Page 303 of 822 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403803 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 12325

Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    This also happened to me! All of the language said that you had to research it, so why wouldn't you have to buy it?

Ah well... I am not going to get upset over silver. I will make it back.
    I thought that too, at first it didn't show up in my inventory so I researched it. I decided to buy it later luckily, because when I checked a few hours later I had the armor.
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

Won the Frozen Hell weapon by beating Dormammu on the same run that I 5 starred mission 2 today. Grief looks like a nice weapon, but I didn't buy the first Demon Set weapon, so I dunno if I'll ever actually use it.

3 weeks to five star the other two. I think I can manage that.

Still trying to get Dormy to give up the Dark Sigil in 9.6 though. I beat him and all the Mindless Ones earlier and won a fire extinguisher! I was so pissed.
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    Won the Frozen Hell weapon by beating Dormammu on the same run that I 5 starred mission 2 today. Grief looks like a nice weapon, but I didn't buy the first Demon Set weapon, so I dunno if I'll ever actually use it.
    Grief and the Po4 (and the Arc Reactor Charge) won tons of people Deadpool. I'm not researching it until the end of Spec Ops though, I want it to be as high a power level as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by vaultofechoes View Post
    Grief and the Po4 (and the Arc Reactor Charge) won tons of people Deadpool. I'm not researching it until the end of Spec Ops though, I want it to be as high a power level as possible.
    I dont have the ARC, so that tactic isnt one for me, but it certainly sounds a decent 'cheap' tactic.

Like you, I am not researching until the last day. May as well get it at the highest level I can.

So gearing up for the next PVP season. Want to start focusing my efforts on leveling some of the characters I already got. Although I do have 15 gold and 11 CP to grab another dude in the 30 range. Suggestions for a team build?

Blasters: Doc Strange, Iron Man, Ms Marvel, Human Torch
    Bruisers: Thing
    Infiltrators: Black Widow, Black Cat, Invisible Woman
    Scraps: Power Man, Sif, Iron Fist
    Tacts: Hawkeye, Cyclops

Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goosey13 View Post
    So gearing up for the next PVP season. Want to start focusing my efforts on leveling some of the characters I already got. Although I do have 15 gold and 11 CP to grab another dude in the 30 range. Suggestions for a team build?

Out of those, if you're not going for alt costumes or anything, I'd get Iron Fist and Invisble Woman or maybe Dr Strange. All v good in their origianl costumes. Although, Ms Marvel and Invisible woman are even better in their upgraded costumes.

Of those, Human Torch was a strong contender in the top ranks. He's a little safer as a Bruiser in the alt costume, but even without he does a ton of damage, is healed by fire, and hits melee attackers with burning. It's a strong bunch of skills for a relatively cheap character, but he's weak to Emma as well as Hercules and Ghost Rider, who might be trending heavily in the new season.

I think your best chance given your slate of other heroes is to see what the meta-game pans out to be in the new season and staff to counter that. This season started extremely heavy on Tacticians and made it nearly around the entire wheel - it was heavy Infiltrator for a while, then Scrappers got big, and by the end Bruisers were making a strong showing.

Of who you have now, Invisible Woman and Cyclops both stand a chance in PVP if slotted strong and played well. Sif is pretty high damage even without her alt, but I haven't seen much of her. Iron Fist can be a real nuisance due to his heal, but the lack of any kind of status effect or character gimmick with him makes him less valuable. That could change with the release of his alt-costume, which I suspect will be one of the next few, along with Dr. Strange.
    Last edited by krisis; 11-06-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Yeah pain in the arse characters I ran into a lot on my way to the top 13% were Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Cyclops.

So yeah, I'll concentrate on those 6 or so mentioned above. Iron Mans training to lvl 9 right now and I got Sif to 8. Ms Marvel, Ivisi Woman, Torch, Cyclops.

And Doc Strange, cause he's pimp. And Then see how things are stacking up. Save CP for alt costumes. Don't expect to be able to win a character with only the second PVP slots unlocked but if another 8 slot uni pops up I'd like make a run at it.

Thanks for the suggestions!

And Doc Strange, cause he's pimp. And Then see how things are stacking up. Save CP for alt costumes. Don't expect to be able to win a character with only the second PVP slots unlocked but if another 8 slot uni pops up I'd like make a run at it.
    I hate to say this about my favorite character, but he's too fragile for PvP. There are a lot of Tacticians around, and they just take him apart. I finally had to stop using him because a Tactician Cap can destroy him in the very first turn.

And I broke down and bought Herc.

Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

Good choice!!

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Get ready to have some fun!
    Marvel game addict
    SHSO squad level: 960 or so
    MAA agent level: 185 or so
    SHSO Cbox: Wailing Crusader Gargoyle

And then my computer blew up. He was fun for those half dozen battles though. Hope geek squad can take care of me on the quick.

Status Update time!

The extra SpecOps and the PvP tournament has allowed me to level lots of people up, and even start finally moving some of my 11s up to 12.

Currently working on Rogue, Thing and Ghost Rider, with the aim to get them all to at least 9 before I buy Beast.

I probably should buy the last of the other cheap characters (Kitty, Kurt and Jess), but they are all just so rubbish (I know Kitty has her fans, but I really dislike playing as her).

I also need to find some time to level Mr Fantastic and Daredevil, as well as finally pushing Spider-Man to 9, but I keep getting side tracked with new characters!

Last edited by Legion_Quest; 11-07-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Got 10 gold in my daily roulette drop. That's twice in 5 days!