View Poll Results: Are you enjoying AVX?

Voters
302. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

79 26.16%
  • No

124 41.06%
  • Would enjoy it more if it had more feats

19 6.29%
  • Jean Grey

80 26.49%
Page 96 of 389 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 5832

Default Gambit in AvX Vs #2

I just bought and read AvX Vs #2. So I knew before reading it, there was no way they were going to let Gambit beat Captain America, but the way they wrote it was completely ridiculous. So Gambit is able to catch Cap's shield, charge it, and throw it back in his direction fully charged causing a giant explosion. Cap dodges is and is later able to catch Gambit and pin him to a tree while Gambit is charging up Cap's shirt the whole time. He kicks Cap away and Cap's shirt explodes. When the smoke clears, Cap's shirt is ripped but Cap doesn't have a scratch on him and has somehow gotten his shield back. He casually punches out Gambit and asks for a new shirt. Seriously? Gambit was able to stun Gladiator with some charged cards. Anything that can stun Gladiator should completely blow a hole through Cap. Yet there he is standing without any cuts or bruises. Nothing. Not only should it have blown a hole through Cap, the exploded chain mail should have ripped through Cap's body like shrapnel. I have no problem with Cap beating Gambit, but that's just idiotic. Next, they'll have Cap stopping Juggerlossus with his pinky while extinguishing the Phoenix force by spitting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipocrif View Post
    I have no problem with Cap beating Gambit
    Me neither. Don't get me wrong, I hate Cap, but I have no problems with him beating Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Mengsk View Post
    Me neither. Don't get me wrong, I hate Cap, but I have no problems with him beating Gambit.
    Yeah i say let him go to town on the Cajun swamprat they should have shown the fight between Cap and Warpath. I mean how did he beat the guy who had his number in various areas? And plese do not answer with some racial slur or capitalist remark, those are over and done with.

This who controversy is like the same with Avengers X-Sanction. There was a lot of outrage when Cable Singlehandedly disabled (with the help of future techonlogy + element of Surprise) Falcon, Cap, Iron Man and Rulk.

I guess it is the same with AvX where this time the X-men are on the receiving end. Fans of either side never wants to see their heroes being beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    While I do agree that the M by itself doesn't prove anything, didn't Kid Bishop say something like "if I could I'd kill her" or something like that?
    I still don't see how her not being known proves that she couldn't have caused the timelines.
    Yes Kid Biship clearly says if he could kill her he would. I did not say it to suggest it was proof of her not causing the timelines but just another example of why the M did not automatically mean Bishop knew or hated Hope. Again that was what Ebon and I were debating.

Its a long shot, but when Wanda enters the mix, I sure do hope she sides with the X-Men. And I really hope she brings her kids along with her. Again, its likely not going to happen, but with their continuously tumultuous relationship with the Senior Avengers, the Young Avengers (sans Patriot) seem to have a different set of ideals when it comes to world saving. They're the only batch of Avenger-types that I actually like anymore. And they know first hand how it feels to have the Avengers try to dictate their lives, and they're not big fans of Wolverine either.

Family Reunion, take 2, Young Avengers! Join the mutants!
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Continuity question:

In Avengers 25, The Protector receives a command to backstab the Avengers.
    In Secret Avengers 26, the secret avengers battle Phoenix in Space and lose, and then land on Hala, and then captain marvel recruits Protector and Carol to fight the secret avengers
    In Avengers 26, the secret avengers flies back into Space a second time to fight the Phoenix, and it ends with Protector backstabbing the secret avengers (including Carol)
    In Secret Avengers 27, Captain Marvel leads Carol and Protector against the Secret Avengers on Hala.

101010 does not compute. divide by 0. Somehow the events in the Avengers are incompatable with the events of Secret Avengers, despite the books following the same team. Captain Marvel is not in the Avengers books. What the hell is going on?
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    Continuity question:

In Secret Avengers 26, the secret avengers battle Phoenix in Space and lose, and then land on Hala, and then captain marvel recruits Protector and Carol to fight the secret avengers
    In Avengers 26, the secret avengers flies back into Space a second time to fight the Phoenix, and it ends with Protector backstabbing the secret avengers (including Carol)
    In Secret Avengers 27, Captain Marvel leads Carol and Protector against the Secret Avengers on Hala.

101010 does not compute. divide by 0. Somehow the events in the Avengers are incompatable with the events of Secret Avengers, despite the books following the same team. Captain Marvel is not in the Avengers books. What the hell is going on?
    I was thinking the exact same thing, and have been trying to figure it out in vain for days now. I guess writers don't consult editors often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDiableBlanc View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing, and have been trying to figure it out in vain for days now. I guess writers don't consult editors often enough.
    The editors can keep one plot straight given the books were released pretty much at the same time, right? Did they split into an alternative universes and we're witnesses separate threads?
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Continuity question:

Unreliable narrative literary device. We'll see clearer once it's done and collected.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Continuity question:

Dude, let it go...whatever sense of order, contanuity and propriety that once existed in Marvel has gone the way of the Dodo and straight into the toilet. Personally i am only collecting the other issues because i have an obssesive compulsive need to do so. Read the main series since it makes a hell of a lot more sense than trying to decipher why Cap can beath Warpath, why Cyclops has gone nuts and why Hope thought it was a really god idea to trust Wolverine despite giving him a beer after he killed a Polar bear in the North Pole.

I just don't know what to think about A vs X, I want it to be better, but there are still many times that they have this little moment of genius in the writting, usally by Jason Aaron. But I still don't think it's as good as it could be. We talk more indept about A vs X and some other events going on in an issue of A Comic Book Look.
    TomStewDevine - I say yes to Comics.

A Comic Book Look: Our Weekly TV Show on Comics

Cyke is loving this. He didn't need to convince the mutants on Logan's school to join because those assholes of the Avengers did everything for him. So Falcon, She-Hulk and MoonKnight went to the schooll and threaten the staff ( who weren't fighting ) not to leave and join the fight.
    NÓS SÓ QUEREMOS O BENFICA CAMPEÃO

Quote Originally Posted by kris020 View Post
    This who controversy is like the same with Avengers X-Sanction. There was a lot of outrage when Cable Singlehandedly disabled (with the help of future techonlogy + element of Surprise) Falcon, Cap, Iron Man and Rulk.

I guess it is the same with AvX where this time the X-men are on the receiving end. Fans of either side never wants to see their heroes being beaten.
    A fav character being taken down is a lot easier to swallow if they are taken out by surprise, these fights may as well be in boxing rings from the way they are advertised. I did say the tag line for Av Vs X-Men should be "no matter who wins somebody will be offended".

Quote Originally Posted by DexterSinister View Post
    A fav character being taken down is a lot easier to swallow if they are taken out by surprise, these fights may as well be in boxing rings from the way they are advertised. I did say the tag line for Av Vs X-Men should be "no matter who wins somebody will be offended".
    The amusing thing is that the intro splash page for Vs #1 said pretty much the same thing and makes no apologies for it.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco