Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 103
  1. #76
    Vintage `81 sHayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Keystone
    Posts
    3,604

    Default

    It may be just me, it may just be the voice acting but I don't feel hate/desire for revenge from Connor like I did from Ezio in ACII.

  2. #77
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/...-corey-may/#/0

    Unlike previous Assassin Altaïr, who was motivated by his desire to restore his honor, and Ezio, who was motivated by revenge, Connor is motivated by a desire to “just do good in the world,” May said.
    spoilers:
    So they burn down his village and kill his mother, but he's not motivated by revenge? What's the point of the scene where he asks Charles Lee his name then?
    end of spoilers

  3. #78
    Senior Member Chris S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,965

    Default

    This game is drastically different then the previous AC games. It took me about 4 or 5 hours to really start enjoying it. The mechanics and changes really frustrated me. I also felt like they made it very linear. Then all of a sudden I started playing as Conner. The game really gets interesting at that point.

    Impressions so for:

    1) This is a big step back in game play. The controls aren't nearly as fluid. They seemed to have stream lined it, and I just don't think this is a game that needed streamlining. Things seem to have gotten better as I've gotten used to it, but it still has a weird feel to it.

    2) The story is outstanding. That is really what is keeping me going right now. The twists and turns really make it worth it.

    With Halo 4 coming out today, this game is going to go on the back burner for a little bit. I hate when they release games I'm excited about so close together.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

    Come join the club!

  4. #79
    Senior Member ceroxide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth NOW
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    okay quick question

    I liked AssCreed 2 and loved Brotherhood, but then I hated and Revelations
    so based on that how does AssCreed 3 compare to Brotherhood?

  5. #80
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    okay quick question

    I liked AssCreed 2 and loved Brotherhood, but then I hated and Revelations
    so based on that how does AssCreed 3 compare to Brotherhood?
    different story, different flow of gameplay
    Support your local roller derby league

  6. #81
    pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sHayden View Post
    It may be just me, it may just be the voice acting but I don't feel hate/desire for revenge from Connor like I did from Ezio in ACII.
    See, I have a stronger sense for revenge playing as Connor than I ever did playing as Ezio. But that may be b/c I'm part Native American. And never really felt attachment to Ezio anyway.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

  7. #82
    Soul Gem Resident adam_warlock_2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    See, I have a stronger sense for revenge playing as Connor than I ever did playing as Ezio. But that may be b/c I'm part Native American. And never really felt attachment to Ezio anyway.
    I'm just now playing AC and haven't finished it yet, but I find a connection to Allitar with this game because he seeks the truth beyond what he is told it is. Raised in an religious cult and taught not to question what is right and wrong beyond what I was told, this man's quest within his belief structure to expose and/or learn something different speaks to me. It reinforces what I have already learned and the quest I have already gone through. The truth isn't always what you are told it is. And what was done for your good wasn't always done for your good.
    "To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
    "You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)

  8. #83
    Not my job to care Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    7,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/...-corey-may/#/0

    spoilers:
    So they burn down his village and kill his mother, but he's not motivated by revenge? What's the point of the scene where he asks Charles Lee his name then?
    end of spoilers
    I know I'm responding to a banned poster but whatever
    spoilers:
    Actually if you'd paid attention(or knew your US History) You'd know that Washington was the one who burned down his village. Latter half of the game Conner finds out, and instead of turning on Washington and the Patriots continues the course because by that time its not about revenge, its about the cause, hence why when he finally did track him down and Lee demanded to know why he kept fighting his response was "because if I don't who else will?!"

    One of the major parts of the story is Achilles helping him find his way and purpose, as a surrogate father/son relationship.
    end of spoilers

    I also feel that outdoor free running away from alleys and buildings was implemented very well.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-09-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

  9. #84
    pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adam_warlock_2099 View Post
    I'm just now playing AC and haven't finished it yet, but I find a connection to Allitar with this game because he seeks the truth beyond what he is told it is. Raised in an religious cult and taught not to question what is right and wrong beyond what I was told, this man's quest within his belief structure to expose and/or learn something different speaks to me. It reinforces what I have already learned and the quest I have already gone through. The truth isn't always what you are told it is. And what was done for your good wasn't always done for your good.
    Yeah, I definitely like Altair. He's probably my favorite main Assassin protagonist. For all those reasons you listed.

    As for the game, I'm beginning to really dislike the new parkour controls. I haven't played Brotherhood or Revelations, so these are new to me, but the leaning over edges when you just want to jump down, some minor button swapping, the architecture causing you to jump on platforms you don't want to (really frustrating when chasing almanac pages), etc can be annoying. But as others have said, the story really carries this game. I find it easy to forgive its faults as I want to play non-stop just to see what happens next.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

  10. #85
    Vintage `81 sHayden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Keystone
    Posts
    3,604

    Default

    Started a homesteader mission. I ramble all over the map to fulfill the objectives, and when I get back to talk to him and finish the mission...he's in his outhouse! So I had to quit the mission to let me go to other locations and do other things. ARGHHH!

  11. #86
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Yeah, I definitely like Altair. He's probably my favorite main Assassin protagonist. For all those reasons you listed.

    As for the game, I'm beginning to really dislike the new parkour controls. I haven't played Brotherhood or Revelations, so these are new to me, but the leaning over edges when you just want to jump down, some minor button swapping, the architecture causing you to jump on platforms you don't want to (really frustrating when chasing almanac pages), etc can be annoying. But as others have said, the story really carries this game. I find it easy to forgive its faults as I want to play non-stop just to see what happens next.
    see...I always thought Altair was kind of a d**k....I liked Ezio probably the most, but Im a big fan of the AC2 series because of the surroundings
    Support your local roller derby league

  12. #87
    The sole NW/WW shipper Redem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,779

    Default

    Anyone really hates the full synch objective? the number of mission were they pesters me seem higher than ever and they kinda ruin the narrative flow because they make you repeat sequence over and over again destroying whatever emotions they were trying to convey

    George Washington has the worst body guard ever
    Has to remember his suggestion for the traitor game

    #17! RED/MRF/NKA/AMD/RZL/SHP/RHN/MIB/VF/ALC/ NWG/MN/HW

    can you crack the code?

  13. #88
    Marquis de carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Belgium.
    Posts
    31,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redem View Post
    Anyone really hates the full synch objective?
    Oh, this again... You'd expect they'd have gotten rid of it by now? Is there really anybody at all who likes this 'feature'?

    Thank you for informing me not to waste my money on this.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

  14. #89
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Oh, this again... You'd expect they'd have gotten rid of it by now? Is there really anybody at all who likes this 'feature'?

    Thank you for informing me not to waste my money on this.
    I like them....you don't have to do them, but they are still there

    some of them I can do right off, some of them I try a few times, if I get it great...if not no big deal

    but hardly a dealbreaker
    Support your local roller derby league

  15. #90
    A member of the X-men Zak213's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ny, Ny
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    So how do people feel about connor as a character?
    Like or dislike/ wHy or Why not?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •