Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

I only got a play for a couple hours last night, so I haven't even really gotten to the "good stuff" yet, but so far it's wicked fun! Might have steal some of the kids' candy and stay up late for a sugar-high-induced game session tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    I haven't played a single AC game, but the few things I've seen of AC3, the more I'm interested. It seems like a very cool game.
    You should consider at least playing ACII to get a good idea of the franchise
    Has to remember his suggestion for the traitor game

#17! RED/MRF/NKA/AMD/RZL/SHP/RHN/MIB/VF/ALC/ NWG/MN/HW

can you crack the code?

BANNED

eh, just read the wiki

Ok I'm in a bit of a bind here.. On single-player:

I've done the part where you dress up in the red suits in the beginning and then you kill the general leader after you free the slaves. I've done all of that, but now the map shows nothing for me to do. I've went to all of the viewpoints listed on the map and nothing is coming up. Is there something I am missing? Going to the tavern isn't showing me anything to do other than playing games with people.
    Keep Moving Forward.

SHSO ID: Shadow Cool Librarian
    XBox Live: StaringPandora6

BANNED

Hm. You should take you directly to the next sequence. Did you free all three slaves? After you kill the general and go to the next sequence (it is a few weeks time jump), and you are supposed to leave the city gates and go into the frontier.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-3/Walkthrough
    Last edited by jediracer; 11-02-2012 at 06:20 AM.

God, I could do these naval missions forever, seriously love this minigame.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

I just beat the game.

spoilers:
    Well, that was a depressing game. It's not a happy ending for any of the main characters. Apparently, there's a lot of fan rage over how it all ended. People are saying it's Mass Effect 3 all over again. It turns out that Desmonds entire bloodline was manipulated by Juno into fulfilling her master plan of being unleashed on the world. Altiar, Ezio, Connor, and Desmond were her puppets the entire time. The second she was released, Desmond was killed. Desmond never even got to reproduce. His bloodline was just cut off. She stops the end of the world, only so she can enslave humanity. Turns out she was the big bad guy of her civilization.

I liked the ending, but I was hoping Desmond would end it all a bit happier. Instead, he had a sad and crappy death filled life just like all his other assassin ancestors and every assassin they they knew. On top of that, he managed to live about half as long as his ancestors. It's like anyone who chooses the Assassin life completely screws over their lives and the lives of their entire bloodline.

It seems like the Templar's lead more enjoyable lives, and the majority of them probably get to live their entire lives in prosperous conditions. Hatham got killed by Connor, but his life leading up to that seemed enjoyable and fulfilling. If not for Connor, his plan would have been realized and everything would have been gravy. Connor, on the other hand, got screwed at every turn of his journey. Everyone he cared about ended up dead. His entire mission to save his people failed, and they all got killed or took part in the Trail of Tears. It feels like Juno absolutely screwed him.

It's weird that you can still play him after Desmond is dead. There's someone talking to whoever is controlling Connor explaining a series of steps they are taking to calibrate the Animus. I'm guessing it's whoever is operating the animus controls. This all confirms that there will be a sequel. There's a god roaming the earth looking to enslave humanity and the Templar's are still going strong. Connor is still relatively young at the end of the game. On top of that, Juno told Connor that he had accomplished great things, and that he will again. That pretty much confirms that Connor isn't done (I'm guessing his story will be continued in Assassins Creed: Brotherhood style side games).

Also, there were cool little comments throughout the game hinting at sequels. Shawn talked to Desmond about experimenting with the Animus after this whole end of the world ordeal was done. He said he wanted to try going back 80,000 years+ to the era of the first civilization. Desmond told him that it sounded good. I'm guessing that's going to be Assassins Creed 4. They will probably go through this prior society in an effort to find a way to stop Juno
    end of spoilers
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

BANNED

Sorry, not gonna reading any of that (right now), but I'm just curious how many hours it took you, and does that take into account any side missions or mini games you did along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    Sorry, not gonna reading any of that (right now), but I'm just curious how many hours it took you, and does that take into account any side missions or mini games you did along the way.
    Ive been playing for a bit and it definitely seems a bit more of an intimate story than the previous games, I like it so far
    Support your local roller derby league

I didn't read that big spoiler, but it says Assassin's Creed in the title, so I'm expecting things to go badly for the 'good' guys and end in a big cliffhanger.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    It took my about 14 hours. That's almost all main story, with a small amount of side quests and a bit of hunting sprinkled through. And ya, I don't recommend anyone who hasn't finished yet to read that. It spoils everything there is to be spoiled.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

"I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence."

I'd hate my parents if they named me Haytham.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnid View Post
    spoilers:
    It seems like the Templar's lead more enjoyable lives, and the majority of them probably get to live their entire lives in prosperous conditions. Hatham got killed by Connor, but his life leading up to that seemed enjoyable and fulfilling. If not for Connor, his plan would have been realized and everything would have been gravy. Connor, on the other hand, got screwed at every turn of his journey. Everyone he cared about ended up dead. His entire mission to save his people failed, and they all got killed or took part in the Trail of Tears. It feels like Juno absolutely screwed him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The side Connor was on didn't matter so much as his being a Native American did, I mean he was an North Eastern Indian during the late 1700s, there's only one way it could have turned out. Honestly his best shot at a somewhat happier ending was the homestead, which to me was the bright spot in the otherwise depressing story.

And Ezio at least had a satisfying ending

I'm holding onto hope they do something more with Desmond in further games, as he deserved better
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-05-2012 at 12:22 AM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Well, I was going to buy this for my brothers for Christmas. But it’s not really their thing, they either like shooter or sports games. So I’ve opted to ‘watching’ it on You tube. This guy has played the game and uploaded the entire episodes. I’m on episode number 4. I’m a history buff and I love costume dramas so this thing is up my alley. It’s just un-fortunate that this whole sci-fi machine stuff interferes with the whole narrative (yes I understand that’s part of the story!).
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by sHayden View Post
    I'd hate my parents if they named me Haytham.
    its ok for a middle name....barely
    Support your local roller derby league