Page 69 of 151 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2264

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Yeah that works for randoms on the street who in passing know both, but is that really supposed to fool Lois of all people? And Jimmy? Come on.
    what this guy said

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    No one ever figures out Superman's identity, except if it is an important plot point, in any medium. External consistency and grandfather clause (if its been happening since your grandparents were your age, then its all good no matter how stupid. More recent works using the same thing are open to criticism of unrealism).
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    It's a rumor. Granted, I've heard it from sources I trust. But even if it is in the final cut of MOS, we most likely won't see it until the movie is released next year.
    You clearly heard it from an untrusted source. Man of Steel will not be starting a new DC universe, in fact it will be set in it's own universe.

Quote Originally Posted by blinker View Post
    You clearly heard it from an untrusted source. Man of Steel will not be starting a new DC universe, in fact it will be set in it's own universe.
    to be fair, things can change....the movie doesn't come out for another year and WB may change their minds about that

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Yeah that works for randoms on the street who in passing know both, but is that really supposed to fool Lois of all people? And Jimmy? Come on.
    Well, back in the day, Lois found out seemingly every other issue, which resulted in Clark having to pull off ridiculously convoluted, hairbrained (and often just plain cruel) schemes to convince her she was wrong, again.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Maybe superman just has a really really generic face?

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Unlike, say, a universe in whish Thor and Odin exist?
    I don't understand what you're disagreeing with. The Marvel Cinematc Universe is not realistic, nor should it be. I was merely stating Nolan's Bat films are realistic in tone to an extent (absence of magic and aliens), and therefore are obviosly incompatible with JL. However, MOS would not be overly realistic anyway, so they could make it a part of a Shared DCU with JL. Even though Nolan has stated it should not be.
    Pull list: Aquaman, Batman, Batman Inc, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman Unchained, JLA

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    to be fair, things can change....the movie doesn't come out for another year and WB may change their minds about that
    I agree there's more than enough time to shoot a post-credits scene after fully evaluating the success of the Avengers.
    Pull list: Aquaman, Batman, Batman Inc, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman Unchained, JLA

BANNED

The idea with the Superman movie is that everything except for Superman himself is realistic, so they're not going to go JL from there.

then Warner Bros (and DC Entertainment...using the term loosely) can spend the next 4-5 years getting their ass kicked by Marvel and Disney

Exactly.

The official line may still be that MOS is set in it's own universe (this I believe dates back to last summer, when Snyder was asked about Robinov's Justice League comments), but recent rumour is that it could be the start of a shared universe.

WB/DCE still have plenty of time to film an additional scene. Look at how late Avengers was filming new stuff, WB could easily film a post credits scene whilst filming a JL movie and add it in at the last second.

And on the subject of Avengers - wow, just wow! Absolutely awesome film. I still think TDK is a better movie, but Avengers is a heck of a lot more fun. The audience loved it and my wife and I both want to see it again.

I went in pretty much spoiler free (all I knew about was the credits scene, and being a DC guy that didn't really mean anything to me without the film, and wiki, to provide a bit more context) and it was an amazing ride from start to finish. spoilers:
    I still can't believe that Coulson dies :(
    end of spoilers. I wish they'd been able to keep Norton as Hulk, but Ruffalo did a great job and some of his delivery actually reminded me of Norton's in TIH so that was a nice surprise and the sign of a good actor. Though is it just me or does Hulk seem shorter in this movie than in TIH?

Marvel Studios have finished their Phase 1 in incredible style and I can't wait to see the films continue in Phase 2 over the next few years.

WB/DCE really need to step up. Sure TDKR will be incredible, I'm sure it will (like TDK) be a better film than Avengers (but no where near as much fun), but that's the end of a franchise. After MOS they have nothing in the pipeline. Whether they choose to focus on stand alone franchises/trilogies like Nolan's Batman or world build like Avengers, is completely up to them. But they need to decide and actually make plans and follow them. That's been the key to Marvel's success and you can bet that WB have noticed that Avengers has taken about $180 million this weekend from 70% of it's international market before it's even been released in the US. If that's they type of results a good shared universe can get, then you can lay good odds on WB wanting one. Especially if Avengers beats TDKR at the US box office this year.

BANNED

then Warner Bros (and DC Entertainment...using the term loosely) can spend the next 4-5 years getting their ass kicked by Marvel and Disney
    Not really, Warner Bros. has all kinds of other properties to adapt to movies that will serve them just fine. They don't need superheroes and they don't need to follow Marvel's formula to be successful. Maybe in terms of fanboy mouth watering they're losing, but that hardly means much in terms of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Not really, Warner Bros. has all kinds of other properties to adapt to movies that will serve them just fine. They don't need superheroes and they don't need to follow Marvel's formula to be successful. Maybe in terms of fanboy mouth watering they're losing, but that hardly means much in terms of business.
    I agree...but WB hasn't really found the next franchise (like a Harry Potter) to keep them going and their DC properties could be that for them

BANNED

I agree...but WB hasn't really found the next franchise (like a Harry Potter) to keep them going and their DC properties could be that for them
    I don't think you're wrong, but I think it could go either way. On one hand, yeah the success of Avengers could prompt Warner Bros. to counter with DC properties. On the other hand, there is a danger if superhero movies saturate the movie franchise too much. The other thing is that, as it has been mentioned several times now, DC Entertainment may not exist, but there isn't a movie studio. So really DC and Marvel's rivalry only exists in comics, and to some extent animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I don't think you're wrong, but I think it could go either way. On one hand, yeah the success of Avengers could prompt Warner Bros. to counter with DC properties. On the other hand, there is a danger if superhero movies saturate the movie franchise too much. The other thing is that, as it has been mentioned several times now, DC Entertainment may not exist, but there isn't a movie studio. So really DC and Marvel's rivalry only exists in comics, and to some extent animation.
    to most yes, but as both myself and Flashpoint have mentioned...Jeff Robinov, head of WB studios, has publicly stated he wants a JL movie and wants to use DC characters for various film projects, it just looks bad IMO

to most yes, but as both myself and Flashpoint have mentioned...Jeff Robinov, head of WB studios, has publicly stated he wants a JL movie and wants to use DC characters for various film projects, it just looks bad IMO
    Until such tile Robinov chooses to put his money wher his mouth is, it's just talk. They're sitting on a Joss Whedon Wonder Woman script for crying put loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge-Dredd View Post
    I don't understand what you're disagreeing with. The Marvel Cinematc Universe is not realistic, nor should it be. I was merely stating Nolan's Bat films are realistic in tone to an extent (absence of magic and aliens), and therefore are obviosly incompatible with JL. However, MOS would not be overly realistic anyway, so they could make it a part of a Shared DCU with JL. Even though Nolan has stated it should not be.
    Well, I'm just not seeing this realism in Nolan's Batman films. It's still a guy decked out in sci-fi gear, dressed up as a bat, fighting supercriminals. Dark Knight no more realistic than Iron Man.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."