Page 368 of 822 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418468 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 12322
    Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Mind View Post
    (I'm currently in the top 15%, but it still ranks me as Silver, which was the rank I got in the last PvP season.. Shouldn't it be saying "gold"?)
    You need a specific number of matches along with the percentage rate. Both the percentage and amount of matches is listed under each rank.
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Maybe I'm slow, but I just realized that Tigra is every class.

Her actual class is Infiltrator.

Her L2 ability is a quick action, which effectively gives her double-turns like a Tactician against Blasters.

Her L1 ability gives her a follow-up one-time guaranteed crit, which is what a Blaster does to Bruisers.

Her L6 ability gives her a two-stack att/def buff, which is what a Bruiser gains from Scrappers.

Her L9 ability gives her double-attacks (only on bleeding targets) (and it causes bleed), which is what a Scrapper does to Infiltrators.

Welcome to why Tigra is worth 90CP! Can you think of any other character that has the bonuses of every class built into their powers or their passives?
    Ghost Rider is pretty close... L9 is quick action and ALSO boosts his attack, so it's kind of a mutation Tactician/Bruiser kind of move.
    L2 is stealthy (Infiltrator style) and pretty much a guaranteed crit/ignoring defense (Blaster style).

I hit 20CPs in the roulette today... won't be long and I will get Tigra!
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

20 cps in the roullette and got Val unlocked. Good day. I guess I'll set my sights on Tigra cause she's getting lots of praising. Thor will have to wait yet another while.

Ok, need to 3 star mission on and then beat the epic boss. To get the 3rd star, I'm probably going to need at least 100 ISOs to clear it before doing the epic boss run. For the epic boss it looks like I need 190 ISOs....ugh....here's to hoping I can get some daily roulette. I have had the worst luck this spec ops.

So... who have we been pairing with Dr. Strange to great success in PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    - Ghost Rider
    - Thor
    - Captain America/Colossus

What are your thoughts on the meta-game in the new PVP season?

My thoughts:

- Since so many people won the Nail Gun, are we back to anti-shield attacks being essential? What about Stealthy?
    - Will it be strongly anti-Scrapper due to the continued reign of GR and the Scrapper suit?
    - Will the high levels be rife with Tacticians to counter Cable?
    - Will BLEED be the new Mental Anguish?

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Since both Dr. Strange alts cause Bane with both attacks, anyone with magic damage is a good pairing - Ghost Rider, Magik, Wanda, Valkyrie. (Does Thor also do Magic damage?)

Also, Strange having a heal means you can more confidently use heroes with protect or abilities that sap HP.

I'm looking forward to trying out Tact Strange + Cable this weekend, since I'm terrified of running Cable without a heal due to the switch to TO mode dealing damage.
    Last edited by krisis; 12-14-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaultofechoes View Post
    - Ghost Rider
    - Thor
    - Captain America/Colossus
    You could also probably use Magik for offense as she coordinates nicely with him, but take her off for defense as she still only spams her first attack. They need to fix these PvP bugs! I've also noticed Scarlet Witch nearly never uses her arcane blast on defense. She just runs a 3-turn cycle of Hex Spheres, Chaos Shield, Probability Field... unless you've already stacked some debuffs on her team before her first turn, then she will do Chaos Shield first.

I have not tried Dr. Strange for PvP yet, though I have him leveled up with his new suit and love him in PvE. Maybe I will try a few practice fights...

EDIT: sorry Krisis, I think we posted at the same time. :)
    Marvel game addict

My big PvP question is... what team will win fights defending?

With what agent gear?

I am hemming and hawing about picking up a Scroll of Melsalam... I love healing items, but there are so few in this game that are good at a high level. It always makes me chuckle to see guys still using curative reach at level 130+, but I can understand why they are doing it.

Every item purchase now is all about PvP though... I haven't lost a fight in PvE since... gosh, Spec Ops 1 before they made it easier? I know Chariset swears by the Scroll, and she did win Cable! But the playing field is going to get funky with all of these high-power items for sale.

I'm not sure I want to get into buying these customizable gold items, even on a good sale. I like to hoard my gold and make my own "sales" for heros when I have almost enough CPs.

Decisions decisions!
    Marvel game addict

Decisions decisions, I have exactly 32 gold, so do I buy the scroll. I'm only level 83 so it is only a bit better than the curative reach I already have, but the remove debuffs looks so appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Decisions decisions, I have exactly 32 gold, so do I buy the scroll. I'm only level 83 so it is only a bit better than the curative reach I already have, but the remove debuffs looks so appealing.
    I am higher level (are we allies yet? Hit me up if you want) and I am not getting many flame suppressant/coagulator/detoxifier drops any more. So something that can just make the bad fire or poison or whatever go away without having to spend my silver (that should be going toward training) is pretty appealing... not to mention it heals my team!!!

This could be pretty sweet in PvP with Odin's Cane... heal 'em up past 25% health, then make 'em unkillable. Too bad it's not quick action like the lunchmeat (angolob is bologna backwards) scroll. :)
    Marvel game addict

I can't go to Facebook. I'm diying to play MAA -.-

I have joined the club...

I went ahead and bought it... SO useful so far in PvE!!!
    Marvel game addict

Beware using Cable in PvP. His lack of a Refresh function is really dangerous.

If Invisible Woman uses Force Cage on him, he's stuck and you have to refresh the browser (and lose the fight) to get out. I wouldn't play Cable in PvP at all until Playdom fixes that bug.

Also, you don't have an option to take no-turn when hit by Mental Anguish, so you'll have to take the damage.

(And besides all that, it's just too dangerous to bring a Blaster into PvP with all the Tacticians out there. Every time my Strange meets a Blaster Strange who isn't being protected by the Agent, it's no contest. The poor guy goes down within the first round)

I use Tactician Strange with Phoenix Emma, just because at this point you need to bring Emma with you to every fight. We'll see if that changes once all the new anti-Psychic weapons come out.
    Last edited by chariset; 12-14-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Might pick up the Rocket Pistol later, and while the Scroll looks useful, I dont play PvP seriously enough any more to spend gold out on it.

We need chapter 10. I'm getting bored having completed the SpecOps and not being remotely interesting in the frustration and obsession that comes with PvP (season 1 just killed my interest in it so dead)
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods