Page 322 of 822 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 12322
    Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    It wasn't even a fight.
    Alas, it seems PvP rarely is... much more common to have a one-sided battle.

EDIT: seems like the more battles you do, the more consistent and even it gets...
    Last edited by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle; 11-17-2012 at 06:14 AM.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

PvP now a lot more interesting. Harder to win, but that's okay, as long as I finish in gold league I'm happy. Just fought Iron Fist in a fight! That's not happened for about a year!

Omniversal Dominatrix. The Scarlet Witch's Avatar

What do you guys think the chances are of former spec ops characters eventually being released to everyone?

I started playing just after Spec ops one, and everytime I see Mockingbird it drives me up the wall with how bad I want her!

Quote Originally Posted by The Scarlet Witch View Post
    What do you guys think the chances are of former spec ops characters eventually being released to everyone?

I started playing just after Spec ops one, and everytime I see Mockingbird it drives me up the wall with how bad I want her!
    LOL, tell me about it, I started playing at the end of Spec Ops "AvX", I was foaming at the mouth because I couldn't get Magik!
    Anyway, just as my Spec Ops 4 was picking up speed, I depleted my Isos. What a lame way to end things. Are there ways to get them other than constantly sending them as free gifts to my not-so-active allies hoping they send them back (which I'm constantly doing, btw)?

Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Mind View Post
    LOL, tell me about it, I started playing at the end of Spec Ops "AvX", I was foaming at the mouth because I couldn't get Magik!
    Anyway, just as my Spec Ops 4 was picking up speed, I depleted my Isos. What a lame way to end things. Are there ways to get them other than constantly sending them as free gifts to my not-so-active allies hoping they send them back (which I'm constantly doing, btw)?
    Unstable ISOs can come from -
    Winning via Roulette (Daily or Finishing Missions in Spec Ops)
    Purchase w/ Gold Trade
    Daily Gifts
    Random Item Drops in Battle
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

During the last Spec Ops I got pretty poor roulette items from the daily roulette, but when there were only a few days to go it started giving me shed-loads of ISOs....Obviously, I wouldn't bank on that, but it could happen this time too.

Sounds like you need some new allies... you play on Playdom, right? I think most of the regulars on here play on Facebook.

Back before I discovered CBR I used to use my wife's Facebook account to constantly send ISO back and forth to my main account. You may be able to create a dummy Playdom account with another email address and gift yourself back and forth if you can't find any legit allies.

I know it's a bit of a pain, but it helps you weather the tide until you find a good support team.
    Marvel game addict

Quote Originally Posted by John Trenchfoot View Post
    During the last Spec Ops I got pretty poor roulette items from the daily roulette, but when there were only a few days to go it started giving me shed-loads of ISOs....Obviously, I wouldn't bank on that, but it could happen this time too.
    That also happened to me... perhaps we are also conspiracy theorists, but it really seems like most of the prize-related aspects of this game are not random. I'm starting to think that Cosmic Power isn't random either, as my opponents in PvP seem to get it a LOT more than I do...

Got into Vibranium league today... seems like part of the strategy with PvP might be ingraining yourself into the higher leagues early on, as it seems you can only have so many defenses. Now that I am getting a bit higher I am starting to lose an occasional attack, though. Some of my allies are in Adamantium already... I can't imagine the patience. Anyway, just doing 5 attacks a day doesn't seem like the best move if you want to keep a high rating.
    Marvel game addict

It's probably been asked before, but who are everyone's favorite and least favorite heroes to play in the game? You can break it down to PVP and regular play.

Favorite:
    Quicksilver: not a strong character, but great fun with his speed - 48 CP
    Scarlet Witch: very fun character and her hex powers give her an advantage - 90 CP
    Gambit: like the character a lot and has great skill set - 90 CP
    Rogue: very versatile with her power drain - 90 CP
    Ms. Marvel: a favorite character and really fun to play - 15 CP
    Storm: fun character and good powers - 48 CP
    Hercules: great overall play - 90 CP
    Beast: great overall play - 90 CP
    Human Torch: very fun to play, although last power is a little suicide - 33 CP
    Kitty Pryde: great Shadowcat costume benefits - 23 CP
    Invisible Woman: FF costume has great benefits - 15 CP
    Dr. Strange: alternate Tactician costume makes him better - 23 CP
    Colossus: P5 costume gives great benefits - 23 CP
    White Queen: great first power really kills - Special Ops 2
    She-Hulk: lots of fun to play - 15 CP
    Iron Man: fun to play - recruited at the beginning
    Cyclops: mostly fun to play - 15 CP
    Thor: fun to play - 90 CP
    War Machine: fun to play - 48 CP
    Captain America: fun to play - 90 CP

Least Favorite:
    Hawkeye: kinda boring - 1 CP
    Black Cat: very boring - 23 CP
    Spider Woman: kinda boring - 33 CP
    Ghost Rider: cool character, but don't feel he'll be a character people will playing much - Special Ops 4
    Sif: great powers, but still boring - 23 CP
    Daredevil: very boring - 48 CP
    Wolverine: for a very tough character, he pretty much sucks here - 90 CP
    Luke Cage: very boring - 23 CP
    Black Widow: boring power set - recruited at the beginning
    Black Panther: boring power set - 90 CP
    Mr. Fantastic: kinda boring - 33 CP
    Thing: very boring - 33 CP
    Nightcrawler: they really did a disservice to him here, can't even play him he's so bad - 48 CP

Other:
    Phoenix: love the character so much, but she is so weak here - 48 CP
    Hulk: fun character, but don't play him much here - 90 CP
    Iron Fist: fun character, but don't play him much here - 15 CP
    Spider-Man: fun character in his alt, but don't play him very much - 90 CP
    Magik: fun to play, but waiting for her alt costume - Special Ops 3
    Mockingbird: great character, wish I had her - Special Ops 1
    Deadpool: fun character, don't have - PVP Season 1
    Cable: fun character, don't have - PVP Season 2

Wish that most of the new characters would not be 90 Cps, but it looks like that is the new normal. Maybe they could release 2 at a time for 33 each - like if they are a pair for instance when they put out two X-Men or two Avengers. What are your thoughts?
    Please check out the links for my new series People you Know.

www.facebook.com/peopleyouknow

www.peopleyouknow.tv

I just used the Tony Stark summon....distress call even, and Cable showed up.

One hit from his big gun got a crit hit and did over 6000 damage. He very nearly one shot killed Dormammu!

I would never win him if I actually played PVP for him, but he certainly seems like a beast of a character damage wise
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

Speaking of Beasts, I just fought a high-level one. Wow. Mockingbird-killer much?

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go level up Hank McCoy as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Speaking of Beasts, I just fought a high-level one. Wow. Mockingbird-killer much?

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go level up Hank McCoy as quickly as possible.
    This is my plan as well!

My thoughts on the heroes...

PVP team -- Phoenix costume Emma and Mockingbird. I know everyone uses them, but there's a reason for that. If you don't have them and you meet a team that does, they'll absolutely school you. Moc particularly likes it when the enemy Cap or Emma is a Tactician, since that means she can switch to Infiltrator and get right past Cap's shield after the first attack. If Tactical Insight triggers, she can sometimes take Emma or Cap out in the first round.

Other heroes

Scarlet Witch -- seeing an enemy team hit with a lot of debuffs never gets old.
    Magik -- not much damage, but the chance to roast an opponent AFTER the main attack is always nice.
    Cap (movie costume Tactician) -- what can you say? He's a supersoldier. Just send him out. He can do it all.
    Black Panther -- don't use him much, but he's occasionally the best hero for the job
    Rogue -- same. And I HATE seeing her in PvP
    Gambit -- not bad as an Infiltrator, but I'd love to see him cross-classed to a Bruiser
    Doctor Strange (alt costume Tactician) -- My boy. After being completely outclassed by other magic users, he's finally getting his long-overdue upgrade. He's still very low on endurance, health, and defense, though
    Hercules -- If you set him up right (i.e. against a bunch of Scrapper Mindless Ones), you can go take a break. He'll polish them off for you.
    Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye (movie costumes) -- not bad, but not great. There's no real reason to play them over others except for the Coordinated Attack/Cooperative Defense bonus
    Nightcrawler, Luke Cage, Cyclops, Spider-Man -- ugh. Using them in battle is just tedious. Spidey and Nightcrawler in particular have long attack animations which get old fast
    Iron Fist -- a disappointment. His healing ability is okay, but it costs a turn. Maybe his costume upgrade will help.
    Hulk (WWH Bruiser) -- Want something smashed? Send Hulk.
    Thor (movie costume Bruiser) -- Hits HARD, but he takes a while to get going
    She-Hulk -- hits hard and fast, and looks great while doing it, but there's no real reason to play her once you have her cousin.
    Colossus (Phoenix costume Bruiser) -- Another character whom I use only when he's absolutely right for the job
    Black Cat -- Nothing to say, good or bad. Scratchy?
    Daredevil -- His Radar Sense used to be a game-changer but he's overshadowed now. We'll see what his alt costume does
    Human Torch (Annihilus Blaster) -- Fun to play, but his damage is so random he's not my go-to Blaster
    Kitty Pryde, Sif (alt costume Scrappers) -- two cases where the alt costume completely redeems the character. I'll always want to bring Sif along when a Scrapper is needed, and who doesn't like purple dragons?
    Invisible Woman, Mr. Fantastic -- I'll play them when I need to, but they're not my favorites. I'm told Sue can be deadly in her alt costume, though
    Ms. Marvel, Phoenix, Storm -- three other Blasters I don't play much.
    Spider-Woman -- *yawn*
    Thing, War Machine, Wolverine -- *sigh*
    Quicksilver -- he and Wolverine are the two 90 CP heroes I've thought were overpriced. Extra turns don't make up for his lengthy attack animations and his low damage
    Ghost Rider -- still leveling him up. He's ANNOYING in PvP though, since you have to kill him four or five times before he stays down
    Beast -- will be an unorthodox yet great fighter once I get him up to Level 9. The leveling process is tedious, though
    Deadpool, Cable -- don't have.
    Last edited by chariset; 11-17-2012 at 12:45 PM.

I have the alt Sue costume and I will say it does help make the character much more usable

Anyone pick up Blade of the Guardian yet - looks like an interesting weapon
    Never Surrender

For information on the Classic Marvel and DC Figurine Collections by Eaglemoss
    http://www.superherofigurineforum.com

I'm getting pretty tired of fighting Future Foundation every round in PVP. Is it just me or does absolutely everyone run a team with Torch in it?