Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thanks to the creatora of this thread

Would anyone recommend Batman and the Outsiders by Chuck Dixon & eventually Tomasi? I'm a fan of Tomasi's current Batman and Robin and was looking for a team book. How was this run?

Thanks
    "Ready When You Are" - Batman

Quote Originally Posted by linkspirit97 View Post
    Is it worth picking up Knightfall for Bane?

For obvious reasons I want more of the character, but only if it's any good.
    If you were only going to read one Bane storyline, I'd recommend this one.

Quote Originally Posted by nsiops View Post
    Would anyone recommend Batman and the Outsiders by Chuck Dixon & eventually Tomasi? I'm a fan of Tomasi's current Batman and Robin and was looking for a team book. How was this run?
    Eh, Dixon's short tenure wasn't too bad. I really didn't care much for Tomasi's. If you want to read Tomasi on a team book, I think Green Lantern Corps is better.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Year one was fun, but did not blow me out of the water.

Awesome sticky! Thanks for the effert!

Can someone tell me what the timeline for the "millerverse"* looks like?
    I don't think this question deserves its own thread, so I just post this here.

*Millerverse consists of Year One, Dark Knight Returns, Dark Knight Strikes Again, All-Star Batman, Spawn/Batman.
    Not written by Miller, small appearances: Countdown: Arena #1 and Superman and Batman: World's Funnest.

This is a "looking for this comic" type question.

I remember, as a kid in the '90s, having a Batman book that took place in the far future. A dystopian type future. From what I remember, there wasn't actually a whole lot of Batman in it. I mostly remember some citizens, hiding from their oppressors or something, talking about Batman and what he meant and if there was still a Batman. They were thinking of him as a savior type figure. I remember these people got a quick glimpse of Batman. He was flying in an Iron Man type Batsuit. They were higher up then him, though, so you saw him from above. I think there was a scene later that maybe implied this could be the original Batman, somehow preserved. But, I also seem to remember that it wasn't Bruce Wayne, so it might have just been the characters, and not the reader, that didn't know if he was the original. I also seem to remember there being a black girl who might have been Robin, or a Robin type character. Some kind of ally. She had short hair? Maybe it was told from her perspective? Maybe I'm making that part up? I'm not sure.

Really, I'm just curious to find out where I remember this from. I obviously don't remember a lot, so certain details might be wrong. If anyone knows anything similar, though, I appreciate it.
    Ginkasa Reviews Everything*
    Current Review: Xenogears

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    This is a "looking for this comic" type question.

I remember, as a kid in the '90s, having a Batman book that took place in the far future. A dystopian type future. From what I remember, there wasn't actually a whole lot of Batman in it. I mostly remember some citizens, hiding from their oppressors or something, talking about Batman and what he meant and if there was still a Batman. They were thinking of him as a savior type figure. I remember these people got a quick glimpse of Batman. He was flying in an Iron Man type Batsuit. They were higher up then him, though, so you saw him from above. I think there was a scene later that maybe implied this could be the original Batman, somehow preserved. But, I also seem to remember that it wasn't Bruce Wayne, so it might have just been the characters, and not the reader, that didn't know if he was the original. I also seem to remember there being a black girl who might have been Robin, or a Robin type character. Some kind of ally. She had short hair? Maybe it was told from her perspective? Maybe I'm making that part up? I'm not sure.

Really, I'm just curious to find out where I remember this from. I obviously don't remember a lot, so certain details might be wrong. If anyone knows anything similar, though, I appreciate it.
    Dark Knight Strikes Again or Dark Knight Returns

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoussis View Post
    Dark Knight Strikes Again or Dark Knight Returns

No, these are not it.
    Ginkasa Reviews Everything*
    Current Review: Xenogears

I'm having trouble with continuity. I recently finished The Black Mirror (HC). The book starts with 'The story so far'. So what series/book comes before The Black Mirror?

I'm also looking for collected volumes of Batman and Robin (volume 2 / new 52), but is there one already? What's the title?

Quote Originally Posted by XBWillem View Post
    I'm having trouble with continuity. I recently finished The Black Mirror (HC). The book starts with 'The story so far'. So what series/book comes before The Black Mirror?

I'm also looking for collected volumes of Batman and Robin (volume 2 / new 52), but is there one already? What's the title?
    There's nothing leading into Mirror apart from the basic premise that Dick is now Batman. That all happens in Batman Reborn and larger the Morrison run and without Mirror in front of me I'd assume that's what the "story so far" is referring to. Only other important books I can think of are Dark Victory with the Tony Zucco parts and of course Year One and Killing Joke.

The post 52 B&R trade is Born to Kill. ( There's a schedule of all new52 trades in the first post)

Ginkasa your description feels maddeningly familiar, racking my brain but can't remember where from

Thanks for the feedback drockw
    Last edited by nepenthes; 07-31-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Thanks nepenthes.

That list of yours is insane. Just what I was looking for. Awesome!

Am I correct that when getting the volume City of Owls (when it is released), I still miss out on 3 issues of Batman?
    Last edited by XBWillem; 07-31-2012 at 12:03 PM.

I believe the last Batman I read was Batman, Inc #1 and I believe maybe Batman and Robin #17 or something close to that (I don't remember the time frame) Before that I had read everything from there back to RIP/Final Crisis.

What are the titles out at the moment and what is must-read? I hear Synder & Capullo's run is good. Will I need to read to go back and start from Inc and how does the current line tie in with the other titles out?

Thanks a lot in advance guys :)

I've read Batman #1-5 (collected in The Court of Owls HC) and that one is insane. One of the best 'regular' comic books I've read.

Got another question myself as well:

I just ordered Batman RIP and Final Crisis. With Flashpoint and the start of Batman in DCnU, is there anything I'm missing in between?
    Last edited by XBWillem; 07-31-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XBWillem View Post
    I've read Batman #1-5 (collected in The Court of Owls HC) and that one is insane. One of the best 'regular' comic books I've read.

Got another question myself as well:

I just ordered Batman RIP and Final Crisis. With Flashpoint and the start of Batman in DCnU, is there anything I'm missing in between?
    For the most part in between Final Crisis and Flashpoint, Bruce Wayne is missing and Dick Grayson (the original Robin) takes up the mantle as Batman. The best stories are collected in Grant Morrison's "Batman and Robin" trades, there are three volumes. That then leads into Morrison's "Batman Inc," which is still continuing after Flashpoint, more or less the same. If you really like RIP and Final Crisis then you absolutely have to get B&R and Inc, they're by the same writer and I think most people would consider B&R and Inc to be a lot better than RIP. "The Return of Bruce Wayne" is also a story in there that is kind of self-explanatory in what it sets out to do; I thought it was a mess and really disappointing, but if you are a completist then you should get that too.

Let me know if the above was confusing and I can rephrase it or break it down more clearly.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor