Page 362 of 825 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 12362

He isnt even close to worth 135. 112 I would have likely done though tbh.
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

Quote Originally Posted by kr3wman View Post
    I'm guessing that it is somewhat random, and it's to test the relative percentage of people who would buy it at different prices and see if an increase in price would still be profitable on pvp heroes judged by how many people would still buy deadpool.
    Maybe they made Deadpool's pricing as stupid as Deadpool himself.
    HeroUp.com: Squire Valiant Snail, level 3734/3767
    Fortress Of Solitude: ComicList

Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

Cost me 112. Down to onl;y 12 CP. To be honest, I'd have paid 90 or 135, I just want all the characters, but I wouldn't pay money to get him. It's not like he's limited edition. I think, having read the hysterical Playdom forums, the price is entireky random because, well, that crazy Deadpool is just oh-so random in himself. But he's not a great character thus far. Had he been 100 CP+ and limited edition then that would be a slap in the face, but you can get him any time. If I was fairly new to the game I'd suggest spending CP on someone really good, like Tigra or Herc.

Apropos of nothing, my perspective on spending actual money on the game is "Which is worth more - my money or my time?" And, also, "How much do I really want to spend on this game instead of actual comics."

I say that because everything that costs CP or Shield points, and anything that is 5 Gold or less, can be easily had by grinding for it in game. Need energy or ISO? Accept 50 gifts every morning. Need PVP battles or Shield points? With 50 allies you'll never run out. Need 300k of Silver? Run 20 minute flight decks of Level 10 characters for 12 hours of playtime. Need 5 Gold for a special ISO? Level up 5 times in a week or keep an eye out for survey offers.

Want Deadpool? 90 CP is an average of 10 trips through the Magneto Epic mission, which would take an accumulated 800+ energy (8 days of gifts) and at least 2hrs - probably more like 3.5hrs.

That's A LOT of my time, which is pretty valuable stuff! If you think about what you can make doing whatever you're skilled at doing using that same 3.5hrs (after eight days of waiting/planning!) I'm sure it comes to more than $12, which is about what you can drop to have him right now.

Except, if you always think that way you'd be over $1,000 into the game at this point, and no FB game is worth that. Plus, think of what $1,000 of comics could look like!

I try to find the middle ground. I'll spend $5 on the weekend if I haven't played at all that week, or a $1 if I'm really stuck for 8CP for a new character. That's not much different than renting a movie or playing an arcade game for a while. Even that adds up - $5 a week for a year of play is $250 for this silly game!

So, is occasionally playing a digital version of Deadpool that you don't own worth about $12 to you? You could get a whole TPB of Deadpool for that - maybe two, on eBay! Or, is it worth 3.5hrs of your time? Or, is it not worth anything?

What's your position on spending real money in the game?
    Last edited by krisis; 12-12-2012 at 02:48 PM.

The way I look at it, it's a facebook game, as much as I'm addicted to it, it's not really worth spending money to me. I mean, I'm likely going to drop it as soon as something better comes along. And you can get every hero for free, just takes longer (And even MB was put on sale, so that sets a prescedent). I would probably feel different if I took PVP as seriously as some people do. While the tournaments have totally have me grinding there, I only really care about the heroes, who I'll get for free in a month.

Edit: Also, I think the want/need to spend depends highly on when you joined. I joined when farming CP was relatively easy with the drops and good old Elektra, so I filled my roster to a good enough number before I hit level 100, with the 90cp characters of the time, with the exception of Hulk who I got early, being my only missing ones (And considering I didn't want any of the others there was no hurry). So I never really felt there was a bit rushed to get everyone till Spec Ops II where heroes became needed.
    Last edited by xhx23x; 12-12-2012 at 02:57 PM.

135 CP for me as well - little annoyed about that - think I'll pass on recruiting him for now...
    Never Surrender

For information on the Classic Marvel and DC Figurine Collections by Eaglemoss
    http://www.superherofigurineforum.com

Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    What's your position on spending real money in the game?
    Generally I am willing to drop $5 a month on the game, maybe $10 if I have the extra cash to spend. I enjoy it still despite some of the annoying crap Playdom has tried pulling on us as consumers. The game needs to make some sort of profit to remain available and justify the continued use of the servers. I very rarely play console games anymore, and the closest thing to a MMO I currently play is Super Hero Squad Online. Even for that I got a full year subscription when it was on sale for like 30% off. I've never dropped cash for the overpriced weapons though (64 gold a pop? comon'!) and I generally dislike PvP so the most I've played it lately is to make sure I at least get the Gold League for the 10 gold. I've started buying comics a bit more again though now, so my donation to Playdom's pocket is likely to drop back down to the $5 a month, if not maybe once every other month, if some of the dumb crap like Deadpool's pricing continue. I've been around here since roughly the beginning so I've put up with a lot of shady stuff they've pulled. At some point I'll hit the last straw.
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

I was very happy to see a lil 90 CP next to Deadpool! Not the best character ever....but lots of fun, and honestly, that's the best reason to play a game anyway!

Why is there such a wide divide in the prices? 90 - 135. Any real explanation?
    Please check out the links for my new series People you Know.

www.facebook.com/peopleyouknow

www.peopleyouknow.tv

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    Why is there such a wide divide in the prices? 90 - 135. Any real explanation?
    Not sure. I'm going to wade into the forums and see if there's an official explanation. If I'm not back in an hour, assume I've been killed in a tragic flamewar accident and hold services.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Not sure. I'm going to wade into the forums and see if there's an official explanation. If I'm not back in an hour, assume I've been killed in a tragic flamewar accident and hold services.
    Good luck and be safe.

Data Point: 135CP for me, and I finished with a Suit last season and Cable this season.

Playdom boardies seem to be thinking/speculating that this price difference is a straightforward test of demand for exclusive characters, as a follow-up to the 200CP Mockingbird. Tons of people of all different persuasions got him at 135CP, but people within the same household also got him for 90CP. The lower prices seem to be the exceptions. No moderator comments I can see, but longtime players commented that custom weapons used to have similar price-rangers.

PS: Apparently the low damage from Cable's psychic attacks is a bug? Whoa. Prepare for his awesomeness to arrive.

PPS: WHOA, FOR REAL - Cable's psychic damage is OBSCENE now. It's ten times higher than it was.
    Last edited by krisis; 12-12-2012 at 05:35 PM.

The closest I see to an official explanation is a guess that the pricing was set randomly as a way for Playdom to judge what a fair price would be.

So if he's not worth (whatever price you've been offered) to you, don't buy him.

http://forum.playdom.com/showthread....ce-Do-You-Have

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

I picked up Deadpool for 90 CP. Was surprised.

(As far as my in-game progress, I'm on Task 24 of Spec Ops 5.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

I even bought Tigra on her first day for 90 CP, but if Deadpool costs more than that for me (can't check yet), I'll pass. :)