Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61
  1. #31
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CopyNinja89 View Post
    People, People! Calm down. It's never going to perfect the first day. Let them work out the kinks and bugs. If you find bugs, have problem to navigate and find what you want. Submit it through the feedback function. If you have concrete examples to how things can improve then explain them. You can use simple mock-ups to show what you mean. And be polite about it. Ranting is not going to change anything.

    I like the new site overall. A little to much focus on tv and movie. Resulting in a pretty shallow browsing function for the comics and graphic novels. The search function has some problems as well. Though I like the new site overall.
    If there's no message board, there's no point. I removed my bookmark, I'll probably never visit it again.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    I've already commented using their feedback function, though as there's no "submit" button AFTER you enter text there's no way to see if it actually went through.

    As with others, my main complaint with the new site, over and above the fact it is far too cluttered and busy, is that I can't find the solicits for any given week. My second and related issue, is that I'm 48 and the on-sale dates are listed in print that's so faint that I can barely see it, let alone read it.

    Some issues may be the result of functionality not being implemented yet, but others seem to be the result of what I consider a poor design.

    I really want to be able to see what books are available in a given week of my choosing - and preferably in a list rather than in thumbnails so they can get all the books on the screen at once.
    So, you wouldn't say that the sight showed Intelligent Design then?

  3. #33
    ... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wentworth Hall, Tellus
    Posts
    2,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzy Pretzelpants View Post
    So, you wouldn't say that the sight showed Intelligent Design then?
    I'd say it showed elements of being designed by someone who supported Intelligent Design.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

    There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.

  4. #34
    Veteran Member Dr. Hurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,540

    Default

    Guys i really need your help. The new site is confusing and i'm really struggling to find anything. Can you help me find:

    1) Previews.
    They used to be on DC Source (DC's blog). I go where it says "blog" and i cant find any previews anymore. They arent in "comics" either.

    2) A list of each Wednesday's comics.
    I go to "comics", press "on sale date" and some random comics appear. They used to have every wednesday of the month and you'd click and expand it and see what was coming out each week, what to expect for the next one, etc.

    3) Future issues.
    Say i like Batman. I find the book, and it only has the issues up to the current one, when they used to have at least 2-3 future ones to whet our appetites with solicits and covers. Now there's nothing.


    So please, if you have any solution or answer to my issues i'd really appreciate it. I'm pretty tech savvy, but this site is just bonkers!

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    I'd say it showed elements of being designed by someone who supported Intelligent Design.
    lololololol
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

    make mine DC, thanks

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    I'd say it showed elements of being designed by someone who supported Intelligent Design.
    Well, you know, the likelihood that a site could just randomly be assembled from disparate elements is pretty unlikely. However if god is in the details, it sure seems like he had nothing to do with the new DC site.

  7. #37
    ... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wentworth Hall, Tellus
    Posts
    2,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Guys i really need your help. The new site is confusing and i'm really struggling to find anything. Can you help me find:

    1) Previews.
    They used to be on DC Source (DC's blog). I go where it says "blog" and i cant find any previews anymore. They arent in "comics" either.

    2) A list of each Wednesday's comics.
    I go to "comics", press "on sale date" and some random comics appear. They used to have every wednesday of the month and you'd click and expand it and see what was coming out each week, what to expect for the next one, etc.

    3) Future issues.
    Say i like Batman. I find the book, and it only has the issues up to the current one, when they used to have at least 2-3 future ones to whet our appetites with solicits and covers. Now there's nothing.


    So please, if you have any solution or answer to my issues i'd really appreciate it. I'm pretty tech savvy, but this site is just bonkers!
    I think the problem is that they had a visual style in mind and wanted to get that up before they bothered with functionality. I think that approach is completely backwards, but that's me.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

    There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.

  8. #38
    Veteran Member Dr. Hurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    I think the problem is that they had a visual style in mind and wanted to get that up before they bothered with functionality. I think that approach is completely backwards, but that's me.
    I know right? You think they'll improve it?

  9. #39
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,544

    Default

    i feel a lil better about the site today,you can comment on the character page or the actual comic itself page.

    i found this weeks comic list easy,i think of you use facebook with the website its easier to use.

    btw you press enter to post a comment on the pages,it doesnt have a submit button.

    i do wish they had a character bio for at the very least every character who has their own book.
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

  10. #40
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13,772

    Default

    It's all jumbled together , I miss the old dc blog. :(

  11. #41
    Veteran Member Dr. Hurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,540

    Default

    Gotta say though, i like the new DC symbol. It looks modern and cool, both on the site and the covers. It has an Apple app thing about it.

  12. #42
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,544

    Default

    ok what i would do is add more character bio pages,fix the comic date look up thing they got,it doesnt work now,just gives you more jumbled books,and get rid of the Fan page,what is the point of this,nothing is on it that isnt on the front page.

    i like that you can comment on the blog,the comic page,and the character page,and thats what ive seen so far.

    but really get a facebook page,and this will be a lot better.
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    i was just on it,i cant believe they did this to themselves,why?
    With to removal of the message board-it smells like they are trying to censor fans. Shut up fans who actually have issues with their books. So when a book doesn't sell they can scream no one wants to read about the character instead of realizing that SOME books struggle because of WHO was writing/drawing it like we saw with Static. Or allowing a writer to explain what was done on a book in relation to whatever big event was going (McDuffie's JLA). Or for fans screaming for the return of Ted Kord, Donna Troy, Wally West and the stop butchering certain teams (Titans).

    I wold rather have fans express their reasons (good or bad) as to why they aren't buying a book on my company page. So I know what to try to fix.

    Because what good is having a comment page on character pages? Are you going to do that for EVERY DC guy? ANd you open yourself up to abuse if certain ones are missing especially ones of color and/or sexual orientation.

  14. #44

    Default

    I like the site I just wish they'd make it easier to find the solicits. And when you do find them that calendar thing you choose a week and then it shows the weeks in that month backwards. Wha?
    I wasn't crazy about that collapsing menu on the old site with the solicits, but the way the new site handles the solicits is no improvement. A lot of people go to the site to strictly find solicits - they should make it easy and have a link up top "Solicitations", cause when you enter the site first you have to click on "Comics" (which makes sense) but then when you get to that page where are the solicits?... you have to scroll down!? And odd that the Character bios don't feature the characters in their new 52 costumes? Hopefully DC catches on to the fan's feedback and improve things post-Beta.
    Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
    - Marcus Aurelius

  15. #45
    ... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wentworth Hall, Tellus
    Posts
    2,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    i feel a lil better about the site today,you can comment on the character page or the actual comic itself page.

    i found this weeks comic list easy,i think of you use facebook with the website its easier to use.

    btw you press enter to post a comment on the pages,it doesnt have a submit button.


    i do wish they had a character bio for at the very least every character who has their own book.
    So, for those of us who were unable to find it, how do you find any given week's comics?
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

    There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •