and in the JL he'll just be there to team up with the others. How would the JL movie affect the individual movies? Or how does Batman being in the same universe affect All-Star Superman, or Wonder Woman affect Knightfall or RIP?

BANNED

I thought Iron Man 2 had a lot of interference in setting up Avengers. It's that kind of thing that would affect individual movies. This is also not directly to the point, but I don't want to see Superman's brain and brawn diminished because he's on the Justice League.

I thought Iron Man 2 had a lot of interference in setting up Avengers. It's that kind of thing that would affect individual movies. This is also not directly to the point, but I don't want to see Superman's brain and brawn diminished because he's on the Justice League.
    I see this mentioned a lot, but I never thought the SHIELD subplot in Iron Man 2 to be THAT intrusive. It didn't overpower the (admittedly, thread-bare) plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    I see this mentioned a lot, but I never thought the SHIELD subplot in Iron Man 2 to be THAT intrusive. It didn't overpower the (admittedly, thread-bare) plot.
    same here...but it's one of those things that falls either way with the fandom
    Support your local roller derby league

But that's kind of a strawman arguement. The Avengers didnt bother Thor, or Cap, or Hulk. So just because they screw up with 1 movie you re rejecting the whole concept?

PS: I really dont think that the Avengers messed up IM2, but that's just my opinion. I mean, Shield was in IM1, and it was in IM2 just to help him with his poisoning. The Avengers were only mentioned at the end.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    But that's kind of a strawman arguement. The Avengers didnt bother Thor, or Cap, or Hulk. So just because they screw up with 1 movie you re rejecting the whole concept?.
    Strawman of what? You asked how being in a shared universe affects the individual movies, and it does.

Yes it can affect the solo movies, and IM2 is proof that this can be done "badly". But surely the other movies show that it can be done without any real affect on the solo movies. There is no reason WB/DCE can't do completely stand alone solo films and limited the shared universe to just post-credit scenes and JL if they wanted to.

You like to use All-Star Superman as an example of completely stand alone. The story does, but it's universe doesn't. Whilst not seen in the story Batman and Robin are mentioned by name so they clearly exist in this universe. The story draws on DC One Million which is linked to JLA and the entire DCU. None of this affects the story being told, it does stand alone, but it does so in a shared universe. This is the best path for WB/DCE to take - not as interconnected as Marvel, it would allow them to have a shared universe without making the solo franchises slaves to it.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Not to mention their animated efforts are still kicking ass 20 years since Batman the animated series.
    Yeah, but super hero cartoons are nothing new. Before Smallville and Heroes, though, there wasn't really a successful live action super hero TV show since the 70s with Wonder Woman and Hulk.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

You may be seeing his brains and brawn diminished by Zack Snyder's helming of the project. I'm already looking forward to washed-out visuals, and 'stylistic' slow motion brawls.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

This summer will give us a better idea of who's got a possible advantage at the box office. The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises are, I think, going to be pretty good indicators of what people are willing to support. The good news, however, is I think both movies will be successful, and lead to continued translations of DC and Marvel properties to film.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

a Justice League movie of truly epic proportions is within the realm of possibility imo... that could give The Avengers a run for it's money.