Page 383 of 822 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 12323
    Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    Thanks for the review... I was thinking I would pass on it. The other items from the set don't seem too great (Hoarfrost Mace is useful in PvP only for its protect ability). Seems (like the demon set) that you need to sink the time/gold into getting the rarest item (in this case Roar of the North) to unlock the power of the full set, but I refuse to get sucked into spending gold on re-spins.
    No problem, my friend

I got the roar of the north on the 1st day of Spec Ops (first time I've ever got a Spec Ops daily roulette weapon). I really, really don't see the fuss with it. I used it once or twice to see if it was that powerful, but the damage it does is just...meh. Not great by any stretch.

I'd say the best weapons that have come out of any Spec Ops thus far are the Arc Reactor and the Phoenix Pinion. But the Dark Sigil trumps them both, in my opinion, and you can get that just by farming Dr Strange's premium mission. I use Hoarfrost Mace, like you say, just for the protect ability. That Hotshot looks great, but I never got it

In other news, Deadpool has just gone off to train to level 12. That leaves me with Valkyrie, Colossus, Thing and Sif and that's every character at max level. Moving house in a day or 2 and will be without internet, so I figure by the time I'm back on there'll be new characters/costumes and whatnot. It never ends...

Oh, by the way, I just realised that I don't have anyone on this thread added as an ally in the game. If anyone wants to add me, my Facebook address is http://www.facebook.com/reganvondoom.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by John Trenchfoot; 12-29-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Has anyone tried out Jean Grey in PvP yet? Have heard mostly positive reviews so far.

Is this a good PvP team?
    Human Torch and Emma Frost(Phoenix)

I still haven't started the new PVP season. Should likely do that at some point.

I did buy the Avengers Initiative Android game today though, so hopefully I can get a few bonus rewards for that
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

Quote Originally Posted by vaultofechoes View Post
    Has anyone tried out Jean Grey in PvP yet? Have heard mostly positive reviews so far.
    Jean Grey's White Crown Suit is a major blessing in PVP - no one can die as long as you use Phoenix Fire between each death and so long as they make it through the turn they'd die on without taking further damage (as the +25% happens at the end of the turn).

Combined with Valkyrie, who can Death Watch for the duration of Phoenix Fire's recharge, and you have a literally unkillable team.

That said, I was getting SHREDDED on defense even with my Agent protecting from single target attacks. Phoenix's stats start pretty low, and even after a lot of boosting her Def is hard to get past three stars. Plus, I'm not certain if the computer is savvy enough to use Phoenix Fire EVERY TIME it becomes available.

I'm really liking the dark sigil.

I'm going to buy Luke Cage next. It is annoying that he comes out from distress calls when my friends have Deadpool, Cable, Mockingbird, Magik, Ghost Rider, and Valkyrie. Plus all those 90 cp heroes I don't have.

So, I decided to start PVP. I'm using WC Jean, Val, and Bruiser Agent. 9 and 2 so far, with 3 refreshes.

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaultofechoes View Post
    I'm using her Phoenix Five suit (blaster) with Emma. Agent "Protect" is a must for her. I win some defenses (fewer lately now that the water is clouding red with blood close to the end of the tourney). I think it is safe to say that the Phoenix Five passive only adds a MARGINAL advantage. I am seriously considering the White Crown suit... I am only 1 CP short of the blaster version. The problem is that I am low on silver due to researching the level IV ISOs, so it would take a little bit to get her "up and running."

What do you folks think? I am leery of playing too much into the "PvP net" as the metagame is always changing. I want my resources to be spent on things that I like and that are truly helpful for both PvP and PvE. That said, the White Crown suit does have some appeal for PvE, and I happen to like the look of it better than P5 as well. CPs are precious, but the only currently available character that I am missing is Deadpool, and while I am sure I will get him sometime, I am not in a big rush.

EDIT I just went ahead and got the suit. I had enough silver for 3 level IV ISOs (and a random level 3 ISO that I just got as a drop) and she's already comparable to my P5 Phoenix (stacked out with 6 level 3 ISOs). Am I a sucker?
    Last edited by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle; 12-29-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I'm really liking the dark sigil.
    I do want one of those. Soon as I'm done 5-starring ch. 10 I'm back to farming that mission. :)
    Marvel game addict

I got my first mission exclusive item. Doombringer, sadly it is too weak to use right now.
    I also got my gold for joining Marvel XP

Default Oops!

Playdom accidentally pulled all the purple unstable ISO-8!
    Marvel game addict

Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

"Accidentally"

Playdom sure has a lot of these silly accidents during the last week of every Spec Ops.

/sarcasm
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    I do want one of those. Soon as I'm done 5-starring ch. 10 I'm back to farming that mission. :)
    It's done wonders for me against epic Elektra.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlarvitar View Post
    I'm going to buy Luke Cage next. It is annoying that he comes out from distress calls when my friends have Deadpool, Cable, Mockingbird, Magik, Ghost Rider, and Valkyrie. Plus all those 90 cp heroes I don't have.
    I hate how they do that. I get 'help' from Nightcralwer and Spider Woman.

It's like, F Off! There is a reason I dont own either, I dont need their help!
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods