Page 321 of 820 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 12300
  1. #4801
    did it all for the cookie Chamber Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    in a pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goosey13 View Post
    Having a lot of luck playing with Torch and Sue in their alt costumes in PVP if you wan't a competitive team there.
    AARGH. I keep running into this combo. I take original flavor Torch with me so he can usually make quick work of Bruiser!Torch, but still. Sue's always either constantly Force Caging me or constantly putting her own team behind force fields. ugh.

    The worst I've encountered, though, was FF!Sue and Scarlet Witch. Laaaawdy. I'd never faced SW before so I only had a vague idea what to expect. Now I'm terrified of her, esp. if I see her in combination with IW again. It was like a nonstop debuff/healing/shield party and nothing I did made the least bit of difference.

    Also had my first run-in with Quicksilver (I'm still a newb, remember). Man, he's an annoying little twerp, isn't he?

    Strange is making a few appearances as well. Still can't take a punch, but he's a lot more dangerous to face now. Freaking BANE, ugh. I haven't noticed his new shield passive in play yet.

    Still cracking up at HT's Nova Blast, because it has yet to accomplish anything but being a flashy suicide tactic. Does come in handy, though, when my Torch and the opponent's Torch have been hurling fire at each other and healing back and forth for ten minutes, then the other Torch apparently decides to just call it quits.

  2. #4802
    Senior Member baltiroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    Thinking about getting about the new Dr. Strange costume, but not sure if I want to get the Tactician or the regular one. If anyone who has either one could give me a bit of advise. Thanks in advance. Highly anticipating getting Deadpool when he's available (did anyone here actually win him in PVP) and Tigra as well.
    Please check out the links for my new series People you Know.

    www.facebook.com/peopleyouknow

    www.peopleyouknow.tv

  3. #4803
    Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    Thinking about getting about the new Dr. Strange costume, but not sure if I want to get the Tactician or the regular one. If anyone who has either one could give me a bit of advise. Thanks in advance. Highly anticipating getting Deadpool when he's available (did anyone here actually win him in PVP) and Tigra as well.
    With tactician you get even more free turns (against blasters anyway). I used Strange tac against a team of blasters and got four turns in one go! Depends if you have lots of other high quality blasters/tacs, but I'm loving him as a tactician.

  4. #4804
    Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Middle of the mitt!
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Trenchfoot View Post
    With tactician you get even more free turns (against blasters anyway). I used Strange tac against a team of blasters and got four turns in one go! Depends if you have lots of other high quality blasters/tacs, but I'm loving him as a tactician.
    Either way he is an excellent value per CP. I don't suppose there's much chance that Playdom will scale back the prices of other alt costumes, but when I saw 21 CP for his blaster suit I was very pleasantly surprised!

    In contrast, Ms. Marvel's alt suit costs more than twice as much as her recruitment!
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

  5. #4805
    Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    Either way he is an excellent value per CP. I don't suppose there's much chance that Playdom will scale back the prices of other alt costumes, but when I saw 21 CP for his blaster suit I was very pleasantly surprised!

    In contrast, Ms. Marvel's alt suit costs more than twice as much as her recruitment!
    Good tip re CP: I dunno if it's just me, or just coincidence, but I've replayed the Dr Strange premium mission about 20 times in 3 days and every single time I've gotten 3CP. Which, obviously is great, but I'm actually after the dark sigil :(

  6. #4806
    X-Fan & Rocker krisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    3,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goosey13 View Post
    You could get Strange and his Tac alt and still have enough left over for a cheaper hero. As for 90 cp bruisers. Herc is a very effective and fun to play.

    Having a lot of luck playing with Torch and Sue in their alt costumes in PVP if you wan't a competitive team there.
    I was using Sue for a while, but she was getting shredded when the AI played my team on defense. Even slotted out for heavy damage the machine didn't seem to know how to win with her. Maybe HT is high enough damage to make it work while also getting protected by the Reactive Shields. I'd love to know what your defense numbers look like.

    I'm still looking for the ultimate Defense team. Astonishing Colossus made a pretty strong case for his inclusion last season, since his auto-on protect meant you needed special abilities to touch the other two team members.

  7. #4807
    Senior Member Legion_Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    3,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Trenchfoot View Post
    Good tip re CP: I dunno if it's just me, or just coincidence, but I've replayed the Dr Strange premium mission about 20 times in 3 days and every single time I've gotten 3CP. Which, obviously is great, but I'm actually after the dark sigil :(
    I'm the same. It's an awesome level for levelling heroes, but despite playing it now for a good two weeks, I still dont have the Sigil or the Ring thing.
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

  8. #4808
    Senior Member hulahulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    I still haven't received those weapons, either. Although I have leveled up heroes and built up my CP. It's much easier to beat Dormammu with the new Doc Strange uniform.

  9. #4809
    Junior Member goosey13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I was using Sue for a while, but she was getting shredded when the AI played my team on defense. Even slotted out for heavy damage the machine didn't seem to know how to win with her. Maybe HT is high enough damage to make it work while also getting protected by the Reactive Shields. I'd love to know what your defense numbers look like.

    I'm still looking for the ultimate Defense team. Astonishing Colossus made a pretty strong case for his inclusion last season, since his auto-on protect meant you needed special abilities to touch the other two team members.
    Yeah I'm not sure exactly how many of my 62 losses came on defense, but not many came on offense. Not that I haven't got wrecked here and there, a blaster Thor tore through my team with one lighting blast earlier. But 7 out of ten times Sue hits a Tact, Johnny sets stuff on fire and my tact agent hides behind shields and debuffs/buffs himself with a hex wand and we figure out whose the biggest threat and pick em off. Well enough to be hovering at 0.3%.

    I've also gained as much as 50 ranks on defense. Tough I would take suggestions for putting together a strong defensive team.

    Also, I'm now the proud pappy of a Ghostie.

  10. #4810
    Astounding Super Bird chariset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A tiny isle of geekette in a sea of geek
    Posts
    4,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    Thinking about getting about the new Dr. Strange costume, but not sure if I want to get the Tactician or the regular one. If anyone who has either one could give me a bit of advise. Thanks in advance. Highly anticipating getting Deadpool when he's available (did anyone here actually win him in PVP) and Tigra as well.
    I can tell you that I just faced new Blaster Strange with my new Tactician Strange and just destroyed him. It wasn't even a fight.

    I doubt I can keep playing him at the higher levels of PvP, but right now my Strange/Scarlet Witch team (agent has Coulson's Revenge for the Coordinated Attack bonus) is probably REALLY annoying to fight.
    Last edited by chariset; 11-16-2012 at 03:37 PM.

  11. #4811
    Junior Member goosey13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    I can tell you that I just faced new Blaster Strange with my new Tactician Strange and just destroyed him. It wasn't even a fight.

    I doubt I can keep playing him at the higher levels of PvP, but right now my Strange/Scarlet Witch team (agent has Coulson's Revenge for the Coordinated Attack bonus) is probably REALLY annoying to fight.
    I'd really like her on my squad. Would really like to try her with Beast. That's a lot of CP...

  12. #4812
    Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Middle of the mitt!
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    I can tell you that I just faced new Blaster Strange with my new Tactician Strange and just destroyed him. It wasn't even a fight.

    I doubt I can keep playing him at the higher levels of PvP, but right now my Strange/Scarlet Witch team (agent has Coulson's Revenge for the Coordinated Attack bonus) is probably REALLY annoying to fight.
    I just ran into a Tactician Dr. Strange... my opponent was at a disadvantage but the thing I wanted to mention was that his passive shield popped up quite a bit... even after Strange was finished. It didn't seem to make much of a difference, but this wasn't a very even match-up so it is hard to really say.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

  13. #4813
    Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Middle of the mitt!
    Posts
    675

    Default

    On a different topic, they can take mission leaderboards down as far as I am concerned, especially if they cause so much technical difficulty. My scores in ch. 9 are low because I always play on Challenge mode and my allies don't. Also, a few of my allies must have used score multiplying hacks because their pre-ch. 9 high scores are in the MILLIONS. So the boards are basically useless anyway and I didn't miss them the first time they went down either.
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

  14. #4814
    X-Fan & Rocker krisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    3,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    On a different topic, they can take mission leaderboards down as far as I am concerned, especially if they cause so much technical difficulty. My scores in ch. 9 are low because I always play on Challenge mode and my allies don't. Also, a few of my allies must have used score multiplying hacks because their pre-ch. 9 high scores are in the MILLIONS. So the boards are basically useless anyway and I didn't miss them the first time they went down either.
    I really rely on the high score boards to help me benchmark what score I should be going for on each run. For example, if the mission has 600k left to 5-star, is that within the realm of possibilities based on the scores of my list?

    I stopped playing any non-5-star missions while the leader-boards were down.

  15. #4815
    Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Middle of the mitt!
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I really rely on the high score boards to help me benchmark what score I should be going for on each run. For example, if the mission has 600k left to 5-star, is that within the realm of possibilities based on the scores of my list?

    I stopped playing any non-5-star missions while the leader-boards were down.
    Good point, as usual. I got into the habit of writing them down in a spreadsheet (and NO ONE was surprised). That way I have an idea of what my range of scores is, not just my lucky runs.

    It would be more helpful to have the list show your own best scores and maybe the level you were at when you got 'em. So many of us are apples and oranges with our allies anyway that it not even applicable, really, to compare scores.

    Had a good run with PvP tonight... got all the way up to top .7% with only one attacking loss (against someone 7 levels higher than me, with all of the toys and outclassing me in EVERY category). Many of the fights could have easily gone either way but I am proud to say that I am still a bit sneakier and nastier than the AI and the luck of the draw went my way a few times.

    One fight ended up being pretty cake, but started off scary when the opposing agent clobbered my agent with the Golden Tyrant Blade... first event of the battle and my fairly hearty agent is down to a bit less than 1/3 health. I want one. I also want a Dark Sigil. That thing is terrifying. Fury is horrible, too... one hit on my agent and he suddenly has 6 debuffs! Thank goodness for Emma's unlock potential.

    I like it when opposing agents show up with Coulson's Revenge prominently displayed... for intimidation? It reminds me to have Emma stun them and to turn on digital decoy so they can miss. :) I'm really thankful that the Avengers logo buff shows up on the agents who are a bit sneakier.

    Hope AI doesn't hate me too much tonight...
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •