Page 359 of 822 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 12325

I used Tacticians Emma and Strange, Scrapper Agent, with Signpost, Scroll of Melsalam, Faulteater, and Magnetic Shield Generator. Spammed Signpost every round, even though I hate it and think it's cheap. If there was any chance Emma could stun the enemy Agent and deny his/her first turn, I sent her out to try. Basically played the ugly damage-over-time game while trying to keep everyone alive until the other team fell down.

I tried Hoarfrost Mace for a while, but all of the Ghost Riders kept killing me.

Late in the game, in the higher ranks, I saw a lot of Grey Suit Widows (Tacticians with the Infiltrator bonus). Mockingbird is getting less popular, and I didn't see many Caps either. Emma is perennial.
    Last edited by chariset; 12-10-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    I used Tacticians Emma and Strange, Scrapper Agent, with Signpost, Scroll of Melsalam, Faulteater, and Magnetic Shield Generator. Spammed Signpost every round, even though I hate it and think it's cheap. If there was any chance Emma could stun the enemy Agent and deny his/her first turn, I sent her out to try. Basically played the ugly damage-over-time game while trying to keep everyone alive until the other team fell down.

I tried Hoarfrost Mace for a while, but all of the Ghost Riders kept killing me.

Late in the game, in the higher ranks, I saw a lot of Grey Suit Widows (Tacticians with the Infiltrator bonus). Mockingbird is getting less popular, and I didn't see many Caps either. Emma is perennial.
    Yeah, must say I noticed very few Mockingbirds at all. Cap was ever-present, but as a bruiser.

Emma's stun-kick has been ruined, it barely stuns half of the time now, but she's STILL the best character by a mile. I predict Playdom selling her for 300cp at their next sale, seriously.

I also scored Cable after a last ditch rally of attacks! I fought my last battle at 1758 and went 2/5 on my last defenses to end at 1706, ranked 2789.

Up until this weekend I was using Tactician Phoenix Emma and GR on Defense, with a Generalist Agent using Coulson's (just for the co-op bonus), QJ, and any combination of a high-damage single-turn weapon and a buff (i.e., Pinion and Signpost, Screamer and Gamma Gadget).

Two days ago I switched my two items to Hoarfrost and Soulfinder (also played with Sinflayer for the bleed, but the counter + sin won out) and dumped Emma for Alt Strange because bonus turns are your friend, as are heals. After experimenting a bit on Sunday, I discovered I won many more defenses with him as a Blaster as a Tactician - probably because he wasn't triggering Combat Reflexes with his Vapors and was protected from most Tactician double-hits. Also, there were a ton of Bruisers in the 1-4% range.

It was a little slower on offense than my Emma team thanks to the lack of Tap and Anguish, but having two characters who can't die plus a multi-turn taking healer is a pretty solid team. Not coincidentally, this was also the team I encountered the most today, making for some brutal (and LONG) fights.

Towards the end when I was fighting people in the top .1% I suddenly hit a TON of Quicksilver, Grey Suit Widow, and Alt Scrapper Shadowcat after not seeing any of them in for days. Unsure if that means they were the teams of champions or if that's just what people were using for their end-run. There were still a ton of Emmas, but now that she can be afflicted for more than one turn with status effects she falls pretty quickly to a debuffing team.

I never fought a single Deadpool.

What do people think is headed for a nerf based on this season?

I full expect Ghost Rider's Vengeance and Penance to get a slight nerf in the off-season. Iif he fought someone with extra turns and/or double-hits he could be >5 Vengeance in round one and easily one-shot anyone - and it sounds like Playdom is trying to get away from that.

Also, I could see the threshold for Strange's principalities going up to 4 energies or the chance for them to spawn lessened so he doesn't get a free action on every turn.
    Last edited by krisis; 12-10-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I also scored Cable after a last ditch rally of attacks! I fought my last battle at 1758 and went 2/5 on my last defenses to end at 1706, ranked 2789.

Up until this weekend I was using Tactician Phoenix Emma and GR on Defense, with a Generalist Agent using Coulson's (just for the co-op bonus), QJ, and any combination of a high-damage single-turn weapon and a buff (i.e., Pinion and Signpost, Screamer and Gamma Gadget).

Two days ago I switched my two items to Hoarfrost and Soulfinder (also played with Sinflayer for the bleed, but the counter + sin won out) and dumped Emma for Alt Strange because bonus turns are your friend, as are heals. After experimenting a bit on Sunday, I discovered I won many more defenses with him as a Blaster as a Tactician - probably because he wasn't triggering Combat Reflexes with his Vapors and was protected from most Tactician double-hits. Also, there were a ton of Bruisers in the 1-4% range.

It was a little slower on offense than my Emma team thanks to the lack of Tap and Anguish, but having two characters who can't die plus a multi-turn taking healer is a pretty solid team. Not coincidentally, this was also the team I encountered the most today, making for some brutal (and LONG) fights.

Towards the end when I was fighting people in the top .1% I suddenly hit a TON of Quicksilver, Grey Suit Widow, and Alt Scrapper Shadowcat after not seeing any of them in for days. Unsure if that means they were the teams of champions or if that's just what people were using for their end-run. There were still a ton of Emmas, but now that she can be afflicted for more than one turn with status effects she falls pretty quickly to a debuffing team.

What do people think is headed for a nerf based on this season?

I full expect Ghost Rider's Vengeance and Penance to get a slight nerf in the off-season. Iif he fought someone with extra turns and/or double-hits he could be >5 Vengeance in round one and easily one-shot anyone - and it sounds like Playdom is trying to get away from that.

Also, I could see the threshold for Strange's principalities going up to 4 energies or the chance for them to spawn lessened so he doesn't get a free action on every turn.
    I must say, I noticed a few grey suit Black Widows, too, and though she is fairly easily despatched, if she dioes a widowmaker followed by flying kick on you it can be brutal!

I dunno what could be nerfed other than infernal contract. I think most other abilities for all characters have been moderated quite nicely. It would be nice to get rid of Cosmic Power, but then Emma would be mostly useless. People like Storm and Dr Strange...Yes they have some wildly good powers, and people could cry for a nerf, but they are so weak defensively that I think it's only fair their offensive moves are a little over-powered.

Maybe some buffs for Luke Cage, Wolverine, She-Hulk and Nightcrawler rather than nerfs for other characters would be good.

I wish I had seen how strong is Tact Doc. last week , I could have managed to stay in Vibranium League.
    But it's ok , the weapon seems useful, and I really needed that gold and silver. Finally my Tact Doc. is training to be level 9.
    2-3 days more , and I will get Valkyrie! Yay!
    Guys I need a couple advices. This is my roster:
    Level 10: Bruiser Human Torch
    Level 9: Hercules
    Level 9: FF Invisible Woman (Infiltrator)
    Level 9: Tactican Dr. Strange
    Level 8: FF Spider-Man (Infiltrator)
    Level 8: Ghost Rider
    Level 7: War Machine
    Level 7: Ms. Marvel
    Level 6: Luke Cage
    Level 6: Hawkeye
    Level 6: Iron Man
    Level 6: Iron Fist
    Level 6: Wolverine
    Level 5: Mr. Fantastic
    Level 4: Phoenix
    Level 4: Black Widow
    Level 3: Black Cat
    Level 2: Storm
    I am level 79. So I'm pretty weak for a 79 level player. Every enemy I face has more than 20 characters at least -.-
    I'm using: Quantum Jumper , Signpost , Nanite Inductive Nailgun , Hoarfrost Mace and I'm generalist.
    I'm thinking about buying Quicksilver , Captain America and Beast but you tell me!
    I need some advices :)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I wish I had seen how strong is Tact Doc. last week , I could have managed to stay in Vibranium League.
    But it's ok , the weapon seems useful, and I really needed that gold and silver. Finally my Tact Doc. is training to be level 9.
    2-3 days more , and I will get Valkyrie! Yay!
    Guys I need a couple advices. This is my roster:
    Level 10: Bruiser Human Torch
    Level 9: Hercules
    Level 9: FF Invisible Woman (Infiltrator)
    Level 9: Tactican Dr. Strange
    Level 8: FF Spider-Man (Infiltrator)
    Level 8: Ghost Rider
    Level 7: War Machine
    Level 7: Ms. Marvel
    Level 6: Luke Cage
    Level 6: Hawkeye
    Level 6: Iron Man
    Level 6: Iron Fist
    Level 6: Wolverine
    Level 5: Mr. Fantastic
    Level 4: Phoenix
    Level 4: Black Widow
    Level 3: Black Cat
    Level 2: Storm
    I am level 79. So I'm pretty weak for a 79 level player. Every enemy I face has more than 20 characters at least -.-
    I'm using: Quantum Jumper , Signpost , Nanite Inductive Nailgun , Hoarfrost Mace and I'm generalist.
    I'm thinking about buying Quicksilver , Captain America and Beast but you tell me!
    I need some advices :)
    I would invest in Quicksilver. Stealth attacks + garaunteed first two turns is golden. Beast, in my opinion, is really poor. He has one good move and that's it. Cap is amazing, though. In PvE moreso thatn PvP now, but definitely worth having.

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Trenchfoot View Post
    I must say, I noticed a few grey suit Black Widows, too, and though she is fairly easily despatched, if she dioes a widowmaker followed by flying kick on you it can be brutal!

I dunno what could be nerfed other than infernal contract. I think most other abilities for all characters have been moderated quite nicely. It would be nice to get rid of Cosmic Power, but then Emma would be mostly useless. People like Storm and Dr Strange...Yes they have some wildly good powers, and people could cry for a nerf, but they are so weak defensively that I think it's only fair their offensive moves are a little over-powered.

Maybe some buffs for Luke Cage, Wolverine, She-Hulk and Nightcrawler rather than nerfs for other characters would be good.
    A nice compromise for Cosmic Power would be to make Unlock Potential a quick action for P5 suit only. I wish there was some way to make everything in the game more tactical... HOPING your P5 ability or Avengers coordinated ability will trigger is such a pain. And of course the computer's ALWAYS triggers in PvP.

Storm, Ghost Rider and Dr. Strange feel so much more DEPENDABLE than the Avengers or P5 suits.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I did 400+ attacks and fought ONE.

I am in no hurry to buy him either with that high price tag and... was it 4 or 5 other scrappers I am leveling up?

I think it would be great if NO ONE bought him. Playdom would probably lower the price. There are too many rabid spenders/rabid Deadpool fans, though.

No offense is meant to any rabid spenders or rabid Deadpool fans who may inhabit the forum. I'm not trying to offend anyone. Please don't bite me. :)
    Marvel game addict

Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    I did 400+ attacks and fought ONE.

I am in no hurry to buy him either with that high price tag and... was it 4 or 5 other scrappers I am leveling up?

I think it would be great if NO ONE bought him. Playdom would probably lower the price. There are too many rabid spenders/rabid Deadpool fans, though.

No offense is meant to any rabid spenders or rabid Deadpool fans who may inhabit the forum. I'm not trying to offend anyone. Please don't bite me. :)
    Haha...I am a reformed rabid spender, but rabid Deadpool fans deserve abuse.

I fought him 3 times out of 430+ battles. He's nothing special at all. I've got 110 CP at present, but I won't be spending any money to get more for Deadpool, I'll just wait and save.

I hope they don't nerf Strange. He's been playing second-fiddle to Scarlet Witch and Magik for so long that his current powerhouse status is only his due. I know he's 23 CP and they're 90/Spec Ops, but Playdom seems to be easing up on the CP = strength of the character connection.

Unless Pool is required for the next special ops.

Well, have a feeling Son of Satan is coming up as a buy. All our most recent non PvP heroes have been magic related.

Ghost Rider, Magik, Valkyrie, and Tigra. Yeah seeing Son of Satan soon.

But where is Havok?
    Currently Reading:
    Avengers, UXM, UA, NA, YA, AA, SSM, Hawkguy, Fearless Defenders,WaTXM, ANXM

Quick Cable thoughts:

For those who did not read up on the Patch Notes last week, Cable has a 2nd tier of four powers that are all mental - the story element being that if he relinquishes his mental control of the TO virus ravaging his body he can use his mental powers. The powers are accessed via Cables special "Not-Recharge" ability called TO Overdrive. There is no way to see any of his 2nd tier of Mental actions outside of a battle - they're not represented on his gear screen in any way I can see and you can't see them in a fight until they turn on.

When you get below a certain amount of Stamina you can select Cable's special Not-Recharge quick action ability (interesting side effect - this means he has no way to skip a turn). Also, if your Stamina falls below a certain threshold after the actions of your turn, you are automatically placed in TO Overdrive mode. While you are in that mode, you take damage every turn - SCARY for PVP purposes since you can't control when it kicks in and you can't skip taking an action, but it doesn't seem like much.

Each one of his mental-side attacks does super-minor damage - under 80 for the first one for me near L150. However, they all have amazing status effects - including MIND CONTROL! - associated with them, and each returns a set amount of Stamina equal to the Stamina cost of their corresponding normal attack. They have different cooldown times than their corresponding normal attacks.

When you have enough Stamina, Cable is auto-punted back to his normal attack set. No idea if giving him Stamina by some external means would have the same effect.

It's altogether pretty peculiar mechanic, and it's hard to visualize how it will work in higher level play. His first power is high damage, his tech powers seem pretty strong overall, and they do crazy buff/debuff effects (no-avoidance, EVERY TURN distraction for ALL & mirror image, migraine & off-balance, extra turns for teammates!).

However, at low levels he is going to need a lot of protection due to constantly jumping over to TO mode and losing health all the while. Also, his first power has the highest Stamina cost/recharge, so it's not like things are going to get any quicker or easier on the recharge front as his levels go up. Finally, given the nature of his power it's a bit of a waste that he doesn't have a Desperation attack.

PS: His personal shield seems to spawn at about 15% of total HP and lasts for a round.
    Last edited by krisis; 12-10-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Well - my defense lost 30 straight fights and knocked me all the way down to silver league

I was not about to take a day off to play the game and I cannot access it at work so I was pretty much screwed from the get go.

For the record...I hate PvP.

That is all

But I do want to send my congrats out to those who got Cable - kudos!
    Never Surrender

For information on the Classic Marvel and DC Figurine Collections by Eaglemoss
    http://www.superherofigurineforum.com

The Random Task Assignment Gods want me to win 6 PvP battles. Shhhyeah right.

I'm still amazed I was able to get into Adamantium League and stay there. I was certain the really big guns were going to all come in during the last day and flatten everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    The Random Task Assignment Gods want me to win 6 PvP battles. Shhhyeah right.

I'm still amazed I was able to get into Adamantium League and stay there. I was certain the really big guns were going to all come in during the last day and flatten everyone.
    Apparently your guns were big enough. :)

You know who should have two tiers of abilities? Emma Frost. If she goes diamond, she can't use psychic... and vice-versa. If they're going to open that can of worms with Cable, it makes sense that they do it with Emma too... if they can do it in a way that makes sense and is balanced. Something like phased where switching makes you a bit vulnerable.
    Marvel game addict