Page 466 of 822 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 12322
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    I hate gold sales. CPs just don't want to drop... everything kind of turns to crap because they want you to buy gold.
    Last time I checked in on this thread, I had just earned 500 CP. Now I have 547 CP. I haven't spent any gold.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Last time I checked in on this thread, I had just earned 500 CP. Now I have 547 CP. I haven't spent any gold.
    I'm not sure when the last time you checked in was, but I have been doing pretty well farming CP, too... it just always seems that during the gold sales, things kind of dry up for a while. If you have farmed those 47 CP in the couple of days the gold sale has been going, well, then my hat is off to you... and I would like to know your tactics.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    I'm not sure when the last time you checked in was, but I have been doing pretty well farming CP, too... it just always seems that during the gold sales, things kind of dry up for a while. If you have farmed those 47 CP in the couple of days the gold sale has been going, well, then my hat is off to you... and I would like to know your tactics.
    I last checked in less than 48 hours ago. 47 CP in less than 48 hours? Is that bad?
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Psylocke is back from her Level 12 training. Wasp is off to some kind of entomology seminar.

I did okay with CP too lately, but mainly because I was running the Epic Boss in Spec Ops mission 3 and really wanted the lockboxes. But I'm not doing any serious farming. Most of the time I'm playing Mission 10.4 to level up Wasp and Havok

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    I did okay with CP too lately, but mainly because I was running the Epic Boss in Spec Ops mission 3 and really wanted the lockboxes. But I'm not doing any serious farming. Most of the time I'm playing Mission 10.4 to level up Wasp and Havok
    3.5 for me. I've been having some good luck there.

And Spec Ops mission 2. (I need to do mission 2 to finish the master of magnetism.)

And like you, I'd like more lockboxes but they are proving extremely difficult to procure. I don't really want to curse out not getting any lockboxes when I get 10 CP from the Epic Boss of Spec Ops mission 2.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I last checked in less than 48 hours ago. 47 CP in less than 48 hours? Is that bad?
    Love to know your secret.
    The Avengers can go fuck themselves." -Elizabeth Braddock

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Bravery View Post
    Love to know your secret.
    Same here. I need cp badly since Ghost Rider might be coming back soon

if you have the energy, the time, and the patience to do 4.4 over and over again, it's perfectly doable. It's a good way to pass the time when you're leveling people to 12, since your training is lock for a 36 hours. There's also having luck on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    There's also having luck on your side.
    Luck is hardly ever on my side. I wish they would make cheaper heroes be needed for the spec ops epics. The only one I currently own is Emma since I spent money to get her

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    if you have the energy, the time, and the patience to do 4.4 over and over again, it's perfectly doable. It's a good way to pass the time when you're leveling people to 12, since your training is lock for a 36 hours. There's also having luck on your side.
    I redo 3.5.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlarvitar View Post
    Luck is hardly ever on my side. I wish they would make cheaper heroes be needed for the spec ops epics. The only one I currently own is Emma since I spent money to get her
    I spent some time considering this over the weekend, and I wonder if we'll ever see cheap heroes again.

I'm thinking now that we have bigger amounts of CP in the roulette and gold on the daily spin, Quicksilver will be our final sub-90CP hero unless they're really pushing a new character. For example, I could see a Guardians of the Galaxy hero getting a lower CP to try to familiarize the playerbase.

What we've seen since SpecOp1 completed is Playdom purposely introduced inflation into the system of currency by making CP and Gold more feasible to acquire in game without actually reducing its real-world value from 8:4:$1. That let them maximize the hero prices - and, yes, give away some of that currency - but flooding the market with more currency does not eliminate the eager person is still willing to pay $11.25 for a 90CP hero they want on the spot.

(Also, not for nothing, but the Alt costumes are a much bigger business than they used to be back when most of them didn't really do anything.)

Pure speculation, but from the game developer standpoint there's no conflict here. New players still get Hawkeye, Iron Man, and Black Widow. They still get a free 15CP hero. And, I'm sure they know what % of new players will spring 90CP for their favorite hero right off the bat (I saw tons of Caps, Hulks, and Wolvies on people with only a handful of heroes when I first started). Except now, unlike how it used to be, there is an immediate and obvious path to more heroes as soon as you defeat Viper - the roulette full of CP!

If a game company has a motivation after profit, it's hours logged in game. By introducing higher amounts of CP into the roulette wheel and keeping new heroes at 90CP and higher, Playdom nailed the perfect balance of a free-to-play game - plenty of hope for the grinder, and plenty to buy for the casual "need it now" fan.

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Kevinroc/others commenting on CP – 47 CP in 48 hours is amazing. In 10.4, I find that I get CP about 60% of the time from Enchantress and 70% of the time from Dormammu, making 10.4 my current go-to for training and CP farming. I know it takes more energy than 4.4/3.5, but my rate with 4.4 is about 33%/50%, and that 33% is almost entirely 1 CP drops (blech). I will definitely start running 3.5 to see how that goes.

Chariset – Entomology seminar? More likely she's at Bloomingdale's. You better check up on her.

Krisis – I think you have hit the nail on the head. Honestly, I think I like SHSO more than M:AA, but M:AA is definitely more addicting and has more to rope you in: grind, buy, or (gasp) get behind! Wasp for 90CP definitely dashed my hope for seeing any more "cheap" heroes. Though they did make Quicksilver and Modern Strange's alts fairly cheap.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

You know, Havok, if you could actually hit something, that'd be great. Otherwise he's cool, finally got him.

Now to farm some lockboxes...

No freaking lockboxes from deploys. I should just begin farming/storing for Magneto's likely 600 cp pricing. I still have to get Cable and Wasp, though I might hold off on both of them till they become deploy requirements.

I only have to 4 star mission 2 now, and I still have yet to get a single magnetic lockbox besides the ones you get for tasks. I need 3 more covers, and you get 36 for the last task, somehow I don't think I'm gonna get the last 3 covers with them. Ugh.

Also with Wolvie's new power set, he is pretty popular on pvp. I did my 5 matchs, and he was in every one, most often as an infiltrator alt costume. Thank goodness I had Ghost Rider.