Page 311 of 822 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411811 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 12323

Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    Yep, fangs fall from any fight. I wish I could send some to those of you who are having a hard time.
    Thanks, WCG, I got them all! Frozen Hell is going to be a whole different story, I just know it, lol.

The funny thing is that the Fangs aren't spent to research Grief. I've still got 40 or so in my inventory, and that's after socketing a lot of them for the PvP bonus

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    The funny thing is that the Fangs aren't spent to research Grief. I've still got 40 or so in my inventory, and that's after socketing a lot of them for the PvP bonus
    I've got those fangs coming out of.....well, you get the picture!
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

I just used up a ton to boost my PVP item bonuses (41,875 Attack and 39,746 Defense; up from mid-30K each). I cleaned out a lot of low-level junk. I seem to get at least one fang per battle. Playdom must really want me to play PVP next round. I hate PVP.

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    50 ISO and scrapper's dermosteel jumpsuit at the freebie site today.
    What freebie site are you referring to?
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Derp... this is kind of like getting the free armor after unlocking the research. Definitely a bug. It even SAYS that they will be used in the challenge description. But, like the other thing, it is in the players' favor, so keep 'em coming!
    Marvel game addict

So I finally got around to buying War Machine and did his special mission. Does anyone else think is should have had an epic boss fight against a Hydra Hulk?
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

did it all for the cookie Chamber Rat's Avatar

Long-time lurker, first time poster, etc. I started this game the first day it was released, tore through it for about a month, then fell off the wagon because summer was just...not a good time for me. I just picked the game back up about a week ago, so needless to say I am way, WAY behind. I'm currently just Level 38 and scrambling to make up some lost ground. It's not going well.

I'm coming up on my first 90 CP hero, though. It's taken me FOREVER to scrounge up this much, so I want to be sure I pick the right one to round out my team. This is my (pitiful) lineup so far:

Iron Man: 7 (ready to train for 8, if necessary)
    Black Widow: 7
    Hawkeye: 5 (ready to train for 6 and will never make it because he is bloody useless)
    Cyclops: 7 (ready to train for 8, if necessary)
    Human Torch: 7
    Luke Cage: 6
    Ms. Marvel: 7
    Sif: 5

So...I kinda have the worst team ever? I'm not overly concerned with PvP; I dabble in it occasionally, but usually only when I need a few quick XP to level up. I'm more interested in characters that are fun to play and will be useful in regular missions.

I'm in desperate need of a bruiser. From my limited experience with PvP and my research on this and other forums, I'm thinking that Herc and Thor are my best bets. I'm leaning slightly more toward Thor just because he's one of my favorite characters, but I'm also awfully fond of Herc.

It's taken me a really long time and lots of grinding to work up to 90 CP, so I want to make sure I make the best investment that I can. Which...is hard to do, honestly, because I really want Spidey and Cap, too, for their protect abilities. Then there's the fact that Hellstrom should be coming up soon as a new recruit, and I can't help it; the guy's grown on me via Journey into Mystery. I just hope he's not a blaster (I'm not sure why he would be, but you never know) because obviously I've got my share of them.

So! I defer to you kind folks to guide me. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

(Oh, and if anyone is interested, I'm in dire need of more allies as well. All but, like, three of the friends I added when the game first started have abandoned it, so I'm kind of up a creek right now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chamber Rat View Post
    Hawkeye: 5 (ready to train for 6 and will never make it because he is bloody useless)

So...I kinda have the worst team ever? I'm not overly concerned with PvP; I dabble in it occasionally, but usually only when I need a few quick XP to level up. I'm more interested in characters that are fun to play and will be useful in regular missions.
    Looking at that team, I see:
    - You already have plenty of high damage capability. Heck - pretty much from all of them!
    - You can cause some status effects with Torch and Sif
    - You have no heals, shields, or other meta-abilities aside from the Cyclops and Sif buffs
    - You don't need another blaster for a while
    - In addition to a Bruiser, you could use another Infiltrator

The big question is - do you really want to go in for 90CP hero, or would it be better to grab two - or even three - to fill out your roster.

As for your Bruiser, there's no doubt that Hercules is a damage machine and super-fun to play - as is Hulk. Both of them outclass Thor on tanking and typical damage, although Thor can get all hyped up with his Might of Mjolnir. Plus, Herc causes solid debuffs. In the lower-cost realm, Thing and Colossus play really slow until they are higher level and have slots filled. She-Hulk is super-cheap and useful thanks to her speed boost, though a little dull on the whole.

As for a back-up Infiltrator, Spider-Man is hardly worth the 90CP with so many good choices in the lower ranks, although Gambit's fun-factor for the 90CP cost is pretty high in my opinion. Invisible Woman would plug your shielding gap. Kitty Pryde is my overall favorite hero, thanks to her very fun attack cycle. Nightcrawler isn't worth the CP despite being effectively unhittable, and Black Cat is okay for the price but is more useful with the triple-bleed of her alt-costume.

Of those, Hulk and Spider-Man unlock extra missions, and Spider-Man unlocks TWO Epic Bosses.

If you go the cheaper-hero route, you could have enough left over for Dr. Strange or Iron Fist, both with healing abilities.

So Epic Darmammu....didn't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Looking at that team, I see:
    - You already have plenty of high damage capability. Heck - pretty much from all of them!
    - You can cause some status effects with Torch and Sif
    - You have no heals, shields, or other meta-abilities aside from the Cyclops and Sif buffs
    - In addition to a Bruiser, you could use another Infiltrator

The big question is - do you really want to go in for 90CP hero, or would it be better to grab two - or even three - to fill out your roster.

As for your Bruiser, there's no doubt that Hercules is a damage machine and super-fun to play - as is Hulk. Both of them outclass Thor on tanking and typical damage, although Thor can get all hyped up with his Might of Mjolnir. Plus, Herc causes solid debuffs. In the lower-cost realm, Thing and Colossus play really slow until they are higher level and have slots filled. She-Hulk is super-cheap and useful thanks to her speed boost, though a little dull on the whole.

As for a back-up Infiltrator, Spider-Man is hardly worth the 90CP with so many good choices in the lower ranks, although Gambit's fun-factor for the 90CP cost is pretty high in my opinion. Invisible Woman would plug your shielding gap. Kitty Pryde is my overall favorite hero, thanks to her very fun attack cycle. Nightcrawler isn't worth the CP despite being effectively unhittable, and Black Cat is okay for the price but is more useful with the triple-bleed of her alt-costume.

Of those, Hulk and Spider-Man unlock extra missions, and Spider-Man unlocks TWO Epic Bosses.

If you go the cheaper-hero route, you could have enough left over for Dr. Strange or Iron Fist, both with healing abilities.
    Very good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamber Rat View Post

Definitely not the worst team ever... you just have the team that you have, and weren't able to play for a while. The most important thing is to have fun with the characters that you have. Obviously Krisis gave you some super helpful feedback. As I have been forced to level up Phoenix lately since my other blasters are too necessary for boss fights/too expensive to level up, I have started to realize that ANY character in this game can do well and be fun to play with some strategy. She has gotten some crap on this forum (some of it from me) because she has some more potent weaknesses than some other characters, but these can be overcome with thoughtful pairings and creative use of her abilities. So hopefully I have made my point that all characters can be effective, and having limited options can actually lead you to be creative with how you win, giving the game an element of problem-solving and fun.

That said, it is definitely nice to have all your classes well represented. My advice would be to snag one or two bruisers and an infiltrator. If you grab Thing and/or She-Hulk and Invisible Woman you will have some fun options and one or two in each class to help you with missions so you can build back up to 90.

Daimon has been mentioned enough in Spec Ops to make me think he will be coming out sooner rather than later (if not next), so you may want to wait and see what class he is/how expensive if he is your absolute favorite. In the meantime you could grab She-Hulk for 15CP just so you can begin to experience the joys of destroying scrappers while still maintaining most of your CP hoard.
    Marvel game addict

True that. Though on the exceedingly rare chance they put Chamber in the game (hahahahaha right) I would snatch him up in a heartbeat. Dude should be damn near unkillable. Then again, I said the same thing about Ghost Rider, too...

Yeah, I've been wrestling with that question for a few days now. Still trying to decide if I want one really great hero, or 2-3 good heroes. I keep eyeing Thor and Herc and sighing dramatically, but then I see Kitty and my plans fall apart.

I hate playing as Thing in team-ups (or...in any game, honestly; sorry, Ben!) and Shulkie's never impressed me much. Haven't had a chance to play as or vs. Colossus yet so I have no opinion there. I hope he's better once leveled up than he seems on paper. Er, screen. Whatever.

Nightcrawler isn't worth the CP despite being effectively unhittable
    That just makes me sad. Not enough love for the fuzzy blue elf, who should be awesome. At the very least, he should have a random chance for second attacks; I mean, come on! Teleporter!

I don't know if it's just been my experience in SO4 or what, but I haven't been overly impressed by Strange. He's useful for his healing, but his defense is crap. When Widow outlasts him in a fight, there's something wrong.

Anyway. Thank you very much for the detailed response! It's very helpful and has given me a lot to think about, so I'm gonna chew on that and put together some kind of strategy for myself. Most likely I'll end up going the 2-3 hero route just because I want some new characters to play (otherwise, I'd just buy Sif's and Ms. Marvel's alt costumes), but I didn't know about Herc and Hulk even being better than Thor, so thanks for that. :)

Definitely not the worst team ever... you just have the team that you have, and weren't able to play for a while. The most important thing is to have fun with the characters that you have. Obviously Krisis gave you some super helpful feedback. As I have been forced to level up Phoenix lately since my other blasters are too necessary for boss fights/too expensive to level up, I have started to realize that ANY character in this game can do well and be fun to play with some strategy. She has gotten some crap on this forum (some of it from me) because she has some more potent weaknesses than some other characters, but these can be overcome with thoughtful pairings and creative use of her abilities. So hopefully I have made my point that all characters can be effective, and having limited options can actually lead you to be creative with how you win, giving the game an element of problem-solving and fun.
    No, I totally understand and agree with you there. I've seen a lot of people complaining about Human Torch, but dude's a beast for me, often taking out enemies in one or two hits. Plus he's incredibly hard to kill, it seems, unless an enemy hits him with a stun or some other power-limiting debuff. Same with Ms. Marvel. Granted, she's a must-have on my team no matter what Marvel game I play (I, uh, kind of obliterated everything with her in MUA 1 and 2...fun times) but with some defense buffs, she's my go-to heavy hitter.

Daimon has been mentioned enough in Spec Ops to make me think he will be coming out sooner rather than later (if not next), so you may want to wait and see what class he is/how expensive if he is your absolute favorite.
    I was wondering why GR kept mentioning him in Spec Ops until I found out he's an upcoming new character. While I wouldn't say he's my favorite, exactly, he is my favorite of the batch of newbies said to be coming up soon. I blame the JiM fandom for making me like him after I spent the entirety of the 90s cringing every time he came around. Now I'm just praying he's 1) not a blaster, and 2) not 90 CP. He's obscure enough that I can't see him justifiably being that much, esp. not when someone like Storm is only 48 CP, but still.

In the meantime you could grab She-Hulk for 15CP just so you can begin to experience the joys of destroying scrappers while still maintaining most of your CP hoard.
    This is true. And in the long run, 15 CP isn't that hard to come by.

Thank you for the tips! They're very much appreciated. :)
    Last edited by Chamber Rat; 11-12-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: quote woes

PvP season 2 is coming soon with Cable as the reward.

*ominous music*

The fact that Deadpool is utterly dire for now makes me happy, especially since his fanboys are mostly obnoxious. Guess I'll be waiting 2 months for Cable as well.