Page 298 of 823 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348398798 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 12335

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Just fought someone who had Ghost Rider and all four of those demonic "take a debuff to use it" weapons. He never got a chance to use any of them. Mockingbird took one look at his obvious weaknesses and one-shotted him.
    I got to say. I beat a guy today with like 1500 something (which thank you, pd for pairing me up against impossibles) and his stats up to high 40000 in defense and attack, but because he was using two of the sin weapons he became pretty weak, and he had an Emma and Mockingbird and his MB even went first weakening my team before I got my shields up, but because of the effects his weapons made, I took him out quickly and his team fell fast after him. I don't see much benifit to them. Maybe it's different if you have GR?

I tried using some of them and I just feel there too much of a hassle to built a proper strategy with. Not to mention Emmas make whatever effects it does to your openent useless. It seemed the trend was that each new Spec Op weapons would replace the old ones, but the Phoenix weapons are still ten times better.

I'm surprised how much luck plays into it. I've lost fights I would have won if the other team (especially the other Agent) hadn't had all their turns first. And I've won fights I would have lost simply because Cosmic Power or Tactical Insight kicked in at the right time.

Ghost Rider wasn't all that tough, but it was mainly because he didn't get to do much. I dread the day I meet a high-level Ghost Rider and an Agent with one of those Soulfire blades...

Something must have clicked and the game realized it wasn't doing a good enough job grinding my face into the dirt because a couple days ago it knocked me all the way back to square one with pvp and I haven't won a single fight since. I can't wait for this tournament to end just so I don't have to bother trying anymore.

I'm back at vibranium league bitchezz!

Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

Started Ghost Rider on his way to level 5. Beast will be right behind him for level 5 as soon as he's done. Then its back to grinding them back up for training again. Thinking I'm going to start Thor up towards 11 while I work on the two of them.

So glad I havent gotten caught up in this PvP craziness. I got my rank to get 10 gold and I'm content to just maintain that.
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    Just beat Dormammu and 8 mindless ones two birding 9.6

My reward?

The Dark Sigil?

No. A bloody Schwarma!
    I just beat Epic Dormammu+6 mindless ones from spec ops...

Healthy Iso-8 shard!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinnyWesker View Post
    Something must have clicked and the game realized it wasn't doing a good enough job grinding my face into the dirt because a couple days ago it knocked me all the way back to square one with pvp and I haven't won a single fight since. I can't wait for this tournament to end just so I don't have to bother trying anymore.
    Ha ha, yeah a couple times for a while there I was actually IMPROVING my rating when I was not playing. Then I lost a bunch of rating yesterday and last night. It would be interesting if there was a "cut your losses" option where you could lock in to a certain league, but then be out of the rest of the tourney. They wouldn't be able to offer that for Adamantium or people would just sneak in and be done, but for some of the lower leagues this would curb some of the frustration that

The silver lining to those random streaks of bad luck (for me anyway) is that with my rating that low, my first few match-ups were the easiest I've had in weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'm back at vibranium league bitchezz!
    ..that's kind of how I felt when I got back in, too.

Just really hate Mockingbird. Hate the lack of logic..as she basically one shots Thor. I mean, she would be hard pressed to eve mu Thor's hair....but she wipes out entire TEAMS of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    the bloodbath that's going to be the last hours is going to be amusing as hell. I imagine the ranting by everyone who just realized that if they're not going to be on their efforts were completely wasted will be plenty. You just know energy hoarders are eager to unleash their fury come monday.
    I'm just annoyed that they moved it two days to be a Monday evening at 6:30p. The entire working-by-day population of the game will be thrown to the wolves ;(

Hot damn, my rating just went down by 54. I am tempted to play a couple of matches just to make sure I have a shot at the Plasma Cannon, but I loathe PvP on principle so... just going to hope I am sufficiently buffered for Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I'm just annoyed that they moved it two days to be a Monday evening at 6:30p. The entire working-by-day population of the game will be thrown to the wolves ;(
    I think that's what's going to get most people. This tournament should've ended on a weekend. Honestly, I can't see how playdom will not find a way to rework the system cause it's really flawed, even their paying customers suffer. "Oh it doesn't matter you kept your Adamantium and Diamond leagues status, not here in the last 2 hours, you're likely getting downgraded to Gold! if not Silver."

I think I might have a shot at Deadpool provided I'm not busy that day, but I really feel they need to find a better way to do the ratings and the matches in that game. Some times, they AI is fairly dumb. I won so many fights I should have no business winning and lost so many fights that I shouldn't have an issue with.

GHOST RIDER!

I had a totally epic three-bird battle with GR and Emma vs. the Mission 3.3 bosses to grab my final star, which I needed 250,000 mission points to achieve without a second run. It was so much fun that I might actually play the SpecOp a few more times, despite already having scored the character.
    Last edited by krisis; 11-04-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    GHOST RIDER!

I had a totally epic three-bird battle with GR and Emma vs. the Mission 3.3 bosses to grab my final star, which I needed 250,000 mission points to achieve without a second run. It was so much fun that I might actually play the SpecOp a few more times, despite already having scored the character.
    Nice work! Sounds almost identical to how it went for me, though I picked Satana off first to save a few ISO-8. I think this has been the most enjoyable spec ops to date overall. I used candy apples and taffy to help beat Mephisto and get Ghost Rider? What a hilarious Halloween spec ops. And Hercules' banter with Tony Stark in the deploy for mission 2 actually made me laugh.

is there going to be a christmas spec ops? I feel i need a break

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    is there going to be a christmas spec ops? I feel i need a break
    As much as I can understand why they released SO4 when they did, I completely agree. Did we even have a week off from gathering ISO?

I heard rumors a while back that SO4 was going to be around Christmastime with Professor X, but obviously at least part of that wasn't the case.