Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Default DC Universe Online (Big Game, Big Questions)

My biggest questions regarding DCU online all revolve around the character you get to create. I know you are making your own superhero with or without powers.

What I'm curious about is can you choose specific DCU powers like being a speedster or being a Green Lantern?

I wanna be a Green Lantern named Snoop Dogg. If I can actually make it look like Snoop that would essentially guarantee that this is the greatest game known to man.

Oh, Sookie!

DC Universe Online's character creator allows you build your own character or use an "Inspired By" option, which creates a character based on the DC iconic of your choice. From there, you can tweak things about that character like their costumes and movement mode, etc. I believe.

So you can build your own Green Lantern-like character, which should be something like:

Power Source/Weapon: Ring
    Power: Light
    Movement Mode: Flight

Or if you're lazy, just pick the Inspired By option, and choose Green Lantern.

And then in game, you can add points to attributes like Willpower, strength, metabolism, etc.

As far as appearance goes, I believe there's a fairly extensive selection of clothing choices. Perhaps a pimp costume. I'm not totally sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrer View Post
    DC Universe Online's character creator allows you build your own character or use an "Inspired By" option, which creates a character based on the DC iconic of your choice. From there, you can tweak things about that character like their costumes and movement mode, etc. I believe.

So you can build your own Green Lantern-like character, which should be something like:

Power Source/Weapon: Ring
    Power: Light
    Movement Mode: Flight

Or if you're lazy, just pick the Inspired By option, and choose Green Lantern.

And then in game, you can add points to attributes like Willpower, strength, metabolism, etc.

As far as appearance goes, I believe there's a fairly extensive selection of clothing choices. Perhaps a pimp costume. I'm not totally sure.

You just succeeded in getting me MORE pumped than I already am for this game. I don't know how, wait yes I do.... holy crap that is awesome.

You win the prize, a bad-ass picture of Wildcat.

I hardly think that's any of your business.

I'll probably be getting the game for PC; I just hope my laptop is compatible with it, probably is though. I just need to get a controller.

My first thought of a character would be one based off Zero from Code Geass, though I'm having ideas for a Spider-Man Noir character.

Part of me wants to be a dude with no powers like Batman or Nightwing. Just a bad-ass street-level crimefighter in Gotham, but with a very arrogant costume.

I have decided that whatever character I create, I will create an origin for them too that ties into the real DCU. That'll be sweet.

When is this being released?

I would love to play this game, but by the time I get a computer powerful enough to play it..well, let's just say that would be years from now.

Personally I'd rather they focus on a singe player DC game for the 360.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd lvl Mage View Post
    When is this being released?
    Early November. November 2nd or 7th or something like that.

I just hope it doesn't turn out like Justice League Heroes.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Game is written by Geoff Johns, the art is Jim Lee. I can't wait.

I hardly think that's any of your business.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrer View Post
    Early November. November 2nd or 7th or something like that.
    Hello birthday present.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I just hope it doesn't turn out like Justice League Heroes.
    Well it's not really a comparison. This is an MMO.

Totally buying a PS3 for this game. God of War? Don't care. Metal Gear? It's alright but not a selling point.

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE! Creating my own hero!! Traveling to Metropolis... HELPING SUPERMAN BEAT DOOMSDAY!

This is what I want more of in games!

queen of the stone age Wilder Midnight's Avatar

my biggest question revolves around does anyone know if we can play the game off line..i.e. just by yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilder Midnight View Post
    my biggest question revolves around does anyone know if we can play the game off line..i.e. just by yourself?
    No. It is an MMO. It's online only.