Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Im not a new fan, but this thread is great, knew Year One would come out on top.

Thanks for the great info in this thread. I'd like to start getting back into Batman was one of my favorites for quite a long time.

I'd like to jump into Batman, wondering what the best way to go about it would be...I guess the best thing to do would be start pulling them and wait for the Court of Cowls TPB in May to backfill? Not sure how much I will be missing between the end of the TPB and the current story arc...

BANNED

Wow, kudos to nepenthes. This is a really well put together thread. Something similar should be done with Superman.

So from what I gathered reading this, to get caught up on the new Batman, I should get a hold of Batman #6 and #7, start pulling the new ones and wait for the Cowl TPB in May (or alternatively get #1-5)?

Just want to make sure I'm not missing something since its been awhile

Quote Originally Posted by xspork View Post
    So from what I gathered reading this, to get caught up on the new Batman, I should get a hold of Batman #6 and #7, start pulling the new ones and wait for the Cowl TPB in May (or alternatively get #1-5)?

Just want to make sure I'm not missing something since its been awhile
    Either try to get all issues starting with #1, or start picking up at issue #8 and buy the first hardcover that collects issue 1-7.

I've been following a pretty extensive list that I happened across on the web of the Batman reading order:

http://thebatsquad.conforums3.com/in...num=1173148575

I think instead of following that one to a "T" I'll probably stick to the one posted in this thread because it has far fewer entries and I've been somewhat overwhelmed as of late due to the amount of content in the Batman mythos, being a beginner and all.

So far I've managed to read most of the major story arcs starting with Batman: Year One up to Knightfall (which seems kinda poorly executed in my opinion.)

Anyways, thanks for this thread. I'll be looking back on it frequently.

A great thread indeed, I will be following and reading most of your picks! Although I've read most of them, and have been up to date with the current storylines, but your thread is a perfect foundation for any Bat-reader, either to begin with or check if he missed anything.

Thank you! This is so helpful. I've been wanting to read Batman but have just felt so overwhelmed on where to begin or how to afford it!

BANNED

Read Battle for the Cowl. Enjoyed it !!! Going read Gates of Gotham next.

Nice!

Now I know where to find great Batman comics to read. Kudos to the OP for putting this up!

Which of Morrison's storylines are the best?

Question New To Batman

Look. Im pretty new to the comic book world. I really want to read a good Batman series that will give me his Origin and everything I need to know about the story. PLEASE leave me some positive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkrat13 View Post
    Look. Im pretty new to the comic book world. I really want to read a good Batman series that will give me his Origin and everything I need to know about the story. PLEASE leave me some positive feedback.
    For Origin stories I would go with Batman: Year One

There's this cool stickied thread at the top of page that you should read. It was made for you.
    Ginkasa Reviews Everything*
    Current Review: Xenogears

Is there a recommended order that a newcomer should go in with the batman universe comics?