Page 323 of 822 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373423 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 12323
    did it all for the cookie Chamber Rat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrinnyWesker View Post
    I'm getting pretty tired of fighting Future Foundation every round in PVP. Is it just me or does absolutely everyone run a team with Torch in it?
    I have an excuse though! As of right now, Johnny's my best character (still waiting on Hellstrom to be released so I can know whether or not to spend these CPs burning a hole in my pocket) and, when used right, is annoying to fight because he dodges and/or counters everything, then turns around and heals himself. Thankfully I'm nowhere near a high enough level to encounter Emma or Mockingbird or anyone of the sort; I mostly just run with Torch and alternate between Ms. Marvel (if I'm feeling lucky and hopeful that a Tac doesn't show up on the other team) or Black Widow. Say what you will about her. She can't take a punch worth a damn, true, but she doesn't miss many attacks and her ability to remove buffs is v. useful.

On a totally unrelated note, will Emma ever be released for CP purchase? I understand if they don't release the P5 costumes, as that was a specific tie-in with AvX, but I'd love to have even just original flavor Emma. She's one of my favorite characters and it pains me not to have her on my team.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinnyWesker View Post
    I'm getting pretty tired of fighting Future Foundation every round in PVP. Is it just me or does absolutely everyone run a team with Torch in it?
    Yes we do.

Or the counter team I just ran into with an Inf agent, Cap and Ghost Rider. Worst possible combination for me.

Course he also had like 50g slotted.

I dont understand why people are playing PvP?

It's almost impossible to win the hero unless you spend out and, beyond the gold, none of the other rewards seem worth all the stress and bitching about it.

The fun wore off quickly in the last tournament and it really didnt come back.

Beast, now at level 6, is so much fun to play. Very glad I invested the 90CP in him rather than Wolverine.
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post

It's almost impossible to win the hero unless you spend out and, beyond the gold, none of the other rewards seem worth all the stress and bitching about it.

Beast, now at level 6, is so much fun to play. Very glad I invested the 90CP in him rather than Wolverine.

I've always hated PVP yet get drawn in while energy recharges.

You are right; the last tourney was awful. The fun has indeed worn off. It is a grind. I'm bored so I've been trying new combos but it really isn't worth it.

Quicksilver isn't 90 CP and is worth it. Counter, damage all party and evade. SO fun.

I love FF Johnny with either FF Sue or Ben. Sue is preferable. Ben and Sue is funny together. No damage. Just stonewall spam. LOL.
    Currently Reading:
    Avengers, UXM, UA, NA, YA, AA, SSM, Hawkguy, Fearless Defenders,WaTXM, ANXM

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

I agree with most of the thoughts on the characters out there, but have a few departure points...
    • I like Thing, at least for PvE: he can eat up so much damage with Stonewall, and get a bunch of extra turns. In a turn-based game, this is quite nice. I tend to keep my characters in their initial classes (for one thing, it's cheaper), so I have never been brave enough to try him in PvP.
    • I think Black Panther should have a bit more love, especially now that the Panther Stance is a quick action. I have been running him against Mephisto/Baron Mordo and he is tearing it up. I don't think it is boring when he ignores shields/defense like a blaster, does a follow-up attack that stacks up bleeds like a scrapper, counter-attacks like an infiltrator, and has the ability to remove many buffs. As long as there is one blaster around to give him a little nudge, I think he is fun to play in PvE. I don't think he'll show up in PvP because if the opponent doesn't have a blaster, he may take a bit too long to get rocking. But I haven't tried that either.

So I am currently trying to get Quicksilver, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, and Luke Cage leveled up... Magik still needs to go into training to unlock her last attack, too. There are so many scrappers!

And I bet Tigra will be a scrapper, too. What else would she be? Maybe an infiltrator? Obviously not a blaster, probably not a tactician or a bruiser.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

PvP is an odd duck... I would guess that the more folks spend on it, the more frustrating it will be for them to lose. I'm hanging out in the top 1% or so, so I will whittle away at it. I'm not going to lose any sleep if I don't get Cable, and it provides an interesting topic of conversation as well. I won the power armor last time around and have enjoyed using it, though the weapon is basically a plastic trophy (nice PvP boost, but I feel like someone will post on here the trick that makes it work or something so I haven't socketed it yet). The fact that no one here won Deadpool is a testament to the difficulty of achieving that goal.

Grinding out some of the missions can also start to feel old in this game... we are all probably a little crazy for playing it as much as we do, PvE or PvP. It seems like Playdom is working pretty hard on some things to keep the game moving and fresh, but I wonder what will happen to their player base with Marvel Heroes looming on the horizon. It seems like if Gazillion hits a home run (or even a double) with MH, that Playdom might take quite a hit as most players will be hard-pressed to keep up with two time-consuming games... something will have to give.
    Marvel game addict

I'm only in it for the money and the gold but there is always the vain hope that I might end up higher than that. I guess that's what keeps me trudging through it. That and the little bit of bonus experience every day. I won't lie, I do think its the absolute worst aspect of the game.

I'm just in it for the gold. I have no hope whatsoever of moving above gold level, so that works for me. For the most part, I only play it as a time waster while waiting on the last few minutes of research or flight deck or what-have-you. As someone else pointed out, though, it's also nice to get the little XP boost.

If I were at a higher level, I imagine I'd spend more gold (and by extension, real money) on the game. Then I can imagine being stressed out about it. Otherwise, I'm like you. I don't really get the fuss about it; unless you've got a vested interest or you're very competitive by nature, I don't see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    I wonder what will happen to their player base with Marvel Heroes looming on the horizon. It seems like if Gazillion hits a home run (or even a double) with MH, that Playdom might take quite a hit as most players will be hard-pressed to keep up with two time-consuming games... something will have to give.
    I am both incredibly excited for and worried about MH. Excited because...well, it looks like a lot of fun. I like Diablo and I like MMOs; combining the two and throwing in a bunch of my favorite superheroes is like geek heaven to me. I'm worried though because I finally got sucked into SHSO last month and I very quickly developed an addiction. I don't know if I need yet another Marvel game to obsess over.

As for how Playdom will do, I don't know. I think there will obviously be a big overlap with the customer base, but from what I understand of MH, these are two very different beasts. MAA involves a lot of waiting (for energy to rebuild, for remote ops from the flight deck, for research, for training) so a lot of people probably play it in bursts already. That downtime would be a great chance to catch up on MH.

Unrelated, but does anyone here have the Blade of the Guardian? I can't justify parting with 64 gold, but it does look mighty nifty. Thoughts on it?

Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

Just fought Deadpool in PvP. Kudos to Playdom: they've managed to make him as annoying as he is in the comics. I'll never understand the Deadpool love...

Quote Originally Posted by Chamber Rat View Post
    I am both incredibly excited for and worried about MH. Excited because...well, it looks like a lot of fun. I like Diablo and I like MMOs; combining the two and throwing in a bunch of my favorite superheroes is like geek heaven to me. I'm worried though because I finally got sucked into SHSO last month and I very quickly developed an addiction. I don't know if I need yet another Marvel game to obsess over.

As for how Playdom will do, I don't know. I think there will obviously be a big overlap with the customer base, but from what I understand of MH, these are two very different beasts. MAA involves a lot of waiting (for energy to rebuild, for remote ops from the flight deck, for research, for training) so a lot of people probably play it in bursts already. That downtime would be a great chance to catch up on MH.
    The thing with SHSO is that there is no waiting to level up or to get energy... you can only really get "stuck" if you don't have enough funds to get a new hero and all of your others are at max level.

Unrelated, but does anyone here have the Blade of the Guardian? I can't justify parting with 64 gold, but it does look mighty nifty. Thoughts on it?
    Definitely a gold weapon... ran into it in PvP and it was a bit of a bear to overcome. It basically makes the agent into a mini-Hercules (like the hex wand makes a mini-SW). The protect and counter-attack is annoying to go up against and earned the agent using it the right to go down first.
    Marvel game addict

Quote Originally Posted by John Trenchfoot View Post
    Just fought Deadpool in PvP. Kudos to Playdom: they've managed to make him as annoying as he is in the comics. I'll never understand the Deadpool love...
    Well, I guess that is saying something.

You are running with the big dogs if you are encountering Deadpool... hang in there.

I know that a lot of you guys on this forum avoid PvP... should we maybe start another thread? They really could be handled separately pretty well, I think.

I have a hypothesis that you can only be attacked once per hour for PvP. See what you think.
    Marvel game addict

BANNED

Man, having all your characters fill their XP bars is such a tedious wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    Well, I guess that is saying something.

You are running with the big dogs if you are encountering Deadpool... hang in there.

I know that a lot of you guys on this forum avoid PvP... should we maybe start another thread? They really could be handled separately pretty well, I think.

I have a hypothesis that you can only be attacked once per hour for PvP. See what you think.
    Not true unfortunetly. I lost 70 points in 20 minutes -.-