Page 316 of 822 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416816 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 12325
    Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GothamLord View Post
    While I fully agree that the Playdom forums are a mess, being someone that dropped the original high price gold value of the QJ I have to agree that I'm annoyed a bit. One would have the right to complain if you purchased a car, and several months later someone from the dealership was at your house removing the CD player because they told you they redesigned the model and it doesnt have one of that standard anymore. You kinda want the item with the powers you shelled out the gold for, and it some cases real money to get said gold. I get why it was done, but it doesnt make me any less tiffed about it. It could have kept the same function in PvE while not having the Agent get the turn in PvP.
    I hear you, it isnt good buying something and the specs change, I bought QJ myself, but it was always a "low" gold item. It's only 35 gold as opposed to 64 for all the new, customisable weapons which bedome useless after not long. I do think it'd be nice if QJ remained as it was for PvE, but I don't know how hard that would be to implement? Probably would lead to (even more) carshes.

Same could be said for Emma Frost/Mockingbird...you worked hard to get them, maybe spent money, now they are not what they once were. For me, I don't mind: I welcome it. I've spent a fair bit of cash on this game, but I was getting sick of facing Cap/Emma/Mockingbird and, as a tool of having to beat that combo, use the same combo myself. Now, with QJ and those caharcters nerfed, everything seems a bit more open, y'know? I mean, we're not likely to see She Hulk in many PvP battles, but the possibilities for new combinations are opening up.

I see both sides, BUT....yes, the Playdom Forums are full of some very warped individuals.

I just fought Deadpool for the first time, and even though he totally made me lose, that was one of the most fun fights ever. He's like the Scarlet Witch on Crack.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

I'm so happy about the Emma nerf.

Cap was beatable and still is. Mockingbird needed to get nerfed too.

But Emma, even when she was beatable, it took way too long to do it.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

I get some people had difficulty with Emma, but taking away the power to remove debuffs completely with the diamond form cripples her severely in a way that doesn't even compare with the mild slap on the wrist Cap and Mockingbird, baseline human characters for the most parts, got in comparison. The fact that War Diamond doesn't even do it anymore is wrong, especially since that move requires a cool down so it wouldn't be over powered. This change takes away the heal support aspect of Emma's character since now she has to take care of her healing too. I'm fine with it not being a passive, I'm even fine with the nonesense that mental scarring can happen now even if Mental Anguish doesn't happen. But I don't understand why the whole thing was taken off the table. It really effs up some epic boss matches.

I'm not even complaining for her to revert back, just seems like she's getting the brunt of the nerf bat for the most part, while those other two continue to more or less get off easy. I guess I can only hope this is the last change they do with her.

Emma's going to be easy prey for any and all Mockingbirds now that Organic Recovery doesn't remove all debuffs. Granted, she's still got Cosmic Power, but I agree with everyone else who thinks the nerf went a little too far.

No complaints on Quantum Jumper, though. I got so sick of seeing that thing paired with Power of Four.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Emma's going to be easy prey for any and all Mockingbirds now that Organic Recovery doesn't remove all debuffs. Granted, she's still got Cosmic Power, but I agree with everyone else who thinks the nerf went a little too far.

No complaints on Quantum Jumper, though. I got so sick of seeing that thing paired with Power of Four.
    Yeah, exactly. What's the point of arguing balance when you depower one of the few characters that can take her on? (And even before this I still had trouble defending Emma against MB).

But yeah, at least QJ and P4 aren't the huge problem they were before.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Yeah, exactly. What's the point of arguing balance when you depower one of the few characters that can take her on? (And even before this I still had trouble defending Emma against MB).

But yeah, at least QJ and P4 aren't the huge problem they were before.
    Uh, Beast can go a long way in screwing up Mockingbird.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Emma really has just become totally useless.

Unless you have Mockingbird, imo, prepare to lose HUGE when it comes to having an AFK team anymore.

She needed to have her diamond form thing nerfed, so that she could actually be attacked when it got down to just her vs someone, but now?

I really cant see any use for her any more.
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

I don't have access to the Playdom forums at work.. what did they do to Quantum Jumper?
    HeroUp.com: Squire Valiant Snail, level 3734/3767
    Fortress Of Solitude: ComicList

Quote Originally Posted by Charles LePage View Post
    I don't have access to the Playdom forums at work.. what did they do to Quantum Jumper?
    They set it so that the agent doesn't get an extra turn, just the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    They set it so that the agent doesn't get an extra turn, just the heroes.
    Also a stupid choice, a one round warm up so that the opposing Agent has a chance to put something defensive in place would be better than still allowing, potentially, 4/5 attacks before you can even do anything.

Some absolutely brilliant changes (Dr Strange's new costume is awesome, just purchased it and am now absolutely creaming Dormammu) to go along with some not so sensible ones imo
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

I'm diggin' the Doc Strange upgrade as well. I didn't get the new suit yet but may do so soon.

I like some of the other changes in relation to the PVP balancing. My Herc has been last man standing in the few fights I've had.

Ran into Beast in PVP. He messed up my P5 Bruiser Colossus and Herc for a bit. But Herc took him down pretty fast.

I was in top %2.
    When I was fighting my Human Torch disappeared after attacking. And now it says im unranked , great bug!!!!!

ha I finally completed my first ops and recruited ghostrider. I saved enough gold and CPs this time. Which means I probably can't complete the next one if it comes right away.
    Risen

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joshtylen View Post
    ha I finally completed my first ops and recruited ghostrider. I saved enough gold and CPs this time. Which means I probably can't complete the next one if it comes right away.
    You can always sign up for a free month with Gamefly or Blockbuster...

Congrats on snagging GR!

I agree that they went a step or two too far with Emma. It has been nice to see some different teams. I saw a neat team with Golden Batstone and a beefed-up Gambit. Bet that is devastating to tactician-reliant teams. I did a little double take when Remy DESTROYED my Emma. I am still running a "boring" Mockingbird/Emma team with a gadget-heavy agent (Possessed pistol/QJ/Offensive Accelerator/Digital decoy) and I can see that I am going to need to adapt this time around. I am having mixed success with the Infiltrator purple fart trench... it is quite devastating to tacticians, but enemy Mockingbirds can tear through it pretty quickly.

Looks like the Scarlet Witch is back!
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle