Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Pretty psyched about this! I just finished inputting my entire collection into stashmycomics and figured out how to divide it out by whether or not I've read a comic AND how long it's been since I read a comic.

Check out my collection: http://www.stashmycomics.com/html/pu...iewswl=mystash

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    Pretty psyched about this! I just finished inputting my entire collection into stashmycomics and figured out how to divide it out by whether or not I've read a comic AND how long it's been since I read a comic.

Check out my collection: http://www.stashmycomics.com/html/pu...iewswl=mystash
    I like how you have it setup read in my teens etc. I would only have read in my 20s and unread which would be about 10 pages long.

I used a MS Word spreadsheet that I print out to carry with me when I head out to conventions and with whatever new comic I get with a red pen I make a note of it then I update my spreadsheet and print it and so on.

I use a program by Duck Software simply titled Comic Book Collector 5.1. It's very basic, with a Win95 feel, but it gets the job done. I look up the comic and download the cover and put it as a thumbnail in the library. Works well for me. When I go to the comic store or a convention, I simply convert my library to a .CSV file and export it to my tablet. Then BAM! I can open it up as a spreadsheet file and see what I have, how many copies, and in what condition they're in.

Here's a screenshot just to show you...

New here, was googling comicbase to find out if others have tried it. Thought I would post my findings. Comicbase costs quite a bit, I tried the free version..not impressed. The free version doesn't let you see the thumbnails and was kinda hard to work with but I got the idea. I realized it has to download the pictures on the paid version to your harddrive, so lots of space needed, but otherwise kinda goofy to work with and then that pricey fee was a bad in my books.

I looked back at a website I had used for years and realized I already had the best thing possible. Try out comicbookrealm.com totally free, not even an upgrade option for paid members and all that hidden stuff. Totally donation powered and pretty cool. All online, with pics, updated pricing info based on CBPG and input from members, and you can accumulate points by helping them out with adding cover scans of issues they don't have...they have most. You can use those points for other stuff, and get better reports on your collection. Even has options to sell within the community. Pretty cool and once my brain woke up I realized I already had the best thing possible, no downloads, no cost...easy to use, add books, search, see what the covers are, reports for losts of cool stuff like "on the move" books going up in value.

Anybody else using it? Anybody found something better?

If you take the time to read through the full thread, you'll see plenty of other options that members here are using.

http://www.comicbookdb.com

Very comprehensive, allows user updates, well moderated, and best of all FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by AZBarbarian View Post
    http://www.comicbookdb.com

Very comprehensive, allows user updates, well moderated, and best of all FREE!
    I do like free things...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I keep a simple Excel spreadsheet of my collection.

Column A: Book title
    Column B: Issue #
    Column C: Issue title (if available)
    Column D: Year published
    Column E: Publisher
    Column F: Miscellaneous notes
    Column G: Number of copies (if more than one)

Here's a screencap:
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

ComicBase

Yes, depending on how upscale you want to get it can get pricey, but, I'm serious about my comics and love it. Also love that it's stuffed with hundreds of thousands of hi-res cover scans. Also pretty sophisticated in being able to sort even down to cover inkers.

I've let me current subscription lapse, but when v17 comes out I'm going to upgrade to it. One kinda nice thing is it continually updates every week to stay current with pricing.

Bonus, which I haven't done yet, but, you can upload directly to their website, AtomicAvenue.com, and sell your collection. Very affordable and flexible. I haven't sold anything yet but have bought items and been very pleased with it.

I had another program years ago that looked very similar to that Duck program. It was ok. I've also done own my spreadsheets before.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

I got a Kindle Fire for Xmas, so I'm in the process of switching from an Excel spreadsheet to ComicCollectorz program, which has versions for pc & android. Relatively cheap program, I update it on my laptop and export it to the Kindle. That way I can bring a record of my whole collection (including cover photos) with me on my Kindle for when I go back issue shopping. Hopefully will pay for the software just in eliminating duplicate buys alone.
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

That's a very good point about the dupes. Somehow I have 5 extra copy of an issue of The H.A.R.D. Corps from the Valiant days ! How that ever happened, repeatedly, I'll never know.

Yeah, I've seen that ComicCollectorz program. It looks pretty decent.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    That's a very good point about the dupes. Somehow I have 5 extra copy of an issue of The H.A.R.D. Corps from the Valiant days ! How that ever happened, repeatedly, I'll never know.

Yeah, I've seen that ComicCollectorz program. It looks pretty decent.
    I like it so far. The only issue I've had is how long it takes to export this many comics to the Kindle. It doesn't do updates, it exports the whole thing each time, so it takes a couple of hours. Once it's there, it's nice.
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    ComicBase

Bonus, which I haven't done yet, but, you can upload directly to their website, AtomicAvenue.com, and sell your collection. Very affordable and flexible. I haven't sold anything yet but have bought items and been very pleased with it.
    And you don't even have to have a current subscription to list. You just have to have used the program at one time (of course, you can't update your prices automatically without a subscription, but I don't really have any big ticket items on there so I don't worry about it.)