Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 86
  1. #16
    Vintage `81 sHayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Keystone
    Posts
    3,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The FPS or the game people actually care about?
    The FPS. Apparently the turn based game is on schedule and is pretty damn good.

  2. #17

    Default

    I saw a video on the turn based and from what little I saw it did look like it comes the closest to reigniting the classic X-com with next gen graphics. A nifty enhancement is telling your guy to snipe an alien and if you get a 'glory shot' where you get a bullets point of view as it blows the head off the alien and other kill shots will give you a special view of the event which is more satisfactory than just watching the little grey guy crumple on the ground like the original.

  3. #18
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadeskies View Post
    I saw a video on the turn based and from what little I saw it did look like it comes the closest to reigniting the classic X-com with next gen graphics. A nifty enhancement is telling your guy to snipe an alien and if you get a 'glory shot' where you get a bullets point of view as it blows the head off the alien and other kill shots will give you a special view of the event which is more satisfactory than just watching the little grey guy crumple on the ground like the original.
    But you gotta catch them all!

  4. #19
    Veteran Member Simbob4000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadeskies View Post
    I saw a video on the turn based and from what little I saw it did look like it comes the closest to reigniting the classic X-com with next gen graphics. A nifty enhancement is telling your guy to snipe an alien and if you get a 'glory shot' where you get a bullets point of view as it blows the head off the alien and other kill shots will give you a special view of the event which is more satisfactory than just watching the little grey guy crumple on the ground like the original.
    Glory shot? That sounds like they thought the term money shot came solely from porn flicks, so then inadvertently came up with a term that sounds like it could only come from a porno.

  5. #20
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Glory shot? That sounds like they thought the term money shot came solely from porn flicks, so then inadvertently came up with a term that sounds like it could only come from a porno.
    The idea of children bragging about their glory shots is hilarious.

  6. #21
    Vintage `81 sHayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Keystone
    Posts
    3,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The idea of children bragging about their glory shots is hilarious.
    Today's children do not have the patience or mental stamina for a turn based shooter. Now, hearing some fat mouth breather talk about his glory shot...that one time...on vacation in Tennessee..

  7. #22

    Default

    Yeah I thought the same thing when I heard the producers use the term in the video interview where they were showing off the game, it was a fight scene at a gas station. I hope they change the name of 'Glory shot' but its not a game killer.

  8. #23
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sHayden View Post
    Today's children do not have the patience or mental stamina for a turn based shooter. Now, hearing some fat mouth breather talk about his glory shot...that one time...on vacation in Tennessee..
    Thats good then, i hate playing games with 13 year olds.
    Not because they call me homo all the time, but because they are better than me.

  9. #24
    Fists of God Chou Blaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    14,266

    Default

    I just saw some of it on Youtube. Damn it is looking good. Also excited how some of the things have turned out.

    - Your Agents can get*Super Powers*
    - Predator style cloaking.
    - The Flight suit.

  10. #25
    Veteran Member Simbob4000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,962

    Default


  11. #26
    Veteran Member Simbob4000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,962

    Default

    double post
    Last edited by Simbob4000; 06-15-2012 at 02:31 PM.

  12. #27
    That one guy. Serik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Where the Highway Ends and the Desert Breaks
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The idea of children bragging about their glory shots is hilarious.
    Better than children bragging about visiting the Glory Hole :O (Which is what a giant drain on Whiskeytown Lake is called...my parents and I stopped there on a road trip years ago.)

    Anyway, this game looks awesome. How can anyone think turn-based games are boring? Show them Frozen Synapse FFS!
    "Everybody, sooner or later, sits down to a banquet of consequences." - Robert Louis Stevenson

  13. #28
    Vintage `81 sHayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Keystone
    Posts
    3,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serik View Post

    Anyway, this game looks awesome. How can anyone think turn-based games are boring? Show them Frozen Synapse FFS!
    The flood of people with short attention spans. I like turn based combat. Then again I'm not really ever in a hurry.

  14. #29
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,995

    Default

    I can't remember the last time i played a turn based game come to think of it.
    When i started playing pc games, RTS had officialy taken over...Civilization 5 maybe was the last one.

  15. #30
    Veteran Member Simbob4000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I can't remember the last time i played a turn based game come to think of it.
    When i started playing pc games, RTS had officialy taken over...Civilization 5 maybe was the last one.
    I think the last one I played was Civilization Revolution and a demo to Operation Darkness, before that it was just replaying old Heroes of Might and Magic.

    But I've been dying for a new turn based game, it would be nice if this game got Bethesda (or ZeniMax Media) to let someone make a turn based Fallout.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •