Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

I like him, you get more of his full life as opposed to just a segment with Altair and Ezio...though I never really liked Altair all that much, loved Ezio, and I like Connor well enough

this is a small complaint but I much preferred the Animus database in AC2 and Brotherhood as it had a chart with all the people you were going after and Sean narrated the important parts...this one is pretty stripped down, much like the first game
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    So how do people feel about connor as a character?
    Like or dislike/ wHy or Why not?
    Connor feels a bit bland. There are some moments when his voice acting makes him more wooden than Keanu Reeves. I do like Achilles though.
    Last edited by sHayden; 11-12-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    So how do people feel about connor as a character?
    Like or dislike/ wHy or Why not?
    While I don't dislike him, i think he has several flaws in the way he's written.

My main complain is that he feel too much like Altair in ACI, he's either stoic or angry (Altair eventually manages to develop into a wiser persona), I think a lot of time when Connor iss angry he come off as kind of self-righteous more than anything. While they developpers said they wanted him to have a black/white world view, Connor world view is very ill define so its hard to know what is his philosophy.

One thing I kind of find weird is that Connor feel much more connected to his tribe and the Homestead than he does even to the assassins. It feel more like he uses the assassin order to reach his goal than he really does care about the conflict Asssasin vs Templar. People he hates just happen to be templar, he doesn't care for either party agenda and constantly berate Achiles.
    Last edited by Redem; 11-14-2012 at 09:20 AM.
    Has to remember his suggestion for the traitor game

#17! RED/MRF/NKA/AMD/RZL/SHP/RHN/MIB/VF/ALC/ NWG/MN/HW

can you crack the code?

Quote Originally Posted by Redem View Post
    While I don't dislike him, i think he has several flaws in the way he's written.

My main complain is that he feel too much like Altair in ACI, he's either stoic or angry (Altair eventually manages to develop into a wiser persona), I think a lot of time when Connor iss angry he come off as kind of self-righteous more than anything. While they developpers said they wanted him to have a black/white world view, Connor world view is very ill define so its hard to know what is his philosophy.

One thing I kind of find weird is that Connor feel much more connected to his tribe and the Homestead than he does even to the assassins. It feel more like he uses the assassin order to reach his goal than he really does care about the conflict Asssasin vs Templar. People he hates just happen to be templar, he doesn't care for either party agenda and constantly berate Achiles.
    I actually liked that...it presents a bit of a different spin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I know I'm responding to a banned poster but whatever
    No worries, I'm actually getting the banned back together...

Question, I bought 2 of the uniforms at a general store but can't figure out how to put them on. I went to the basement in the homestead and my only options are the uniform I got with the code when I purchased the game and my traditional assassin's uni. Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I actually liked that...it presents a bit of a different spin
    Well I like when he's interacting with his tribes and the homestead villagers, but whenever they need him to rage on something you never really get why he think like that, I just think he could really have used a more elaborate outlook than just being protective of the people around him.
    Has to remember his suggestion for the traitor game

#17! RED/MRF/NKA/AMD/RZL/SHP/RHN/MIB/VF/ALC/ NWG/MN/HW

can you crack the code?

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

anyone else think this game is the worst of the main series so far, gameplay wise?

The parkour is as unpredictable as ever, enemy AI for recognition is broken, and some of the bigger redcoats take 20 stabs and throat slashes before they die. The more I play, the less I want to play. I'd rather just watch someone else play.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    anyone else think this game is the worst of the main series so far, gameplay wise?

The parkour is as unpredictable as ever, enemy AI for recognition is broken, and some of the bigger redcoats take 20 stabs and throat slashes before they die. The more I play, the less I want to play. I'd rather just watch someone else play.
    I'm in the middle on this one and want to finish the main quest before I give my final weigh in. You are correct though, the parkour system can get REALLY bad. The enemies..well...sometimes I wished I had a semi-auto instead of that flintlock.

BANNED

What system are your guys playing on? I'm on ps3, and personally I think the parkour is more seamless than ever. The combat is highly improved over previous games-- the parry and break defense moves are fantastic, and I have never had to stab anyone 20 times for them to die.

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    What system are your guys playing on? I'm on ps3, and personally I think the parkour is more seamless than ever. The combat is highly improved over previous games-- the parry and break defense moves are fantastic, and I have never had to stab anyone 20 times for them to die.
    the control is a bit dodgy, but it always has been for this series..combat is a lot better though

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post

Yes, a word to the wise. Do not finish the main quest and story before doing side missions or youll be too pissed off to play more. I finished it and have not once gone back, I never found myself liking Connor, there was no connection for me, unlike the one I had with Ezio. Not to mention there was really no epic ending story mission like AC2 and Brotherhood where you infiltrate the vatican and then in BH fight your way up an entire hillside to kill one man. Come on Ubisoft!

Quote Originally Posted by Volderon View Post
    Yes, a word to the wise. Do not finish the main quest and story before doing side missions or youll be too pissed off to play more. I finished it and have not once gone back, I never found myself liking Connor, there was no connection for me, unlike the one I had with Ezio. Not to mention there was really no epic ending story mission like AC2 and Brotherhood where you infiltrate the vatican and then in BH fight your way up an entire hillside to kill one man. Come on Ubisoft!
    I'm done with this game. I felt very let down come the end. I'm still waiting for Beyond Good & Evil II over flim flam like this?!