Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

How skippable are the two Assassins Creed 2 sequels? I got started in Brotherhood, but it just didn't seem to work on any level at all for me and I got bored after 5-6 hours.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I think the II sequels finished up the Ezio's story. Ezio's story might be skippable, but there are major developments with Desmond's story in the sequels.

Gameplay trailer was ok. I like what I see, but the music and self narration was pretty bland
    "Criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot." - Dick Grayson
    "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." - Damian Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    How skippable are the two Assassins Creed 2 sequels? I got started in Brotherhood, but it just didn't seem to work on any level at all for me and I got bored after 5-6 hours.
    I'd say brotherhood is pretty skip-able, but you should play revelations Revelations. It just wraps up everything for the past Assasins and sets up for 3.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

For those who need to catch up and have a game worthy computer,
    Steam has an Assassin's Creed sale going right now. All the games and add ons can be purchased for a very low price:

Edit: sale over
    Last edited by Mike Pothier; 05-22-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

Bought AC:Revelations for 30 bucks after Christmas. Played maybe 20 minutes. I think I'm just burnt out on this series. :/
    “When ambition ends, happiness begins.” Thomas Merton

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnid View Post
    I'd say brotherhood is pretty skip-able, but you should play revelations Revelations. It just wraps up everything for the past Assasins and sets up for 3.
    I liked Revalations a lot more than I expected to....the change in setting, Constantinople, really helped
    Support your local roller derby league

anyone here of the vita version

were its a black french woman as the main character in new orleans

Quote Originally Posted by IamtheRock3 View Post
    anyone here of the vita version

were its a black french woman as the main character in new orleans

Yeah, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation.

the suits don't make sense on an assassin's stand point because only altair's suit blended into his environments. during altair's time the people had clothing that could match altair's wear in crowds that he could use to evade from pursuers. ezio stood out a bit more and considering the more vibrant apparel the people had in the environment connor's story will be taking place in he wouldn't have as easy of a time blending in. it only appeared to blend into natural environment during the snowy season. seeing the AC3: Liberation i would suspect the female protagonist would realistically blend better into civil environments than connor would.

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by stpewnaut View Post
    the suits don't make sense on an assassin's stand point because only altair's suit blended into his environments. during altair's time the people had clothing that could match altair's wear in crowds that he could use to evade from pursuers. ezio stood out a bit more and considering the more vibrant apparel the people had in the environment connor's story will be taking place in he wouldn't have as easy of a time blending in. it only appeared to blend into natural environment during the snowy season. seeing the AC3: Liberation i would suspect the female protagonist would realistically blend better into civil environments than connor would.
    If you watch the video a few posts up, you see Connor wearing clothes that fit his era. So I suspect you would will have outfits plus control of color schemes much like ACII.
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

Gotta say E3 did a lot to make me excited for this game, looks like it'll be as much a step forward over the AC2 setup as 2 was to the original.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Gotta say E3 did a lot to make me excited for this game, looks like it'll be as much a step forward over the AC2 setup as 2 was to the original.
    I agree. This game is looking better and better the more I see of it.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

I liked Revelations well enough, but this one really perked my interest back up for the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Because the discussion is happening in the Assassin's Creed thread.
    Each game could still support its own thread

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    I forced my way through the first Assassin Creed game....it wasn't a bad game, but very flawed.

But starting from II? AWESOME
    I'm with you there, the first game is mediocre imo, and highly overrated, but I love 2 & Brotherhood
    For certain circumstances I was unable to proceed with Revelations, hopefully I'll resume it soon

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    What made it boring after a while? Gameplay evolved notably after ACII
    For the story you may find Desmond's parts on their own from those two games

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pothier View Post
    For those who need to catch up and have a game worthy computer,
    Steam has an Assassin's Creed sale going right now. All the games and add ons can be purchased for a very low price:

Edit: sale over
    If I knew about it and it was free like Killing Floor I'd get it
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity