Page 380 of 822 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430480 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 12325

I'm not sure why the Deadpool complaints. Aside from being an actual fun character play, he plays pretty nicely. Yeah most of his debuffs are just for show, but stuff like nerf and bugs do end up making you breeze through things. And as someone who has had Deadpool almost kick my ass in PVP I'll say people shouldn't under estimate him. Dr. Strange or Emma are not so great when they're sulling bugged and can't even attack. The thing with Deadpool like with most characters, is that you need to find him a good partner. I think the best partners for Wade right now are the ladies that came with him, Tigra and Val, cause Tigra's bleeds make up for Deadpool's lack of power (Though he attacks pretty well for me and I'm only on level 6), and Wade provides some nice distractions for Valkery to built up her set. Also possibly Human Torch.

As for Emma, guess that's going to be the standard price for Spec Ops heroes. I am happy her alt suits came out. I wonder if I should get the Tact Costume since I didn't get it last time, just for the sake of variaty in PVP and cause Ghost Rider's far too common for my comfort. Hmm.

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I'm not sure why the Deadpool complaints. Aside from being an actual fun character play, he plays pretty nicely. Yeah most of his debuffs are just for show, but stuff like nerf and bugs do end up making you breeze through things. And as someone who has had Deadpool almost kick my ass in PVP I'll say people shouldn't under estimate him. Dr. Strange or Emma are not so great when they're sulling bugged and can't even attack. The thing with Deadpool like with most characters, is that you need to find him a good partner. I think the best partners for Wade right now are the ladies that came with him, Tigra and Val, cause Tigra's bleeds make up for Deadpool's lack of power (Though he attacks pretty well for me and I'm only on level 6), and Wade provides some nice distractions for Valkery to built up her set. Also possibly Human Torch.

As for Emma, guess that's going to be the standard price for Spec Ops heroes. I am happy her alt suits came out. I wonder if I should get the Tact Costume since I didn't get it last time, just for the sake of variaty in PVP and cause Ghost Rider's far too common for my comfort. Hmm.
    I agree... There are really very few (any?) lousy characters in this game, it just depends on if you know how to ISO them and complement their abilities with agent items and other friends. Gambit can seem pretty weak in lower levels unless you ISO him right and use items or allies that cause exposed... at which point he is brutal. I think the issue with some characters is just getting them through those first few levels of only a few of their attacks. It seems that the trend is to complain about characters when they are first released (Mockingbird, Gambit, Quicksilver, Deadpool) and then complain about them when you encounter someone who sets them up right.

Wolverine isn't that bad, either... I think the disappointment is that in the comics he is nigh-unbeatable (except apparently by Squirrel Girl) and everyone's favorite, and in this game Bruisers will smack him around just like any other scrapper. Could he better? Absolutely, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it coming.

I agree that some characters don't seem "worth" a certain amount of CP but honestly it is pretty arbitrary as just about anyone can be a good addition to your team if you figure out how to use them right. It is a bit troubling that hero costs in general seem to be going up (except for Quicksilver! What a deal!) but ways to get CPs are static.

OK, didn't mean to type that much. Hopefully it sparks some good conversation.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    I agree... There are really very few (any?) lousy characters in this game, it just depends on if you know how to ISO them and complement their abilities with agent items and other friends. Gambit can seem pretty weak in lower levels unless you ISO him right and use items or allies that cause exposed... at which point he is brutal. I think the issue with some characters is just getting them through those first few levels of only a few of their attacks. It seems that the trend is to complain about characters when they are first released (Mockingbird, Gambit, Quicksilver, Deadpool) and then complain about them when you encounter someone who sets them up right.

Wolverine isn't that bad, either... I think the disappointment is that in the comics he is nigh-unbeatable (except apparently by Squirrel Girl) and everyone's favorite, and in this game Bruisers will smack him around just like any other scrapper. Could he better? Absolutely, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it coming.

I agree that some characters don't seem "worth" a certain amount of CP but honestly it is pretty arbitrary as just about anyone can be a good addition to your team if you figure out how to use them right. It is a bit troubling that hero costs in general seem to be going up (except for Quicksilver! What a deal!) but ways to get CPs are static.

OK, didn't mean to type that much. Hopefully it sparks some good conversation.

Don't worry, it's good that some people don't write characters off. I think only characters who need some serious work are Nightcrawler and Hawkeye, who really need just more variaty in their powers (Kurt needs swords and I would like to see some explosive arrows added to Clint, even if they come with a cool down. is sad that Black Widow and Mockindbird's kick pack more power). But yeah, everyone else is pretty usable. I think people expect these unstoppable beast when they come out. Like i'm also seeing a lot of people putting down Beast, but Beast+Emma is a pretty hard team to beat in PVP. Their buffs just keep complementing each other. And Beast and Wanda are also a bit of a challenge since they can just make their team be eternal if you don't take them out. And with all the agent's protecting now a days, the characters can do whatever they want. You just need to plan it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    Just a word of warning about Deadpool......he's not very good! I have him to lvl 8 at the moment and to be honest Wolverine is a better character and even he's not great! Most of Deadpool's buffs/de-buffs are just gibberish and he isn't very strong either. I paid 112 cp's for him but I don't think he is worth more than 45 cp's.
    Okay. I'll see if Psylocke is any good when she comes out.
    SpOck/"Superior"'s number one hater

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    Just a word of warning about Deadpool......he's not very good! I have him to lvl 8 at the moment and to be honest Wolverine is a better character and even he's not great! Most of Deadpool's buffs/de-buffs are just gibberish and he isn't very strong either. I paid 112 cp's for him but I don't think he is worth more than 45 cp's.
    Really? In PVP [granted, I'm level 21] he's a real pain in the ass... I was saving up to get him after being wrecked by a few Deadpool/Modern Strange teams. Should I reconsider?

Hmmm, Phoenix Emma as a Tact right? Or a Infiltrator........Tact.

I fought Deadpool once in PVP and he ripped my team, with no infiltrators, and a bruiser, apart. True story.

Probably more attributed to the PVP bonus miss match but still.

I'm not very into doing PVP battles but if Deadpool is good in it i'm going to buy him so I can participate in the next PVP season with a good character
    SpOck/"Superior"'s number one hater

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Don't worry, it's good that some people don't write characters off. I think only characters who need some serious work are Nightcrawler and Hawkeye, who really need just more variaty in their powers (Kurt needs swords and I would like to see some explosive arrows added to Clint, even if they come with a cool down. is sad that Black Widow and Mockindbird's kick pack more power). But yeah, everyone else is pretty usable. I think people expect these unstoppable beast when they come out. Like i'm also seeing a lot of people putting down Beast, but Beast+Emma is a pretty hard team to beat in PVP. Their buffs just keep complementing each other. And Beast and Wanda are also a bit of a challenge since they can just make their team be eternal if you don't take them out. And with all the agent's protecting now a days, the characters can do whatever they want. You just need to plan it out.
    I agree 100% that those two characters are currently the MOST in need of a revisit from Playdom's team. They did stunning work with Dr. Strange and Storm, and Phoenix has become a major force with just a bit of tweaking, so hopefully they will give these two heroes a buff soon. They are constantly using Nightcrawler (supporting character in Spec Ops 3 or 4 can't remember, boss team-up in Ch. 9, deploy for Spec Ops) so it would be really nice of them to tweak him out a bit since a lot of people have purchased him.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

Wolverine got a lot more dangerous now that Bleeding does more damage, but I still don't think he was worth 90. They priced him at 90 because he's so popular and people would fork over the CP to buy him.

Cap, Black Panther, Wanda, Thor, Hulk -- all of those are definitely worth the CP. Wolverine... not so much.

Characters who still need help to make them playable are Luke and Danny, Nightcrawler, and Hawkeye.

Iron Fist sees play using his heal move to extend the lifespan of certain characters. But he also is getting a costume so expecting him to get upgraded then.

Come on make him a blaster. So we can have Pietro/IF popping up and laughing at bruisers.
    Currently Reading:
    Avengers, UXM, UA, NA, YA, AA, SSM, Hawkguy, Fearless Defenders,WaTXM, ANXM

To the convo above: Have people seriously seen Beast in PVP? I haven't played him all season! I love his debuff, but I just think a character who has two moves focused on NOT attacking isn't really the best fit for the high level meta game right now. I'll have to give him a try next season.

Also, agreed that Wolverine is still not worth the 90CP. I leveled him up to 10 to see if he was any more useful than he used to be, but his ultra-expensive L2 and L6 attacks just make him slow to develop in a fight. Adding Shred or a Tigra-style Hemorrhage would definitely make a difference.

Otherwise, I think everybody plays really well for the 90CP value except for maybe Spider-Man (as if he'd be any less) and Rogue (who is more the price for her boutique power set, which is super fun).

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Iron Fist sees play using his heal move to extend the lifespan of certain characters. But he also is getting a costume so expecting him to get upgraded then.

Come on make him a blaster. So we can have Pietro/IF popping up and laughing at bruisers.
    I believe Iron Fist is going to be a major player when his alt costume comes out. He's already a steady Scrapper with the only(?) single-target heal in the game, he has a deadly crit, and he gets wickedly powerful as the battle continues. Any buff they give his alt is going to make him deadlier.

As for the other class, is there any chance of it being something other than Infiltrator? Hmm.

Spidey is worth the 90 due to his passive in the old days. A protect that also makes him stronger combined with spidey sense made him retarded as hell.

And Rogue so worth 90 CP. An easy way to devastate teams who depend on anything but bruisers.

And thinking IF will be blaster due to his mountain crushing shown in that costume.

Hoping so, imagine the damage him and pietro together could deal to bruisers? Or just in general.
    Currently Reading:

Spidey is worth the 90 due to his passive in the old days. A protect that also makes him stronger combined with spidey sense made him retarded as hell.

And Rogue so worth 90 CP. An easy way to devastate teams who depend on anything but bruisers.

And thinking IF will be blaster due to his mountain crushing shown in that costume.

Hoping so, imagine the damage him and pietro together could deal to bruisers? Or just in general.
    Currently Reading:

Deadpool is now 135 CP for everybody.

Glad I bought him earlier then.