Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK: McGuinness Covers "AvX: Vs." #3

Marvel has provided CBR with an exclusive first look at Ed McGuinness' cover for "AvX: Vs." #3 along with the solicitation text for the issue which features Black Widow taking on Magik and the Thing vs. Colossus.

Full article here.

These fights should be more balanced. regular collosus vs thing would of been fun.

BANNED

Why does Colossus get 2 fights for vs?

Picture Book Liker

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Because, as Collossonaut or Juggerlossus or whatever, he cannot be stopped.
    Currently Reading: Hawkeye, Jupiter's Legacy, Mighty Avengers, Saga, Superior Spider-Man & Superior Foes (Bye: Fearless Defenders & Young Avengers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Fairly obvious. Thing goes down in the first round, Red Hulk steps up as a new challenger. Thing was never in the Juggernaut's league, he's certainly not in Jugolossus/Collosonaut's league either.

Black Widow vs. Magik?
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

BANNED

My least favorite creative teams so far. Yost is fine, but Dodson's action is meh, and on all-action book? Double meh. Loeb is Loeb, and McGuinness didn't really impress me on the action storytelling front recently on X-Sanction.

But I'll probably look at this anyway, and I'm just happy we're getting some kind of solicitation info now.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcombo View Post
    These fights should be more balanced. regular collosus vs thing would of been fun.
    First time poster here. I really don't want sound negative but those two fights look utterly ridiculous.

The Widow Magik fight especially. Magik is a Sorcerer Supreme and a Hell Lord. She can beat Belasco, she imprisoned the Enchantress and a weaker Magik threatend Mephisto in his own realm. She has beat the crap out of the new x-men and Scott needed all of Utopia to contain her in new mutants. She started and ended inferno as the Darkchylde. Illyana fused the earth to limbo. She can time travel, rasie the dead, create life, teleport across dimensions, manipulate time, manipulate matter, she can go astral and intangible and is immortal and god like in Limbo. black heart, hela, dormammu, stannish and mephisto keep an eye out for her powers because they are concerned of her becoming too powerful..

Even at her most depowered state she can simply teleport widow into space or teleport her head off in a blink of an eye. If she isn't out for blood she can simply teleport the window into a jail cell, teleport her gun out of her hand or teleport the bullets out the air ( which she often does) or teleport her demon pets on the battle field.

Black widow is a redhead with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by chisob View Post
    First time poster here. I really don't want sound negative but those two fights look utterly ridiculous.

The Widow Magik fight especially. Magik is a Sorcerer Supreme and a Hell Lord. She can beat Belasco, she imprisoned the Enchantress and a weaker Magik threatend Mephisto in his own realm. She has beat the crap out of the new x-men and Scott needed all of Utopia to contain her in new mutants. She started and ended inferno as the Darkchylde. Illyana fused the earth to limbo. She can time travel, rasie the dead, create life, teleport across dimensions, manipulate time, manipulate matter, she can go astral and intangible and is immortal and god like in Limbo. black heart, hela, dormammu, stannish and mephisto keep an eye out for her powers because they are concerned of her becoming too powerful..

Even at her most depowered state she can simply teleport widow into space or teleport her head off in a blink of an eye. If she isn't out for blood she can simply teleport the window into a jail cell, teleport her gun out of her hand or teleport the bullets out the air ( which she often does) or teleport her demon pets on the battle field.

Great points!

Magik is a favorite of mine. I really would have been interested in a fight with Dr. Strange of even Thor. No offense to Black Widow fans, but if she wins the round I hope the reason is at least halfway plausible.
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

If Widow wins, I will cry.
    Then kill.
    Probably.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

I think people are to quick dismissing Black Widow chances wining this fight.
    Magik is obviusly more powerfull that Black Widow.
    But Black Widow have been around almost since the 60s,gaining several experiences fighting more powerfull opponents.
    So just due the more vast fighting experience Black Widow have i am betting in her to win this round.

And Thing should have no problems with Colossus.

Good to see Dodson and McGuiness being the artist here.
    They are top artist of comics and will be cool to see them just illustrating action packe comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chisob View Post

I mean, I LIKE Black Widow a heck of a lot, but at face value this fight seems pretty damn one-sided.

And welcome to CBR. Enjoy your stay and don't mind Sabrewulf/Stephen Wacker

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I think people are to quick dismissing Black Widow chances wining this fight.
    Magik is obviusly more powerfull that Black Widow.
    But Black Widow have been around almost since the 60s,gaining several experiences fighting more powerfull opponents.
    So just due the more vast fighting experience Black Widow have i am betting in her to win this round.

And Thing should have no problems with Colossus.

Good to see Dodson and McGuiness being the artist here.
    They are top artist of comics and will be cool to see them just illustrating action packe comics.
    The key to this fight -- I am of course referring to the Widow and Magik, is the circumstances by which it occurs.
    My guess is that Thing and Pete go at it and Widow and Magik follow, as Magik tries to assist and Widow tries to prevent said assist.
    Maybe.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

I am going to buy this book for the artwork alone.
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    The key to this fight -- I am of course referring to the Widow and Magik, is the circumstances by which it occurs.
    My guess is that Thing and Pete go at it and Widow and Magik follow, as Magik tries to assist and Widow tries to prevent said assist.
    Maybe.
    I think the more vaster fighting experience of Black Widow could be what giver her the uberhand to win Magik.
    More powers is not always a guarantee to win a fight,and BW being a Avengers for many years she is not a stranger to fighting way more powerfull opponents that her.
    Thus why i dont see this fight as a clear victory to Magik.

Either way this will be a cool fight to read about,and could be one of the best fights featuring BW and Magik.

The Thing and Colossus fight will be more of a classic brawl,and in that i see Thing with more chances wining it.

Good points about Colossus and Magik,them being from the same familly is a good reason why these two apear in this issue of the VS series.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.