Page 296 of 820 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396796 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 12290

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Basically, don't bring anyone with a glass jaw (a-hem, Dr. Strange), because if Dorm spams his big AOEs on both his turns they are a goner.
    Alas, it's all true. He can dish it out, but he can't take it.

At least he's got a major role in this plot. Watching him trade barbs with pretty much everyone makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_Quest View Post
    Yup.

They seem to be region locked though, so if your Halifax isn't Halifax UK, you might not see it.....
    Gotcha! Unfortunately I'm in Halifax, NS so no 8 gold for me. Thanks though.

I had to download Google Chrome to play the game. It wasn't loading at all on Firefox. So now I have to claw my way back into contention in PvP. I really want that Infiltrator armor.

Glynne, if you're around, do you need Pumpkin Bombs? I need Iso more than another grenade, but if you need some I'll be happy to send you a few.

Member Wailing Crusader Gargoyle's Avatar

100 gold for free Gamefly trial! Yay!
    Try to accept the offer and Trialpay says I've already completed it? BOO

Emma was the only one left standing... with 3 life left. It was brutal. Enemy was running MB and Beast... AI was favoring the Phoenix Flare a LOT. Beast is... a beast. I relied heavily on my MB and Emma stunning them.

Just met an interesting team -- Hercules and Modern Armor Thor. Unfortunately for them, I gave in tonight and added Mockingbird to my team, and she laughs at Bruisers.

Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

Anyone else notice that the Infiltrator power armour is showing up as locked on the research tab? Does this mean that after the PvP tournmaent is over we'll just be able to get it anyway for a couple of hundred thousand silver?

Quote Originally Posted by John Trenchfoot View Post
    Anyone else notice that the Infiltrator power armour is showing up as locked on the research tab? Does this mean that after the PvP tournmaent is over we'll just be able to get it anyway for a couple of hundred thousand silver?
    Sure does seem possible... they have been careful to let people know that Deadpool will be available to others later... though Spec Ops heroes show up in the Team page as "locked" and then disappear after the op.

Part-Time Pen Monkey GothamLord's Avatar

They disappear for you? On my secondary account that I dont have Spec Ops characters for, they are still there. They just show as expired.
    Avengers Alliance - GothamLord
    "My give a damn is busted"

Quote Originally Posted by GothamLord View Post
    They disappear for you? On my secondary account that I dont have Spec Ops characters for, they are still there. They just show as expired.
    You are correct. I just assumed that they disappeared, my bad. I have never checked the team page on my wife's account (she only has an account to send me gifts, heh).

So I guess it is also a possibility that the Inf. Armor might just show as "Expired"

I just ran across an interesting suggestion... use power of four while beating missions to let your heroes level up more quickly than your agent? The agent won't get much EXP because of dying, but the comic heroes are set up well to win the fight. Has anyone tried this? I have noticed in PvP that most folks at my level have tons of level 11/12 heroes... I have one level 11 and a decent amount of 10s.

I have been cooking through levels to five-star and get CPs, but I can see how this might help balance my team out to line up a bit better with my level.

Of course, I don't have Power of Four, but I could add it to my to-do list.

The other thing that I do that may be dumb is put all of the high level heroes who I can't afford to level up on the flight deck... that way I am always pulling in lots of silver.

Any strategic advice?

Side note: Anklebiter is a pain in the butt... I've seen two folks (guessing they're big spenders because they also had high level Beasts ALREADY) with it in PvP. BUT it is hilarious because it is (to my knowledge) the only attack where the agent kicks an opponent.

Does anyone feel like Mephisto just poofing away after the battle is kinda a let down? I feel I gave it all and he gets away anyways

Fell out of the Gold League, and I'm trying to get back in, but the rating system is getting rather annoying. It usually looks like my rating barely changes, when it turns out I lost battles around the time I win some. There's also the fact that the system keeps pairing me against people I can't have any hope of defeating.
    Last edited by Phantom Roxas; 11-03-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wailing Crusader Gargoyle View Post
    The other thing that I do that may be dumb is put all of the high level heroes who I can't afford to level up on the flight deck... that way I am always pulling in lots of silver.

Any strategic advice?
    No, that's actually a good thing to do. :) Send them on 20-minute missions though to maximise your silver.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Does anyone feel like Mephisto just poofing away after the battle is kinda a let down? I feel I gave it all and he gets away anyways
    Yes. He is one of the biggest twats in the Marvel Universe and is someone whom you actually want to kill. His boss fight feels like an actual event. Unlike, say, "Hey! I just knocked out A-list Marvel baddie Vapor yet again! NOW GIMME CP!"

Has anyone else noticed that the Cuspero and Spiculum demons are an obvious homage to Blanka from Street Fighter? They look just like him and have the same attacks animations!

Meanwhile, does everyone have the problem that when they buy gold they need to reload the game for it to show up? I just defeated SpecOc Dormie and was going to re-spin to try to get his special weapon, but when I bought an add'l $1 of gold to get over the spin amount it never showed up! I waited a LONG time, too, because I really didn't want to have to replay that entire mission to get back to the spinner.
    Last edited by krisis; 11-03-2012 at 09:37 AM.