Page 14 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    You're selling Iron Man short.
    Even before the movie his visibility got a massive boost from Civil War and the fallout from that.

As a debut film, a film that's more pure sci-fi than superheroes, like Captain America or Thor, was the safest bet to reach not the comics crowd but the mainstream audience.

And those three, plus the Hulk, really are Marvel's biggest properties until such time they regain control of the X-Men and Spider-Man. Which isn't likely to happen any time soon, if ever.
    I guess I cant argue with that. I pretty much knew Iron man was gonna do well before the movie was released and Thor also looked like it was going to pull some bucks too.

They would just have to prove to WB heads that DC entertainment has the chops to make characters outside of Batman/Superman a viable success.

Tje only problem we can concieve right now is how much they are gonna bring in the universe.

So the only problems i can think of contuinity wise is The JSA as you have to figure out the best way of explaining their absence and they are only regarded as legends.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    How exactly is making a film with the biggest character they still have the rights to "taking a chance"? Especially after these characters have proven to be profitable on their own?

Seriously, the biggest risk they're taking is putting the Hulk in it.
    Tying together 5 different movies. Exactly. The Hulk is in it. It' ambitious. When was the last time DC has done something like this. It may work. And it might not. Either way, they're taking a chance. They took a chance with Iron Man. They took a chance with Thor. And they took a chance with Captain America. All were successful.

Pics of Hellicarrier from a japanese or chinese trailer:

Unlike DC who's embarrassed of their origins Marvel's been embracing their ridiculousness whole heartedly. That's why despite any flaws the films have they're still generally good.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Unlike DC who's embarrassed of their origins Marvel's been embracing their ridiculousness whole heartedly. That's why despite any flaws the films have they're still generally good.
    DC's origins were not in a shared universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Pics of Hellicarrier from a japanese or chinese trailer:

I agree alot of People complain about Marvel's movies but they're a lot closer to the source Material than DC. Now DC may never get Justice League because Warner bros can't see Batman or Superman sharing a universe.

And it's not just about the lack of JL. Its that the first time they trully stuck to the source material (since Donner's movies) was with Green Lantern. Nolan's Batman is a grounded take on the character, a version that's almost ashamed to be a comic book character, so he redesigns and reimagines everything. I understand the concept, i like pondering over what would happen if Batman existed in real life, but enough of that. Give me the real deal already.

PS: Have you seen the TDKR toys? I feel sorry for DC. What kind of kid is going to buy a Bane or Catwoman action figure over Avengers ones (Loki and Widow)? Both Bane and CW look horrible!

BHAHAHAHA!

What in the world were they thinking. That looks ridiculous.

i really don't care whether the movies are closer to the source material or not, i only care about how good the movies are. Green Lantern was closest thing WB did but you know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    BHAHAHAHA!

What in the world were they thinking. That looks ridiculous.
    This Halloween, you can dress up like.... glasses-on-head-and-s***ty-domino-mask-woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator jp View Post
    i really don't care whether the movies are closer to the source material or not, i only care about how good the movies are. Green Lantern was closest thing WB did but you know how that turned out.
    Oh absolutely. My point is that Marvel are embracing the fact that they're making comic book movies and going all out with it. To me as fan, that makes it more enjoyable, and more fun, despite my appreciating the craftmanship and care Nolan puts in his Batman. I wish he could have done that without straying so far off, without grounding things to reality, as if that somehow grants his stories more credibility.
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 03-15-2012 at 07:14 AM.

. My point is that Marvel are embracing the fact that they're making comic book movies and going all out with it. To me as fan, that makes it more enjoyable, and more fun, despite my appreciating the craftmanship and care Nolan puts in his Batman. I wish he could have done that without straying so far off, without grounding things to reality, as if that somehow grants his stories more credibility.
    The Avengers and other Marvel shared universe films are much ultimate universe as they are normal marvel universe,The ultimate universe is heavily grounded in reality,The only movie that really broke it was Thor which is sheer miracle comic book movies it mixed crazy comic book concepts with real modern world and worked.

Thor is sign that Aquaman,Wonder Woman,Hawkman and Green Lantern can work as movies but Ultimate universe basically laid out a ground work for fans to accept heroes in a more modern settings basically Ultimates is what Marvel heroes was in Nolan verse just look at hawkeye if you need convincing of that.Thanks to ultimate universe their no backlash over changes with Marvel universe

I think realism should be taken into an account but more over how people dress and how things translate to looking on screen/real life.

So i think they should approach it like YJ or SpecSpidey rather than the Nolan-verse as Young justice and Spec Spidey is made with accepting the comic book aspects but tempering them by figuring out the best way too make it work on screen.

Pretty much YJ has better art than most of the redesigns in the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    The Avengers and other Marvel shared universe films are much ultimate universe as they are normal marvel universe,The ultimate universe is heavily grounded in reality,The only movie that really broke it was Thor which is sheer miracle comic book movies it mixed crazy comic book concepts with real modern world and worked.

Thor is sign that Aquaman,Wonder Woman,Hawkman and Green Lantern can work as movies but Ultimate universe basically laid out a ground work for fans to accept heroes in a more modern settings basically Ultimates is what Marvel heroes was in Nolan verse just look at hawkeye if you need convincing of that.Thanks to ultimate universe their no backlash over changes with Marvel universe
    They use a lot of elements from the Ultimate Universe but i dont think they toned things down too much. We had cosmic cubes, red skull, aliens, gods, other realities, and green monsters running around. We also got a shared universe which is too comicbooky for Nolan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    I think realism should be taken into an account but more over how people dress and how things translate to looking on screen/real life.

So i think they should approach it like YJ or SpecSpidey rather than the Nolan-verse as Young justice and Spec Spidey is made with accepting the comic book aspects but tempering them by figuring out the best way too make it work on screen.

Pretty much YJ has better art than most of the redesigns in the reboot.
    I agree. Some tempering might be needed to translate things on screen and make them work for the general audience, not to the lengths Nolan has gone. It's his take, his vision, and that's fine. But that doesnt mean that they have to go there to make things work. Look at the Spiderman movies for example. Its like the comic book came to life!

i realy don't think Nolan verse is THAT far away from comic Batman. Batman is one of the most verstile character in comics and Nolan took that realistic side and went with it. comics like Gotham Central and Long Halloween shares that tone. there are certain things you can't do in live action movies like wolverine's spandex.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator jp View Post
    i realy don't think Nolan verse is THAT far away from comic Batman. Batman is one of the most verstile character in comics and Nolan took that realistic side and went with it. comics like Gotham Central and Long Halloween shares that tone. there are certain things you can't do in live action movies like wolverine's spandex.
    Actually I think Wolverine's costume could have been adapted to film with out the undies of course.