Page 390 of 822 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 12322

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlarvitar View Post
    He's coming to the game? I hope he is buyable instead of a PVP or spec ops hero
    The wording seems to suggest PvP reward unfortunately.

First peek at Psylocke's skillset:

http://megaswf.com/s/2544569

Quote Originally Posted by vaultofechoes View Post

I wish PVP heroes weren't expensive.
    Cable comes out soon doesn't he? It's been a month

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Take this with a pinch of salt, since Tigra ended up being released a month later and we all know what happened to Vision, but someone's data was uploaded into the servers today.

I was thinking it would be Havok, right?

spoilers:
    PUNISH YOUR ENEMIES IN PVP
    AND RECRUIT THE PUNISHER

Well that works for me, too.
    end of spoilers
    I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Vision... you can interpret this as a compliment or a criticism as you wish, but we know that Playdom likes to recycle and get the most out of the material they have. If they had art and some missions half ready for Vision/Ultron, I bet they didn't throw all that work out completely. It's probably just a matter of time. This PvP really felt like a placeholder... nothing was really new about it except the rainbow bridge background art, snowfall/winterizing on the maps, and the items. I am no programmer, but I would guess this mission was easier to program than All Hallows. So they probably weren't quite done with Vision, and the seasonal spec ops trumped him and gave them time to work the bugs out (hopefully).

In terms of the current trend of releasing most heroes in spec ops or PvP... I have to say I'm not nuts about it, but I have to wonder how long the game will function well with so many heroes in the roster. I have had to put all my heroes in a spreadsheet to have a birds-eye view of who is what level, who needs to level up next, etc. It seems that most of my foes in PvP lately have tons of level 12 heroes, which means they are probably spending gold to quick-level up because I am a pretty faithful grinder and hero building is my main priority (if you could see all the research I HAVEN'T completed... it's scandalous). Part of the fun for me is protecting the new heroes in the initial battles, leveling them up, anticipating unlocking a new skill, planning the ISO build, etc. Anyway, not sure what I'm trying to say, just hope that the game stays enjoyable as the roster continues to swell.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

She looks pretty cool! Thanks for the link.
    Marvel game addict

Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Vision... you can interpret this as a compliment or a criticism as you wish, but we know that Playdom likes to recycle and get the most out of the material they have. If they had art and some missions half ready for Vision/Ultron, I bet they didn't throw all that work out completely. It's probably just a matter of time. This PvP really felt like a placeholder... nothing was really new about it except the rainbow bridge background art, snowfall/winterizing on the maps, and the items. I am no programmer, but I would guess this mission was easier to program than All Hallows. So they probably weren't quite done with Vision, and the seasonal spec ops trumped him and gave them time to work the bugs out (hopefully).

In terms of the current trend of releasing most heroes in spec ops or PvP... I have to say I'm not nuts about it, but I have to wonder how long the game will function well with so many heroes in the roster. I have had to put all my heroes in a spreadsheet to have a birds-eye view of who is what level, who needs to level up next, etc. It seems that most of my foes in PvP lately have tons of level 12 heroes, which means they are probably spending gold to quick-level up because I am a pretty faithful grinder and hero building is my main priority (if you could see all the research I HAVEN'T completed... it's scandalous). Part of the fun for me is protecting the new heroes in the initial battles, leveling them up, anticipating unlocking a new skill, planning the ISO build, etc. Anyway, not sure what I'm trying to say, just hope that the game stays enjoyable as the roster continues to swell.
    No, I definitely agree that a Vision spec op is in our future. What happened was that Playdom planned to have Vision as SO5, but plans certainly got changed. No one knows for sure when he will appear now though. Most are speculating in March during the Age of Ultron event, though it might as well be next week (or it could be Havok, who knows). But they won't scrap a character or Spec Op just like that I believe. They did have the balls to push out a relatively unpopular character at 90 CP after all (Tigra), after her fate was left ambiguous at NYCC. Just meant to say that in-game data does not = immediate or near-future rollout.

I do believe that almost all heroes now have a unique niche of their own though. So far, PD are doing a good job on hero designs/redesigns. If there are any that don't, they tend to be the older heroes, and those are getting tweaks when they gain alternate uniforms anyway.

So will we be getting a new spec ops when Valkyrie's ends?

BANNED

Psylocke's moves are kinda...meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Psylocke's moves are kinda...meh.
    they could've done so much with her lack of logic:

Maybe they wanted to avoid the cheesecake. I was expecting these to be her basic moves:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	234293-149243-psylocke_super.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	106764

I am seriously impressed with the variety I am seeing in PVP this week. I have to have fought fully a third of all heroes. Yes, there are still some major favorites (seeing a lot of Emma/Strange team-ups), but I've fought every single natural Bruiser.

That said, the game is lousy with Tacticians - especially two-Tactician teams. I can't seem to find the right Infiltrator to deal with them.

I'm puzzled by the lack of Black Panthers, as he has good base stats used to give me a ton of problems.
    Last edited by krisis; 01-05-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Probably should have played PVP this season.

I'm top 6% and haven't actually played anything beyond 10 just to win gold. With effort I might have actually won something good.

Ah well.

No interest in the Punisher at all, so they can have him be PvP reward all they like
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    Probably should have played PVP this season.

I'm top 6% and haven't actually played anything beyond 10 just to win gold. With effort I might have actually won something good.

Ah well.

No interest in the Punisher at all, so they can have him be PvP reward all they like
    It's probably not out of the question for you to get the Scroll at least... you have a few days and probably lots of challenge points stored up.
    Marvel game addict

If Punisher is the next PvP reward, I'll happily not win him - just the levels below him. Still struggling in this season. Would like to win Psylocke, but we'll see how the fates go.
    Please check out the links for my new series People you Know.

www.facebook.com/peopleyouknow

www.peopleyouknow.tv

Yeah, I just dont want to get sucked in.

I hate what PVP does to me, it ruins my enjoyment of the game and makes me so irritable. If the scroll was usable every 2 rounds rather than 3, I'd probably go for it, but as it is, not sure I'd use it so not sure it's worth two days of stress!

Wonder if Cable will be out this week?

Wonder if he'll also be randomly priced. I still haven't bought Deadpool cos of the unfair pricing
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    Yeah, I just dont want to get sucked in.

I hate what PVP does to me, it ruins my enjoyment of the game and makes me so irritable. If the scroll was usable every 2 rounds rather than 3, I'd probably go for it, but as it is, not sure I'd use it so not sure it's worth two days of stress!

Wonder if Cable will be out this week?

Wonder if he'll also be randomly priced. I still haven't bought Deadpool cos of the unfair pricing
    I hope Cable comes out this week. Then Psylocke won't take longer to come out.
    I havn't gotten Deadpool either

I'm waiting until the last moment to try for the scroll. Currently sitting around top 25%.