Page 19 of 151 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    When you talk about the Flash, most people think you are talking about Flash Gordon and start talking about the movie from the 80s. I have a Flash emblem t-shirt and it is very rare that people recognize it for the hero, it is almost always for Flash Gordon.
    The Flash really doesn't have mainstream appeal.

Tons of people have recognized my flash shirt and it is alot more than flash Gordon,Hell the movie flash Gordon was 1980 i don't who you are around that is recognizing in Flash Gordon today.Flash is one of more popular Halloween costumes and gets a couple of pop culture reference as the embodiment of speed.

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy53 View Post
    When I think about how DC would make a Flash film I have a hard time picturing what they would do to make it work. I feel like he would be one of the hardest to make a decent film out of.
    Nah

A. He has easier suit to use than Aquaman,Wonder Woman,Superman

They got it right on 90's tv show,It will be easy to get right in a movie,Flash costume is right up there with spiderman that only get tweaks over the years, one of the best suits if not the best suit in comics

B.He has clean easy origin,He has solid rogue gallery.Flash is not a minefield like Green Lantern,Aquaman or Wonder Woman.No outer space blue aliens,No Atlantis,No Paradise island.Flash movie is way easier to do those movies

C.Speed is one of practical effects that Hollywood has mastered,see Heroes or No Ordinary family.

Flash is the safest bet for successful DC movie,It is least likely movie for them to mess up.Yes i will admit that flash does not have popularity of say Wonder Woman or Superman but that does not matter ,Was Blade popular before his movie? No and Flash has way more of a fan base than blade does, it is fair easier to screw up other characters than flash movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post

Tons of people have recognized my flash shirt and it is alot more than flash Gordon,Hell the movie flash Gordon was 1980 i don't who you are around that is recognizing in Flash Gordon today.Flash is one of more popular Halloween costumes and gets a couple of pop culture reference as the embodiment of speed.

Nah

They got it right on 90's tv show,It will be easy to get right in a movie,Flash costume is right up there with spiderman that only get tweaks over the years, one of the best suits if not the best suit in comics

B.He has clean easy origin,He has solid rogue gallery.Flash is not a minefield like Green Lantern,Aquaman or Wonder Woman.No outer space blue aliens,No Atlantis,No Paradise island.Flash movie is way easier to do those movies

C.Speed is one of practical effects that Hollywood has mastered,see Heroes or No Ordinary family.

Flash is the safest bet for successful DC movie,It is least likely movie for them to mess up.Yes i will admit that flash does not have popularity of say Wonder Woman or Superman but that does not matter ,Was Blade popular before his movie? No and Flash has way more of a fan base than blade does, it is fair easier to screw up other characters than flash movie.
    It's not really Flash himself that I think wouldn't work but more along the lines of what story and villian DC would use to appeal to most people. Flash doesn't exactly have a well known rouges gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post

Nah

Not saying the movie wouldn't bring the character into the mainstream, I am saying that he is in no way as recognizable as Spider-man, Iron Man, Hulk, Superman and Batman, and to a lesser extent, Green Lantern.
    A failed TV show from almost 20 years ago, and a sitcom doesn't disprove that point.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

i don't who you are around that is recognizing in Flash Gordon today.
    Ahem.

Flash Gordon is about as cool as 'cool' gets.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    According to Renner, no, he's not a main character. He's even said he felt like he got lost in the movie.
    Do you have proof for this bold statement? I know Renner has commented on slowing down on Movies in general do to wanting to spend more time with his family but I haven't seen anything on him saying this.

Edit: I just saw your post for the link. My mistake trying to catch up.

That was a reference to his appearance in Thor not the Avengers film. Very misleading there 52.
    Last edited by NamorsTrident; 03-16-2012 at 10:55 AM.

I think until DC/WB have a clear vision on where they want to go with their movies that are not Batman and Superman they will have a hare time keeping up with Marvel who has said Avengers is the end of phase one of their movie plans and Iron man 3 starts phase 2. So DC better think of some fast because Nolan Batman isn't going to be there to keep hem even slightly in the game.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

EVERYONE knows flash is the guy with the red suit who runs really fast. Before all of their movies, he was FAR more well-known than GL, Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.

If you had to pick DC's most famous characters, who are recognised even by non-comicbook readers, its Superman, Batman, WW and Flash.

it really doesn't matter whether the character is well-known or not. probably Cap and Hulk are the most well-know in the Avengers film (before the IM1 came out) but Iron Man and Thor made more money.

Most people don't even remember Flash Gordon anymore, since it's been thirty years since he was last publicly depicted. The Flash has the advantage of being visible the last twenty some years in various media and merchandising. You're bound to find more with the Flash than Flash Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    Do you have proof for this bold statement? I know Renner has commented on slowing down on Movies in general do to wanting to spend more time with his family but I haven't seen anything on him saying this.

Edit: I just saw your post for the link. My mistake trying to catch up.

That was a reference to his appearance in Thor not the Avengers film. Very misleading there 52.
    From the interview:

Renner: "I have no idea what that movie looks like. Zero idea. Most of the time, I have a good idea of how it’s going to turn out because I’ve seen so much of it, but I have no idea. I feel like I might be an extra in it. I’m not sure."

On being one of the Avengers. . . .

Renner: "It’s great. It’s an amazing cast, and I wish I got to do more with them. But, I had fun with the people I did get to work with."

Ultimately, we won't know until we see the movie, but I don't think Widow and Hawkeye are expected to get as much face time as the big four.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyraw View Post
    EVERYONE knows flash is the guy with the red suit who runs really fast. Before all of their movies, he was FAR more well-known than GL, Captain America, Iron Man and Thor.

If you had to pick DC's most famous characters, who are recognised even by non-comicbook readers, its Superman, Batman, WW and Flash.
    And Robin, Aquaman, Batgirl, and Supergirl.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    Most people don't even remember Flash Gordon anymore, since it's been thirty years since he was last publicly depicted. The Flash has the advantage of being visible the last twenty some years in various media and merchandising. You're bound to find more with the Flash than Flash Gordon.
    The short lived 2007 Flash Gordon reboot on SyFy Channel was really pretty cool in my opinion. Eric Johnson was in the role of Flash Gordon.

I will say that DC fans are optimists as to what they think will work. :)
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyraw View Post

Replace Flash with Joker, Robin and Aquaman (and maybe a few other characters).

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy53 View Post
    I have to agree with fifty two on this. Hawkeye will be more known but when people start talking about the avengers I doubt his name will be brought up first.
    That's what I was saying.
    Last edited by Lee-Sensei; 03-16-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Sensei View Post

That's what I was saying.
    Oh my bad then.