Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default DC Comics, Geoff Johns Reveal Aquaman's "Other League" Teammates

DC has released a first look at Ivan Reis and Joe Prado's designs for Kahina the Seer of The Others, a league from Aquaman's past forced to return in "Aquaman" #7 this month.

Full article here.

Looks great, I can't wait for this arc!

BANNED

So these are Aquaman's equivalent world building Rainbow Lanterns then?

I get the GL model of rebuilding has been successful, but you can go to the well only go often before it runs dry and people are left unsatisfied.

Orientalism!
    Orientalism!

Sound the alarm!
    Alarm!
    Alarm!
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

BANNED

Hey long time no see!

Enjoying the book. Almost as fun as the Peter David run where the man built quite a nice world around Arthur Curry. Looking foreward to this.

Nice to see DC is following AIPAC's lead and demonizing/stereotyping Iranians. [rolls eyes]
    Locke & Key, Saga, Thief of Thieves

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldAllnut View Post
    Nice to see DC is following AIPAC's lead and demonizing/stereotyping Iranians. [rolls eyes]
    How so?

At this point, it just sounds like this character is a hero/associate from Aquaman's past; nothing more, nothing less...

I'm becoming confused, is this new arc about "The Other League" or "Who Sunk Atlantis"?
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

Somewhere between Earth 2 Seaside Heights & Earth 616 Surf City

Same here Aquaman rules.
    To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films.
    Somewhere on an alternate earth Captain America is a member of the JSA

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

I dont see how this is demonizing Iranians since this character is said to be the moral compass of the group. Stereotyping with the attire and sword maybe...but it's seems less stereotype and more cultural basis...just based on the drawing that is.

I've really enjoyed what Johns' and crew have done so far and look forward to the new arc as well.
    Not all who wander are lost....

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I dont see how this is demonizing Iranians since this character is said to be the moral compass of the group. Stereotyping with the attire and sword maybe...but it's seems less stereotype and more cultural basis...just based on the drawing that is.

I've really enjoyed what Johns' and crew have done so far and look forward to the new arc as well.
    Same here. And these are characters from back in Atlantean history; they aren't characters from modern times in modern attire. These are mythical heroes from ancient times--like when people wore robes and carried swords. Plus, Kahina is "the moral compass" of Aquaman's team.

How that is misconstrued as anti-Iranian is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Same here. And these are characters from back in Atlantean history; they aren't characters from modern times in modern attire. These are mythical heroes from ancient times--like when people wore robes and carried swords. Plus, Kahina is "the moral compass" of Aquaman's team.

Well you know...it's obviously so 90's grim and gritty, I bet there are pouches and shoulder pads under the robes. /sarcasm

Please explain what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post

Actually, the "Other League" were heroes 5 years ago. They retired and now are coming back for a reason that's connected to the golden items. I doubt if any of them are Atlantean.